VGFacts

Full Version: What is animal crossing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are some Nintendo franchises that I'm familiar about and some that I'm not and animal crossing is one of those that I haven't thought for a long time.

Now I'm planning to get animal crossing new leaf just to get the idea of the game. But here are some few questions in mind.

1. Do I need to get the other animal crossing games just so I can get the idea of this one? Or are they all the same thing except with new features?

2.Is the story the same thing in new leaf as well? or is there any story in this one that might want me to get the other games?

3.Do I need to play multiplayer to enjoy the whole of this game? Is it solely for single player?

4.As a person who only plays single player alone, is the game worth for me?

I just want to be sure if I can get animal crossing new leaf. I know its about making your house better and all but still... is it worth it?
1. You'll be fine w/o old
2. Its home improvement town edition
3. No, but people are fun.
4. Usually are, haven't played Leaf.
We have an AC thread for this, but I have no problem answering this.

http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=520

1. You don't need the other games. That being said, Nintendo did better with this game and didn't make it feel like the same with a little extra features. They added many things and truly enhanced the game compared to all others.

2. There's no real story in this game. The characters and such are charming, but the whole thing is you basically move into a town, become mayor out of confusion, and then do as you please.

3. While the first game was advertised as a game that's best when you have your friends, you can purely enjoy this by yourself and don't need anyone else. It does still offer an amusing way to play and interact with others players though if you do choose to do so.

4. If you're fine with this sort of casual/relaxing sort of game and are fine with games like Harvest Moon/The Sims/Etc, then you should be perfectly fine.

Is it worth it? Well, it's my favorite 3DS game for a reason.
Well it's a game....I'll leave now.
For sure get this one. I bought the one for the Game Cube and got bored of it super fast because there's really nothing to do in it. There's quite a lot to keep you entertained in New Leaf so it's well worth a purchase.