VGFacts

Full Version: Award Thread 2014!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
So, the idea had been thrown around in the chit chat thread (I believe), but I figured, "Hey, let's do this official!"

The 2013 VGFacts forums awards, aka, The Facties.

Technical bits.
I see this as a three step process.

First, creating the awards. Way I see it is that we need to come up with several awards to begin. Discussion for which awards will be awarded should end by August 15, 2013, 9 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. After we have a list of possible awards, we need to vote WHAT should/shouldn't be an award. So, I'll tally a list of awards. Simply quote that list, and SEND ME A PM of your choices in a yes/no format.
Ex:
Beautiful Bastard Award - Yes
Wackiest Vent - No
Most Amazing Pets - YES YES YES YES

I will tally up all the results and publicly announce those on August 24, 2013. Then, after we know which awards are available, we will begin nomination process.

Nomination:
So, to start our nominations, you simply nominate people. That's it. How it will work. I will open a Nomination thread on August 24, 2013. Post simply who you nominate for each award in the thread as a reply. You can nominate two people per award. You can nominate yourself. You may NOT nominate a single person for the same award twice. Nominations end August 31, 2013.
Ex:
Right
Beautiful Bastard Award: CosmykTheDolfyn, PsychoSpaceCow
Wrong:
Most Amazing Pets: Hexadecimal, Hexadecimal

Once a person gets a nomination, they are in the running for the award. That plain and simple.

HOWEVER, you can only nominate people who STILL have a presence on the forums when you submit the nomination. The person you nominate must have 50 or more posts.

Awarding The Awards for the Awardees.
After nominations, voting process begins. A voting thread will be opened on September 2, 2013A public vote (where any user can vote) will open, along with a 5 member panel of judges. (Taking applications for those judges, btw). Here's the system: You don't just judge who wins, you rank everyone, 1-however many nominees. (Another thread with all nominees listed will be created). Ex:
Best GIFFer
1: Arjhan
2:CosmykTheDolfyn
3: Hexadecimal
4: SERIOUSLY THOUGH
You get whoever many points you get, based on rank. Lower=better. Average is taken of public, which counts for 50% of vote. Average is taken of judges, which is 50% of vote. Those two values combined, to create ultra mega super duper average. Lowest value wins award. Also, those judges are responsible for counting and tallying it all, btw.

Voting ends a Sep. 11. Sep 13, winners are announced. A mega epic Skype session may be used...

Discuss and create award ideas.
Oh yeah, I remember throwing this idea round in there. I still think it's a great idea, though you think maybe we should wait until the forum has had its one year anniversary? Not to put the idea down or anything, but I think that's the best time to have it.
Good idea. But, if we get something set up now, it will still be in place.
I suggest most impressive collection, most amazing insane bovine, smallest grump, and silliest.
You must have put a lot of time into this. I suggest the Best Looking Award and the Best Tattoo Award.
I suggest the Greatest Ninja Award and Most Birthday Wishes Award. I feel their is a lot of competition for these two.
(08-08-2013, 07:13 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea. But, if we get something set up now, it will still be in place.

Early preparation is always good~
Hopefully this thread doesn't.... you know.....Dies.
Krang suggests the allocation of Krang honoring Krang awards to the benefit of Krang for Krang kind for it benefits Krang and Krang's leader Krang.
Let's see, I'll make sure to create The Most Compulsive Thanker award to most likely give an award to PsychoSpaceCow...

And, if I was a mod, I could pin this so it wouldn't be as likely to die...

Ya know, hint hint, wink wink. I'd take pink name or pinned thread , whatever is easier...
I'd like to nominate Arjahn for the narcissism award, mhmm hmm hmm.
(08-08-2013, 09:11 PM)Arjahn Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to nominate Arjahn for the narcissism award, mhmm hmm hmm.

I second that nomination.

Maybe have one not decided by vote but by number of submissions to the site.

and one for creative works, like Darknerd and Seriously's stuff.
(08-08-2013, 09:15 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2013, 09:11 PM)Arjahn Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to nominate Arjahn for the narcissism award, mhmm hmm hmm.

I second that nomination.

Maybe have one not decided by vote but by number of submissions to the site.

and one for creative works, like Darknerd and Seriously's stuff.

Except for the narcissism award, that one only gets one vote, from me, because my vote is so much more important than all of yours MHHHM HMMM HMMMMM.
Most Unposted Threads Award[Image: GLFWgD1.png]:

[Image: wYkYqsT.png]
Best Avatar
Best Signature
Best Trivia Submission(s)
The Topic Setter (you know, for best topics'n' shizz)
Best Thank-to-Post Ratio
Most Reputable
Best Addition to the Cuccos Lore, The "Beware of Cuccos" Award
The Poster of a Lifetime Award
News Anchor (for gaming news posted)
Get Some Sleep, Man! (for those who seem to be always online)

Hows about those for awards, eh?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14