VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 12-25-2013

Saw Saving Mr. Banks today with my mom and uncle. I really loved it, but it hit way too close to home for them. Part of the movie deals with a drunk dad driving his family into the ground along with the death of a parent, which hit too close to home.

Personally I don't let movies get to me, even if they do match up too much with my life, but I feel really bad about how it upset them. I was just fascinated by how much this women really treasured her creation and refused to let Mary Poppins be tarnished. Too bad it's all about the money for most studios... I'm sick of characters I love be tarnished. I flipped my shit when I saw what was done to Captain Haddock for the Tintin movie and I'm scared to death about what Waterman Entertainment will do with The Brave Little Toaster. Rumor has it the Radio is going to be replaced with an iPhone.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 12-25-2013

(12-25-2013, 11:32 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Saw Saving Mr. Banks today with my mom and uncle. I really loved it, but it hit way too close to home for them. Part of the movie deals with a drunk dad driving his family into the ground along with the death of a parent, which hit too close to home.

Personally I don't let movies get to me, even if they do match up too much with my life, but I feel really bad about how it upset them. I was just fascinated by how much this women really treasured her creation and refused to let Mary Poppins be tarnished. Too bad it's all about the money for most studios... I'm sick of characters I love be tarnished. I flipped my shit when I saw what was done to Captain Haddock for the Tintin movie and I'm scared to death about what Waterman Entertainment will do with The Brave Little Toaster. Rumor has it the Radio is going to be replaced with an iPhone.

I pray that Brave Little Toaster will sit on the back burner long enough that they just let it die.

I mean one of the main things about the film was the sense that those appliances not only don't have their master but that he may have replaced them. Keeping Radio the same retro look makes way more sense, and his fear being replaced by an iPhone but the movie reveals that their master wants the old nostalgic feel of an old radio, toaster, blanket, vacuum, etc.

I'm even more scared of who/whom they will have voice the characters. Especially Kirby since his original actor passed away. They can still get Jon Lovitz to play Radio at least, he is still alive. But Air Conditioner is another voice to try and recast since Phil Hartman is gone too.

My only solace is that regardless of if (or most likely when) they fuck it up, we'll still have the original film. They can't ever fuck that up at least.

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 01-03-2014

I had an idea for a movie where a guy starts a bizarre cult in an attempt to extort money out of idiots, but then he discovers that he actually stumbled upon the one true religion and has no idea what to do.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 05:59 PM)Arjahn Wrote: I had an idea for a movie where a guy starts a bizarre cult in an attempt to extort money out of idiots, but then he discovers that he actually stumbled upon the one true religion and has no idea what to do.

So a story "based on a true story" that may or may not happen?

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 05:59 PM)Arjahn Wrote: I had an idea for a movie where a guy starts a bizarre cult in an attempt to extort money out of idiots, but then he discovers that he actually stumbled upon the one true religion and has no idea what to do.

The God's name should be Brothulu.

That'd be all kinds of controversial if movies weren't generally recognized as all encompassing slander.

RE: At the Movies! - frankfrost2 - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 07:18 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

That'd be all kinds of controversial if movies weren't generally recognized as all encompassing slander.

The protagonist should speak to Brothulu.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 01-04-2014

(01-03-2014, 11:16 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

and Brothulu should speak pig latin with a Jamaican accent.

RE: At the Movies! - frankfrost2 - 01-04-2014

(01-04-2014, 12:34 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 11:16 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

and Brothulu should speak pig latin with a Jamaican accent.

And the protagonist should speak in a Russian accent when speaking to Brothulu.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 01-04-2014

You guys are almost starting to sound like the BroTeam forums. That's not a good sign.

(01-04-2014, 07:26 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: You guys are almost starting to sound like the BroTeam forums. That's not a good sign.

I was just picturing a lot of "bro" types joining a cult because it sounded like what they call each other.

Also, I was gonna watch a trigun movie on Netflix with my dad but it was Japanese with subtitles. );

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 01-04-2014

(01-04-2014, 08:45 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 07:26 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: You guys are almost starting to sound like the BroTeam forums. That's not a good sign.

I was just picturing a lot of "bro" types joining a cult because it sounded like what they call each other.

Yes, that is essentially the site in a nutshell. I find it really amusing.

Just replace Brothulhu with Shrek. Lots of Shrek.

(01-04-2014, 08:47 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

Looks like we got a movie!

RE: At the Movies! - frankfrost2 - 01-04-2014

(01-04-2014, 08:50 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

Who should produce it for us?

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 01-05-2014

(01-04-2014, 10:36 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 08:50 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

Who should produce it for us?
Who directed Shrek 3? Not him.

RE: At the Movies! - pAroxizm - 02-01-2014

I looked Class of 1999, terrible movie but damn fun.

I was curious about the prequel "Class 1984" and this one was clearly different, a very good movie.