VGFacts

Full Version: VGFacts Awards 2018!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Gamers of all ages! Get ready for another yearly spectacle.........
VGFacts Awards 2018!

Have you ever dreamed of receiving an Oscar, Emmy, Heisman trophy, Stanley Cup, Pulitzer, or Nobel Prize? 
This is better! There's no monetary value and worldwide fame is not included! 

Have you seen a trivia that you find very interesting and it stands out among others? Has someone posted about a day that went so well that Ice Cube would be jealous? Here's your chance to nominate and vote.

Although we're 2 months behind last year's schedule, I don't want to rush it (plus we all have classes, work, adulting, etc):

March 18th to April 1st
Submit and debate ideas for awards categories
Submit your ideas publically on this thread

April 1st to April 15th
Submit your nominees for the selected categories
Submit your nominations, as well as your reasons why, to me via Private Message

April 15th to April 29th
Vote for your favourite choice
Voting is done by sending me your choices via Private Mesage

Like the previous 2 years, voting will follow the preferential ballot system, which I will explain below in the spoiler-tags.

All votes received and any other related data will be shared with two other members of the forum for cross-examination.

Have fun!

Discaimer: I did not copy and paste Seriously Though's post from last year and change words. No shame in what I didn't do.

Here is the updated list of nominees! 

Best Trivia Submission [Pretty self explanatory] - 
CLXcool (posting animation related gaming trivia(e.g Cuphead, Disney licensed games etc))
Psychospacecow
Mass Distraction
ZpaceJ0ck0 (Street Fighter: The Movie), ([/url]https://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/11930/), (https://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/11884/), (https://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/11987/), (Art of Fighting 2)

Best original content maker [Anyone make some good music or photography, or some art you particularly enjoyed?] - 
Hexadecimal (Really enjoyed her art especially for someone who doesn't draw much and it's been improving)
Psychospacecow
CLXcool
tatochypz (for his dope doodles)
Arjahn (for that breathtaking short film about a UFO Taking a dump)
SERIOUSLY THOUGH (for more interactive adventure goodies) 

Newscaster [The person who keeps us abreast of world affairs, or gaming news] - 
ZpaceJ0ck0
Psychospacecow

Best Newcomer [Best person to have joined since VGFA 2017] - 
Antagonist (comebacks count in my miiiiind)

Showcaser [Who has the damn best collection !] -
Hexadecimal
Vipershark

Best picture [Who snapped a Pulitzer-worthy photograph this year ?] - 
Arjahn (cuz he took more photos this year than he has in the previous ~20)
SERIOUSLY THOUGH (for the rollercoaster of emotions)

Most Generous [For the person for whom thanking is an altruistic compulsion] - 
ZpaceJ0ck0
Psychospacecow

Gamemaster's Award Get Some Sleep, Man [For the longest time spent online] - 
Gamemaster1991 ! Even if he's hardly ever around.
ZpaceJ0ck0

King of the Forums [I can't remember if SERIOUSLY THOUGH or Petie wears the imaginary crown, and at this point I'm afraid to ask] -
Petie
SERIOUSLY THOUGH
Arjahn (for the dethrone points),
Psychospacecow (he holds this sh!+ together)
Kakariko Kid

Lord of the Forums [The never-ending battle between SERIOUSLY THOUGH and Petie. Who will be victorious?]
Petie
SERIOUSLY THOUGH
tatochypz (because Arjahn wants to see what this kind of immense power will do to him)

Best pet pic [For that really good shot of your moggie, doggo or guino...piggo ?] -
CLXcool
GameMaster1991's new puppy

Weirdest Avatar [Who has the most bizarre avatar ?] -
Furo (that's my spirit animal tbh)
Colossus (for the eternal Christmas Melons),
ZpaceJ0ck0
Arjahn (It's pretty freaky)

Most Majestic Avatar [uhhhh, this is how it was submitted so new category I guess?] - 
SERIOUSLY THOUGH - Obvious Reasons
Petie - Trigun is pretty great, and I love it
Hexadecimal - She changes it a lot of the time, but it's usually something great. I like her current one.
Mass Distraction - I don't even know what it is, but it's pretty rad.

