VGFacts

Full Version: VGFACTS Steam Group Thread – Mouse clicking party over here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(The group is a little bare-bones right now while we continue to work on everything.)

[Image: i5LdD4R.png]

Hey VGFacts posters! Are you bored of tapping your keyboard to your favorite personal computer video games? Wish you could share your tapping experience with fellow VGFacts posters? Then I have the answer for you! Announcing our new slick and smooth Steam Group!! Now you too can play video games with other posters on this very site, but before you dive into your journey to make cool new friends you need to be aware of a few things.
  • This group is a private group meant only for VGfacts members with an interest to play games with other VGFacts members.
  • If you want to host a game with us, please make a post in the ‘Looking for Group Thread - Steam Games’. (If your game is Non-Steam read the 'What if I want to host a game that's not on Steam?' section.)
  • Don’t be a jerk. This group is meant for posters to relax with others and have fun, so don’t ruin it by getting mad your team didn't win. Also anyone catching someone being jerk please report them to an officer and/or admin of the group. We’ll take care of it; don’t take justice into your own hands. (If you are hosting feel free to kick jerks out.)
  • Absolutely NO advertising. I mean it, do not push you Let's play/Game Review/Whatever channel/website/twitter/etc. on the group's forums or public chatroom. We have a thread for that on the forums here.
  • When using the chatroom please keep it as clean as possible, and no linking to malicious sites.

How to get invited into the group

This part is very easy. The simple fact you are reading this post means you are fully capable of doing this. Make a post in this very thread expressing interest in joining the group along with a link to your profile via Steam’s website. That’s it. We don’t care if this is your first and only post; make a post and get in. Once an Officer/admin sees your post we will send out your invite. (Please allow at least 24 hours for invite to be sent. If you do not receive within 24 hours please PM me on the VGFacts forums.)

Wait, Why do I have to jump through hoops just to get invited into some stupid group :(

We are sorry you feel that way, but this requirement is in place to filter out any lurkers that don’t want to join our community and just want to spam junk that include but are not limited to: VGfacts video ideas, shilling out Let’s play/Game review/etc. channels, and crowding up the chat room talking about really weird things and alienating the rest of the us from the chatroom. Yes, we know this requirement is very mean spirited, but we do this to keep the original vision of this group: To play games together. I mean come on, I’m not asking you to type me an essay on why you should be invited just keep it short and sweet.

[Image: GFDalva.jpg]

Now that we made it through all the hard stuff make a post and [Image: EtI3Ebj.gif].
You should edit that to make it clear not to PM forum admins, but Officers of the Steam group (At least until forum admins join and are made officers)
DO I EVEN NEED A REASON TO BE INVITED? DO IT, NAO!

It's my username, just without the gap :P
People, join, NOW RAWR
Hmm I wish to partake in such shenanigans.
My steam name is just as it is on here.
If I joined, I wouldn't be active at all. haha.
Not bad idea taking a picture of that round.
I wouldn't mind joining. My steam name is Cry Some More.
(04-20-2013, 06:53 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mind joining. My steam name is Cry Some More.

Could you link it, cause searching your name turns up about 6000 results.

I assume this is your profile?
Sweet, I'm in, my account is just Arjahn
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Arjahn
(04-20-2013, 07:48 PM)Arjahn Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet, I'm in, my account is just Arjahn
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Arjahn

Slipped ya a invite after you invited me to Team Fortress 2.
(04-20-2013, 12:07 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: [ -> ]If I joined, I wouldn't be active at all. haha.

There's not a whole lot of active to be in a steam group. Just pop in if you want to play a game.
(04-20-2013, 07:27 PM)Lightmatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2013, 06:53 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mind joining. My steam name is Cry Some More.

Could you link it, cause searching your name turns up about 6000 results.

I assume this is your profile?

Here is the link to my profile
http://steamcommunity.com/id/assassininthedark
Pages: 1 2