VGFacts
Snow. - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Snow. (/thread-1074.html)

Pages: 1 2

Snow. - retrolinkx - 11-08-2013

We're getting to that time when we get the white stuff on the ground. No I'm not talking about your horrible sexual experiences, I'm talking about Snow.

Has anyone gotten any Snow this year? America gets it like crazy, it hasn't been around the snowy temperature over here in England, but we're getting there. Seems like we're going down a degree a week in terms of average temperature.

I love snow, especially walking through it at night, a nice breeze, nothing other that the sounds of snow crunching beneath your feet. It's very comfy, and when you listen to some nice comfy tunes, it's even better.

What about you guys, we love it when we were young, but now some of us have to walk through it to get to work, we slip and hurt ourselves on the ice, and the aftermath of the black icy slush is always awful.

RE: Snow. - Psychospacecow - 11-08-2013

It usually snows once around here every 4-6 years. It hasn't happened so far and I doubt it will.

RE: Snow. - Hexadecimal - 11-08-2013

Here in Minnesota we already got a light dusting that didn't last.

That being said, we're pretty notorious for our winters, so I kind of dread it. Cold weather I can deal with just fine; not just the slush, ice, and white outs.

RE: Snow. - MexicanAnime - 11-08-2013

I live in Houston. That's all I need to say.

RE: Snow. - JiraiyaSennin - 11-08-2013

Well it's definitely cold enough to snow where I live, but it probably won't snow for a bit.

RE: Snow. - GameWizard001 - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 09:21 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Here in Minnesota we already got a light dusting that didn't last.

That being said, we're pretty notorious for our winters, so I kind of dread it. Cold weather I can deal with just fine; not just the slush, ice, and white outs.

Especially last winter where it was Winter with Bipolar disorder. One minute it looked like it was going away the next it said "Screw it, I'm staying....now I'm leaving. Know what, I'm leaving my bags here incase I need to come back." Which it did.

It was like Groundhogs day only less funny and more Cabin Fever instead.

RE: Snow. - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-09-2013

(11-08-2013, 08:43 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I love snow, especially walking through it at night, a nice breeze, nothing other that the sounds of snow crunching beneath your feet. It's very comfy, and when you listen to some nice comfy tunes, it's even better.

This, so much.

Here in the Alps, we've had a bit of snow at about 1,300m. It should get lower and lower as the days go by. Sometimes we will have had snow by now, sometimes it takes more time.

When I return to Ottawa in January, I expect there'll already be about 5 feet of snow -= can't wait :D

RE: Snow. - tigerlily - 11-09-2013

I love snow when I don't have to go anywhere or do anything.

Unfortunately this is almost never true anymore, as there's always something to do. Last year in the snow I got the bus into work rather than drive. Coz then at least if we crashed, I didn't wreck my car in the process.
I also got my car stuck in a drift on the driveway of the stables where Sierra is.
This year I would have loved to have already been able to afford a 4x4 to help, but will have to wait a couple years probably for that!

RE: Snow. - Mass Distraction - 11-09-2013

We had some about a month ago, then it went away. Now it has just been raining and the weather is generally depressing. I don't think I've seen the sun in weeks, apart from the about 5 minutes yesterday.

In any case, I do live in Finland so at some point that 5 feet is only to be expected.

RE: Snow. - frankfrost2 - 11-09-2013

Nope.
Not yet, but theres supposed to be some sort of snow storm next week. Maybe ill even get a day off of school, who knows?

RE: Snow. - CosmykTheDolfyn - 11-12-2013

First snow fell for where I live last night. Not very much of anything, and none actually stuck on the roads. Daggon it, too early in the year to be this cold and snow. But it sure does look pretty.

RE: Snow. - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-12-2013

(11-12-2013, 07:52 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: First snow fell for where I live last night. Not very much of anything, and none actually stuck on the roads. Daggon it, too early in the year to be this cold and snow. But it sure does look pretty.

It always looks pretty until you have to deal with it. Then it can get ugly :)

The mountains around me have snow at their peaks. Hopefully it'll creep down soon, but not too soon, I want to film on dry ground.

RE: Snow. - frankfrost2 - 11-12-2013

Got some snow here this morning, just some flurry's though :(

RE: Snow. - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-20-2013

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

[Image: t9Plfrj.jpg]

Hmmm... there might now be a tiny continuity error in my lovely project.

RE: Snow. - GameWizard001 - 11-22-2013

When ever I think of snow and winter I think of this:
[Image: narniacard1.jpg]

When in reality it always ends up like this:
[Image: winter_is_coming_game_of_thrones-1920x1080.jpg]