VGFacts

Full Version: No source?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellow... comrades(yes, that will do)!

I kinda found an easter egg on a game some time ago, and I submitted it to VGFacts some days ago... The only thing is, I did not know of a source.

Let me explain myself there; when I submitted it, I did not claim to have been the one that first discovered the easter egg, but I found it myself... So I had no source.
I tried to look for some site that talked about it, but the game is 12 years old(Settlers IV), had a very region-specific fanbase back in the day, and most of it(and websites dedicated to the game) have died...

So, I quickly posted it on my blog, and linked it as a source...

So, my question was if that is actually okay(given the fact that I could not find any mention of the easter egg on da webs), or if that isn't the case, what I should do if I want to submit some trivia again of that series(which I intend to do).

Greeting, and thanks for taking your time to read this!
I'm not going to say Yey or Nay for the.... hosts? (I think that's the right word), but it may be good if you were able to show the fact off. Anyone can go on to a blog and say "Hey, I found Luigi in Super Mario 64 but you need to blah blah blah." Basically it comes down to the old phrase "Pics or it didn't happen" (Man I hate that phrase). Pictures are good but I think they would like video or a real site to show it off.

I was adding my two cents in, but it really comes down to the head people to say what counts as a good source.
Yeah, I posted a pic of it...

It's actually not hard to find either; in the game you can build some statues, and one of them was a reference to the first game(a knight featured on the original boxart), so I thought that a picture would be enough(as a video of me building tall the buildings and gathering all the ressources to be able to build the statue would just be tedious and boring).

Here's the pic:
[Image: 1gli8k.png]
(08-10-2013, 02:36 PM)Slax_Vice86 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I posted a pic of it...

It's actually not hard to find either; in the game you can build some statues, and one of them was a reference to the first game(a knight featured on the original boxart).

Here's the pic:
[Image: 1gli8k.png]

That should work.
Okay... So, as long as I can present enough evidence(my interior Phoenix Wright is speking here), and something like this happens, it should be okay...
Right, thanks! :)