Best day of 2017 [Who has had the best day since last year (probably in the anti-vent thread)] - 
ZpaceJ0ck0
Arjahn (because he was happy this year)
CLXCool (That guy seems to have a lot of trouble in his life, but whenever I see something good happen to him it brings a smile to my face)

Worst luck of 2017 
Colossus (That Gamestop rant angers me, and it's pretty bad luck)
CLXcool

Manliest Day - 
Kakariko Kid

Humanitarian Award [To someone who has been thoughtful to another who was having trouble] - 
The whole bloody forum
Kakariko Kid

Best Dream [Whose night-time wanderings made you think “somn-yum”] -
ZpaceJ0ck0 = Hong Kong shenanigans (hot sauce), Galactus the whale eater (yum!), "one of our menbers have passed away" (rip), sleep paralysis (NOPE!), 
Arjahn for his Sleep Paralysis adventures.

Blowing Some Steam OR A Series of Unfortunate Vents [Best vent !] -  
Colossus [url=https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/post-75039.html#pid75039]https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/post-75039.html#pid75039

The Archaeologist (Monster Reborn Award) [For the user who delves into the past and revives long-forgotten threads] -  
Zpacej0ck0

Best Moderator Award: Hey, they need love too. [Who doesn’t want to get banned ?] - 
Kakariko Kid
SERIOUSLY THOUGH
BumblebeeCody

The "Get Wrecked" Award: If you ever had a bad-ass moment in gaming. [Who scored a triple, or screamed the loudest for their mom to get the camera ?] - 
Kakariko Kid's younger daughter (for getting that Winner Winner Chicken Dinner before him)
Arjahn (for the spider lady Deus Ex glitch and that Pharah dunk)

Jokester Award [The person who makes us often laugh, with jokes or pictures or just through their posts :)] -ZpaceJ0ck0 
Arjahn
SERIOUSLY THOUGH
Psychospacecow
BumblebeeCody
Kakariko Kid

Kick Out The Jams [Best Additions to the Music Thread] - 
CLXcool

Best signature [Self-explanatory] - 
Arjahn
Psychospacecow
Furo - Love me some Metal Slug
Hexadecimal - She changes it a lot, but I really do enjoy the signatures

Biggest fanboy/fangirl/fanzir [Who loves a certain game or series more than Kel loves orange soda?] -ZpaceJ0ck0
CLXcool (over the reveal of Crash Bandicoot's comeback)
Hexadecimal (She's always going on about something, and I love it)

Best user title [You know, that thing below your username] - 
ZpaceJ0ck0 (Doesn't Eat Anything Composed Of Atoms)
Psychospacecow
Arjahn
MassDistraction

Best Dressed [Who is the snappiest, the dapper-chap or the elegant damsel of the forum] - 
CLXcool (funeral duds)
SERIOUSLY THOUGH

Best Guy Who Barely Posts Anything [Who is more quality than quantity] - 
Beware of Cuccos
Arjahn (I find his few posts to be of quality)
Bumblebeecody
A Zombie Riot (he's banned, so...)

Best Non-Gaming Trivia [Usually found in the General Did You Know thread] = 
ZpaceJ0ck0. Diesel: the JoJo ripoff by Antartic Press (https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-38...l#pid70007), The Kamehameha wasn't named after the Hawaiian king (https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-38...l#pid72617), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is named after a song from The Beatles... or is it? (https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-38...l#pid71420), Daryl Davis: the man who negotiated with the KKK (LINK), the richest man in history (https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-38...l#pid70140), the iconic Predator was going to look a lot different (LINK), Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Power! (LINK), the shortest lived presidency (LINK) .

Best History Behind a Username [We all have a reason for having a name. Which one do you find most entertaining or interesting?] - 
ZpaceJ0ck0 (LINK)

Remember, we are again using the Preferential Ballot System, so you'll be voting on your preference of all nominees from favorite to least in each category . For example, if you voted for your favorite Presidents:
1. Barack Obama
2. Donald Trump
3. Richard Nixon
4. ClaudX
5. Hillary Clinton
6. Bernie Sanders
Oh man... is that time of the year again? I still remenber last year's awards like it was yesterday!

