VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 02-15-2014

I watched the movie Orphan on TV. That's the way I watch horror movies now since I get tired of paying to watch pretty much the same story with different characters. It all devolves into someone killing and people running in the end.

Thing is, they made the "twist" too obvious. As soon as Esther didn't want to go to the dentist I put two and two together. Considering I was couch bound due to stomach pains it wasn't a bad way to pass the time and it got my mind off of it.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-15-2014

I was gonna see The Robocop remake today, but I later backed out on it after hearing that a friend of mine who saw it didn't think it was good. Looking at it now. Its got a hit and miss among people who have seen the original Robocop. Maybe if they made it as an R rated remake instead of a Pg13 rated remake you'd get a better result from movie goers. Honestly. Who was the idiot that approved to make a remake of an R rated film into a Pg13 rated film?

When Frank Miller calls me and says he wants to watch the original Robocop. I'll buy that for a dollar.

RE: At the Movies! - Zaliphone - 02-16-2014

(02-15-2014, 06:15 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I was gonna see The Robocop remake today, but I later backed out on it after hearing that a friend of mine who saw it didn't think it was good. Looking at it now. Its got a hit and miss among people who have seen the original Robocop. Maybe if they made it as an R rated remake instead of a Pg13 rated remake you'd get a better result from movie goers. Honestly. Who was the idiot that approved to make a remake of an R rated film into a Pg13 rated film?

When Frank Miller calls me and says he wants to watch the original Robocop. I'll buy that for a dollar.

This might be irrelevant, but on my first day of recovery from my surgery the first two sentences I said were, "Where are my glasses?" and "When can I watch Robocop?"
So of course, my mom says "You can watch it now" and puts in the DVD, but I was on some serious painkillers and practically going in and out of consciousness while watching it.
I remember then the next day I told my mom, "I don't remember watching Robocop, can we watch it again?" and she said yes. And then I slept through it. I ended up just waiting until I got home to watch it.

This also happened with Hot Fuzz.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 02-16-2014

I just want to remind everyone that this movie exists and you need to either watch it or see it again.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 02-16-2014

^I remember watching that briefly as a kid when my mom would drop me and my brother off at a babysitter's house for the day while she was at work, but I was probably between 4 and 6 when I watched it so some of it is a blur in my mind.

Same babysitter also had Short Circuit 1 & 2 which was ones I remembered far better than this one.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 10:22 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: ^I remember watching that briefly as a kid when my mom would drop me and my brother off at a babysitter's house for the day while she was at work, but I was probably between 4 and 6 when I watched it so some of it is a blur in my mind.

Same babysitter also had Short Circuit 1 & 2 which was ones I remembered far better than this one.

The Short Circuit movies actually used to air a lot when we were kids; I only know about Batteries not Included because of my mother. I don't think that was ever on TV and she even had a hard time finding a place to rent it. I bought it dirt cheap on Amazon awhile back and it's such a charming movie.

I'm glad that the Short Circuit remake fell through, but at the same time I wish there was a way to put it back in the spotlight again. I still think Johnny 5 held up very well over time and he doesn't seem horribly dated when I watch the movies again now.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 10:26 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 10:22 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: ^I remember watching that briefly as a kid when my mom would drop me and my brother off at a babysitter's house for the day while she was at work, but I was probably between 4 and 6 when I watched it so some of it is a blur in my mind.

The Short Circuit movies actually used to air a lot when we were kids; I only know about Batteries not Included because of my mother. I don't think that was ever on TV and she even had a hard time finding a place to rent it. I bought it dirt cheap on Amazon awhile back and it's such a charming movie.

I'm glad that the Short Circuit remake fell through, but at the same time I wish there was a way to put it back in the spotlight again. I still think Johnny 5 held up very well over time and he doesn't seem horribly dated when I watch the movies again now.

Plus animatronic puppets are so much more advanced these days, they could make an updated Johnny 5 without using CGI. Get the Jim Henson company to do it, I guarantee it would be awesome. I mean look what they did with Far Scape and that was late 90's early 2000's:

[Image: The+Way+We+Werent.jpg]

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 10:33 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 10:26 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:

Plus animatronic puppets are so much more advanced these days, they could make an updated Johnny 5 without using CGI. Get the Jim Henson company to do it, I guarantee it would be awesome. I mean look what they did with Far Scape and that was late 90's early 2000's:

[Image: The+Way+We+Werent.jpg]

Pilot, its time to lose an arm!

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 02-22-2014

[Image: post-441-069349400%201291392568.jpg]

Hrrnnnggg...

I guess someone got fed up that there wasn't an actual figure of Johnny 5 and took matters into their own hands, making an unofficial version that was limited to only 100.

To be honest, I'd be willing to pay quite a lot for this if he hadn't done such a poor job. I've seen some photos and he really made quite a few mistakes, plus someone claimed bits on the neck fell off the moment he opened the box.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 02-23-2014

Oh no... Guys, I was wrong. So very wrong. The Short Circuit remake hasn't been cancelled; it's just in development hell right now. It's been passed around from director to director, but hopefully they've scrapped the idea of having Johnny 5 befriend a boy from a broken home because that plot has been done to death.

So far the two rumors I've heard is that Johnny 5's original voice actor will be back and so will the actor who played the Indian guy.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 03-04-2014

So the next Transformers is going to have Marky Mark, Optimus with a sword, and a dinobot. Anyone else sold on this movie?

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 03-05-2014

(02-23-2014, 11:10 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Oh no... Guys, I was wrong. So very wrong. The Short Circuit remake hasn't been cancelled; it's just in development hell right now. It's been passed around from director to director, but hopefully they've scrapped the idea of having Johnny 5 befriend a boy from a broken home because that plot has been done to death.

So far the two rumors I've heard is that Johnny 5's original voice actor will be back and so will the actor who played the Indian guy.

Ironically, the Indian guy wasn't Indian.....he looks like this:
[Image: shortcircuit-Indian-brownface-Ben-Fisher...539825.jpg]

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 03-05-2014

(03-04-2014, 11:52 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: So the next Transformers is going to have Marky Mark, Optimus with a sword, and a dinobot. Anyone else sold on this movie?

Yes. I just hope there's more robot carnage and less human interaction. That's what killed the previous movie for me.

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 03-05-2014

I believe it'll be pretty good. I hated the last one. What got on my nerve the worst about it, was when Sam said that girl broke up with him and now he has a new girlfriend (who obviously is the same person with blonde hair and a different name). I understand webby they got rid of Megan Fox, but they should have played it out better and changed the girl. That was Megan Fox's character with some changes. That movie ruined the trilogy for me.

RE: At the Movies! - RepentantSky - 03-05-2014

(03-04-2014, 11:52 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: So the next Transformers is going to have Marky Mark, Optimus with a sword, and a dinobot. Anyone else sold on this movie?

Actually no. To be honest I'm not a walbaerg fan, the most recent trailer that came out was extremely annoying in my opinion and it still looks like just another bay film, which I'm not a fan of.