VGFacts
Youtube but not the videos - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Youtube but not the videos (/thread-1067.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Youtube but not the videos - gamemaster1991 - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 10:35 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Anyone on here having trouble with their history pages on youtube? Some of the videos that I watch aren't showing up, and the 'load more' button isn't working.

Yeah that's been happening for a few months now. Thought it was just me, so I didn't bring it up.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - CLXcool - 08-29-2014

(08-29-2014, 11:24 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(08-29-2014, 10:35 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Anyone on here having trouble with their history pages on youtube? Some of the videos that I watch aren't showing up, and the 'load more' button isn't working.

Yeah that's been happening for a few months now. Thought it was just me, so I didn't bring it up.
Hate to burst your bubble man, but it ain't just you. Its happening to everyone. I guess there's a glitch in youtube's database on the history buttons on every single channel. I'm not going to make a joke about the big history eraser button, because that would be too easy to describe this latest mess from Youtube's behalf.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Mass Distraction - 08-30-2014

I hate how the PS3 YouTube only shows a certain amount of your subscriptions and there's no way to get to the rest of the list.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Arjahn - 01-16-2015

Youtube really needs to add a never recommend me another f*cking minecraft video again button. 

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Mass Distraction - 01-17-2015

But that's what all gamers watch, regardless of preferences. Hours upon hours of kids playing Minecraft. It's a true fact found by the google video recommendation service.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Beware of Cuccos - 01-17-2015

I watch Minecraft videos, and I think the amount they recommend is overwhelming.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Psychospacecow - 01-17-2015

Amazon does the same thing. I look up Funco once, and suddenly it thinks I want their entire DBZ collection.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - gamemaster1991 - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 12:07 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Amazon does the same thing. I look up Funco once, and suddenly it thinks I want their entire DBZ collection.

It also thinks that every gift you buy is something that YOU want. No Amazon I do not want The Elmo movie just becuse I bought my neice an Elmo doll.

But back on topic, I like the change that the time window is no longer there for the whole video. I'm not sure if that was always there and I just noticed it today, but it's cool.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - retrolinkx - 01-17-2015

It's been about a year and a bit and I'm still not connected to Google Plus.

I honestly just use Youtube to listen to music these days. I used to do a lot more but fuck it, they've taken away my ability to comment so doing anything fun has just gone away.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Melcadrien - 01-18-2015

I'm connected to it unfortunately.

If they could remove it that would be cool. But we would have to deal with a new slew of problems afterwards.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Mass Distraction - 01-18-2015

What the dicks is wrong with the playlist system? They have shuffle and repeat but no "reverse playlist" button. How often have you ever felt the need to shuffle a playlist or to put it on repeat? It might work with music but that's literally the only use for those buttons that I can think of. Even still, the amount of music playlists where those buttons prove useful is rather small. Now, what would be useful is that "reverse playlist" button since quite often playlists start with the last video in a series. Or at least that's what I've encountered soooooo many times. Is it really that hard to just add that button?

As an upside to everything crap google has done, at least now you can pick a video from a playlist and watch that singe video without the whole playlist starting up.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - CLXcool - 01-19-2015

They screwed up the playlist settings. Without even letting us know(ain't that a surprise). Whats with the idiots who are running youtube anyway?

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Takahashi2212 - 01-19-2015

(01-18-2015, 01:38 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: since quite often playlists start with the last video in a series. Or at least that's what I've encountered soooooo many times. 

This is because google f*cked the playlist system. For example, before if I put video 1 in the playlist, and then video 2, video 1 would be first, and video 2 would be second. Makes sense, right? Now, if I did the same thing, Video 2 becomes first, and Video 1 would be second, so in order to get the videos in order, you'd have to add them into the playlist backwards (starting with the last video).

Why is the Subscriptions bar thing default setting "Most Relevant?" I don't need this bar to tell me when a Youtuber uploads a video, I have a Subscription Feed for that. But, no this list thinks it's important to notify me whenever a Youtuber farts, and puts them higher on the list. Only now did I discover that there is an A-Z option it's buried a menu that I didn't find until like 6 months later. Also, why remove the option to search through my subscriptions? It such a convenient thing as I now didn't have to search through Youtube's search engine just to get to a channel I wanted.

Sorry if this got kind of ranty, it's just that really bothered me. Why remove features?!

RE: Youtube but not the videos - Mass Distraction - 01-20-2015

(01-19-2015, 03:16 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: Why remove features?!

Because they want to be Facebook.

RE: Youtube but not the videos - gamemaster1991 - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 11:27 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(01-19-2015, 03:16 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: Why remove features?!

Because they want to be Facebook.

But Facebook has more features then they do.