VGFacts

Full Version: Little error in the latest DYKG episode!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've just finished watching the latest DYKG episode talking about JoJo games and to surprise of no one I enjoyed every second of it. However, there's one mistake in the video.

You see, at one point Dazz mentions that the design of Street Fighter's Guile was based on J.P Polnareff, whereas his name is based of Polnareff's archenemy, J.Geil. Later it mentions how in the Street Fighter X Tekken Artworks artbook there's an statement which says than an artist streched Guile's hair to the sideways as a joke. Everything about this is fine except for the fact that they forgot to mention the meaning behind said joke: to give Guile "the always distinctive Stroheim look"

Basically, you completely cut-out the Stroheim part from the story. Sure, Guile was inspired by Polnareff and J.Geil, but also Rudol Von Stroheim!

People in the comment section of said video are legit confused about the whole deal (yes, I know I promised myself to avoid reading YT comments but... eh. I decided to make an exception on that video). I think is for the better to release a statement regarding this issue.

Everything else is pretty much accurate.
Three days have passed yet there's no statement.

Considering the weekly release of each new episode, I'd say that's a lot of time.
I'm not sure Dazz checks in here frequently enough to have seen this. If you're on the Discord, I'd recommend bringing it up there.
(03-07-2018, 12:58 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure Dazz checks in here frequently enough to have seen this. If you're on the Discord, I'd recommend bringing it up there.

I do not have a Discord account. Sorry.