VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-01-2014

Whats does everyone think about The Monuments Men? It looks pretty cool. Then again, I'm into films that take place during WWII.

RE: At the Movies! - Wastelander - 02-02-2014

Saw R.I.P.D. yesterday. It's a great movie. Nothing substantial, but it gets the job done in terms of entertaining me.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 02-03-2014

Uggghghghgh...

Someone selling a cel from All Dogs go to Heaven that features part of the nightmare/hell scene that got cut. It's only in decent condition but the seller want $275 for it. I only want it since it is a rare look into censored material but not for that price! Heck, I don't even think I'd pay half.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-03-2014

I know that Don Bluth had a uncensored version of All Dogs Go to heaven that had everything that was cut out from the final product(from the original nightmare sequence, Carface's gun shooting actual bullets instead of lasers, and even showing Charlie getting killed off on screen from the car). Except someone stole it and its said to be lost forever.

You got an image of that cel Hex?

(02-03-2014, 09:00 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I know that Don Bluth had a uncensored version of All Dogs Go to heaven that had everything that was cut out from the final product(from the original nightmare sequence, Carface's gun shooting actual bullets instead of lasers, and even showing Charlie getting killed off on screen from the car). Except someone stole it and its said to be lost forever.

I just have a hard time believing that there was only ONE copy of the movie uncensored.

Yeah, I do; it's not all the different from one I posted before. This one just doesn't have the boat.

[Image: febmis32.jpg]

This demon thing had a much longer scene where he actually spoke to and then chased Charlie.

I love how he was considered to be too spooky to get screen time but everyone was fine with this horrible thing:

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-03-2014

(02-03-2014, 09:06 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:00 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I know that Don Bluth had a uncensored version of All Dogs Go to heaven that had everything that was cut out from the final product(from the original nightmare sequence, Carface's gun shooting actual bullets instead of lasers, and even showing Charlie getting killed off on screen from the car). Except someone stole it and its said to be lost forever.

I just have a hard time believing that there was only ONE copy of the movie uncensored.

Yeah, I do; it's not all the different from one I posted before. This one just doesn't have the boat.

[Image: febmis32.jpg]

This demon thing had a much longer scene where he actually spoke to and then chased Charlie.

I love how he was considered to be too spooky to get screen time but everyone was fine with this horrible thing:

Yeah. I do find it hard to believe that Don only had one copy of the film. Every now and then an 'lost' film gets discovered(depending on where it is of course). So chances are the only uncensored cut of All Dogs still exists, but is somewhere in this world hidden away.

Gary Goldman stated once that some of the executives at MGM didn't like the idea of the demon thing talking to Charlie. The giant mouse of minsk scene only got in there since both Gary and Don had the approval of Steven Spielberg to get in the film.

Haven't seen Rock-a-Doodle in forever, but to be honest, I didn't like it much. Doesn't surprise me there were cut scenes there either:

[Image: rockadeleted.jpg]

Here the main owl villain is getting ready to bake a baby skunk into a pie. This was cut when someone from a test audience alerted Bluth to the fact that many cases of child abuse occur in the kitchen, or with objects from there, so he thought it would be in bad taste to leave it in.

RE: At the Movies! - Wastelander - 02-04-2014

Saw White House Down. It's Roland Emmerich at his best. It brings the spectacle, it brings the fun and a lot of recognizable actors. Where Olympus Has Fallen was a serious action movie, this one aims to be more The Fast and the Furious than anything else. And that's what I like about it. Though, I do say that I enjoy Olympus more.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-04-2014

(02-03-2014, 11:27 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Haven't seen Rock-a-Doodle in forever, but to be honest, I didn't like it much. Doesn't surprise me there were cut scenes there either:

Here the main owl villain is getting ready to bake a baby skunk into a pie. This was cut when someone from a test audience alerted Bluth to the fact that many cases of child abuse occur in the kitchen, or with objects from there, so he thought it would be in bad taste to leave it in.

Rock-a-doodle was one of those movies that you'd love as a kid, but when you revisit it again as a grown up it has its flaws. One of my complaints with the movie was Edmund. He was just annoying as hell. The story that it was originally based off of started off at Disney. Except Disney backed on on doing it. Concept art of it can be seen in the art book 'The Disney that Never was'.

The stunk scene wasn't the only thing that the test audiences didn't like. Originally. The character goldie was designed similar to Jessica rabbit, but the test audience ''asked''(how I pity the poor choices that these saps make) Bluth to cover up the cleavage. And I question why Bluth didn't bother to make animated features similar to Ralph Bakshi's works after finishing Land before time. He might have had a better career doing stuff like Dragon's Lair and Space ace if even give the thought of it.

RE: At the Movies! - RepentantSky - 02-04-2014

In the theme of animation, is anyone looking forward to the two new ones we get this month in "The Lego Movie" and "The Wind Rises" or is it just me? I really want to see both of them.

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 02-05-2014

The Lego Movie for sure. I grew up with Lego castles, dragons, knights, etc. I was into medieval stuff.

RE: At the Movies! - Zaliphone - 02-08-2014

I just watched the Max Payne movie. It was pretty bad until it got to the slow motion and shooting, of which there was little. As much as I went in knowing about the movie, it still left me angry. I feel like the writers just took some loose story aspects and character names, threw them in a blender, added CGI, and called it a day. A Max Payne movie is definitely something that could have been done better, and is something I'd love to see be done better.

RE: At the Movies! - Wastelander - 02-11-2014

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114729

Jingle All The Way 2 is starting production this March. Make of that what you will.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 02-13-2014

(02-04-2014, 11:23 AM)CLXcool Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 11:27 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Haven't seen Rock-a-Doodle in forever, but to be honest, I didn't like it much. Doesn't surprise me there were cut scenes there either:

Rock-a-doodle was one of those movies that you'd love as a kid, but when you revisit it again as a grown up it has its flaws. One of my complaints with the movie was Edmund. He was just annoying as hell. The story that it was originally based off of started off at Disney. Except Disney backed on on doing it. Concept art of it can be seen in the art book 'The Disney that Never was'.

The stunk scene wasn't the only thing that the test audiences didn't like. Originally. The character goldie was designed similar to Jessica rabbit, but the test audience ''asked''(how I pity the poor choices that these saps make) Bluth to cover up the cleavage. And I question why Bluth didn't bother to make animated features similar to Ralph Bakshi's works after finishing Land before time. He might have had a better career doing stuff like Dragon's Lair and Space ace if even give the thought of it.

I agree, this was one of those movies I loved as a kid along side Brave Little Toaster. But then I watch it as an adult and yes I hate Edmund as a character or I should say I hate the kid playing Edmund. He is way too annoying but I suppose back then really good child actors were really hard to come by. Now really wonderful child actors/young adult actors are cropping up everywhere (Game of Thrones prime example) but during the late 80'-early 90's kid stars were everywhere but awful.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-13-2014

It wasn't just the kid that was playing Edmund that was the flaw, it was the character itself. I wouldn't be surprised if Bluth had stated in later interviews after finishing Rock-a-doodle he disliked working with the kid who played as Edmund. Good child acting was hard to come back in those days.

As for Jingle all the Way 2, I think I'm gonna pass on that since I didn't like the first one to begin with.