VGFacts

Full Version: The box art of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX and Game of Thrones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I first saw the box art for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX, I was surprised to see a clear reference (or parody) to the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire series.

As there was no trivia regarding so, I decided to find evidence, but to my surprise, there was none, so I will use this post as evidence.

Here is the box art for KH 1.5 ReMIX:

[Image: kingdom_hearts_hd_1_5_remix_6.jpg]

And here is a picture of
on the Iron Throne from the TV series:

The similarities are obvious; both thrones are made of black swords (or Keyblades) and both images display a young aged boy wearing a crown.

The trivia would be something like "The box art for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX is a reference to the popular TV series "Game of Thrones" and the series of books "Song of Ice and Fire", as it depicts Sora wearing a crown and sitting on a throne of melted keys that is very similar to the Iron Throne".
Not sure how much I could say that this is true, but I can see key similarities. However, the artwork is likely based on this original piece of concept/promotional art for the original game;
[Image: Kh-throne.jpg]

Just altered to be less... angry.
(10-08-2013, 02:33 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how much I could say that this is true, but I can see key similarities. However, the artwork is likely based on this original piece of concept/promotional art for the original game;
[Image: Kh-throne.jpg]

Just altered to be less... angry.

I see your point there, I would say that both the artwork and the series could have influenced the box art. I don't see the statements incompatible with each other, do you?

There is no irrefutable proof about the influence of Game of Thrones, but the similarities are there and they are pretty strong.
I'm struggling to see any resemblance to Game of Thrones. If it were intended as a reference, the entire chair would be made form keys rather than just decorative key heads placed at the back.
Meh, I totally see it. But without any evidence, it's hard to say for sure.