Good to see someone has taken upon the mantle. And good luck to those who get nominated!
I'll like to add the "best history behind the username" category.

https://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-20...r+platinum
Not a bad idea. It might be a one time deal for now as not many new members are active in the forums.
A massive thank you to Kakariko for picking up the flame of the VGFA !
This is going to be good.
We're a week in with one week left for category suggestions and discussion!
Can I submit another category?
Sure
(03-28-2018, 02:52 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: [ -> ]Sure

Best non-gaming trivia.
Not that I am desperate for a nomination,but i did not do really anything to get nominated...
I can´t nominate myself of course, that would be against the principle of the awards!

Suggested category:

The weirdest music taste.
Interesting. It depends on one's own definition of weird, but let's do it.
(04-01-2018, 11:25 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. It depends on one's own definition of weird, but let's do it.
Well,I mean it like people who like for ex., an obscre music genre, people who can go from ukulele music to Br00tal Death Metal and...uh... Get it? Probably not. So,that...counts? I really don´t know, but we really need to find a definition.
(04-01-2018, 12:02 PM)The Table Destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2018, 11:25 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. It depends on one's own definition of weird, but let's do it.
Well,I mean it like people who like for ex., an obscre music genre, people who can go from ukulele music to Br00tal Death Metal and...uh... Get it? Probably not. So,that...counts? I really don´t know, but we really need to find a definition.

I get it. I think it'll be interesting to let someone be nominated for swinging genres or for having a taste for a particular genre that someone finds "weird". It's all for fun anyways.

Alright, here are the categories. Remember to send me your nominations (and reasons why you'd like to nominate said individual or a link to the post/thread) via Private Message.

Best Trivia Submission [Pretty self explanatory]

Best Non-Trivia [Usually found in the General Did You Know thread]

Best History Behind a Username [We all have a reason for having a name. Which one do you find most entertaining or interesting?]

Best original content maker [Anyone make some good music or photography, or some art you particularly enjoyed ?]

Newscaster [The person who keeps us abreast of world affairs, or gaming news]

Best Newcomer [Best person to have joined since VGFA 2017]

Showcaser [Who has the damn best collection !]

Best picture [Who snapped a Pulitzer-worthy photograph this year ?]

Most Generous [For the person for whom thanking is an altruistic compulsion]

Gamemaster's Award Get Some Sleep, Man [For the longest time spent online]

King of the Forums [I can't remember if SERIOUSLY THOUGH or Petie wears the imaginary crown, and at this point I'm afraid to ask]

Lord of the Forums [The never-ending battle between SERIOUSLY THOUGH and Petie. Who will be victorious?]

Best pet pic [For that really good shot of your moggie, doggo or guino...piggo ?]

Weirdest Avatar [Who has the most bizarre avatare ?]

Best day of 2017 [Who has had the best day since last year (probably in the anti-vent thread)]

Worse luck of 2017

Manliest Day

Humanitarian Award [To someone who has been thoughtful to another who was having trouble]

Best Dream [Whose night-time wanderings made you think “somn-yum”]

Blowing Some Steam OR A Series of Unfortunate Vents [Best vent !]

The Archaeologist (Monster Reborn Award) [For the user who delves into the past and revives long-forgotten threads]

Best Moderator Award: Hey, they need love too. [Who doesn’t want to get banned ?]

The "Get Wrecked" Award: If you ever had a bad-ass moment in gaming. [Who scored a triple, or screamed the loudest for their mom to get the camera ?]

Jokester Award [The person who makes us often laugh, with jokes or pictures or just through their posts :)]

Kick Out The Jams [Best Additions to the Music Thread]

Weirdest Taste in Music [Did someone find an interesting genre or do you like how ranged in genres some people are?]

Best signature [Self-explanatory]

Biggest fanboy/fangirl/fanzir [Who loves a certain game or series more than Kel loves orange soda?]

Best user title [You know, that thing below your username]

Best Dressed [Who is the snappiest, the dapper-chap or the elegant damsel of the forum]

Best Guy Who Barely Posts Anything [Who is more quality than quantity]
New category! I know it's almost a week late. If there are any objections, I will edit your post and change your words to encouragement and support!

Best Site Staff Named PsychoSpaceCow!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8