VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 04-18-2014

I like the idea. Give me a reason to think Maleficent is important as the head of the heartless.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 04-18-2014

Finally saw the original Stargate film. It was quite weird seeing Jack O'Neill being played by someone other than Richard Dean Anderson.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 04-18-2014

(04-18-2014, 06:22 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Finally saw the original Stargate film. It was quite weird seeing Jack O'Neill being played by someone other than Richard Dean Anderson.

Also Kurt Russel's version had him more moody and depressed than Richard Dean Anderson. He played him like a emo version of Snake from the Escape movies.

On a different note, just read this and all I can say two things:
1) HELL. THE. FUCK. YES!!!!
&
2) SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

http://www.screwattack.com/video/Warner-Bros-Animation-has-released-the-first-trailer-for-Batman-Assault-on-Arkham-feature-film-12833887

RE: At the Movies! - G-Haven - 04-26-2014

Finally got around to seeing Event Horizon.

Neat space-horror, but I never expected cartoonish stock sound-effects around the end there.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 05-02-2014

Just got back from seeing Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was a really good Summer/Spring Blockbuster movie, story was a little bit scattered at times, not really sure what the overall message they were trying to get at, they were setting up a lot of characters and the next movie plus a spin-off film too. Juggling a lot of things, but was a fun movie to watch anyway.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 05-07-2014

...My uncle wanted me to see that bear movie Disney did for his birthday. That narrator gets annoying fast.

Now my mom wants me to see The Other Women with her for Mother's Day. I just wanted my theater to get The Grand Budapest Hotel. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 05-07-2014

Well now I don't know what to think anymore.

http://www.thewrap.com/power-rangers-getting-reboot-feature-film-lionsgate/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=contactology

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 05-07-2014

(05-07-2014, 05:00 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: Well now I don't know what to think anymore.

http://www.thewrap.com/power-rangers-getting-reboot-feature-film-lionsgate/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=contactology

How about Fu*king finally. I've been waiting for ever for another power rangers movie to come out. I just don't like the idea that the movie is going to be a reboot. I hope they keep the names of the characters. I would hate for them to modernize Zach as a rapping kick boxer (I think I almost puked thinking about it) but I think I would be disappointed if they just replaced him.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 05-07-2014

(05-07-2014, 05:40 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 05:00 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: Well now I don't know what to think anymore.

How about Fu*king finally. I've been waiting for ever for another power rangers movie to come out. I just don't like the idea that the movie is going to be a reboot. I hope they keep the names of the characters. I would hate for them to modernize Zach as a rapping kick boxer (I think I almost puked thinking about it) but I think I would be disappointed if they just replaced him.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they did replace them. I grew up with this show like a lot of people. I was 5 when it came out and even went and saw the first movie in theaters, got the McDonalds Happy Meal toy they were giving out. I think I might have had a walkie talkie in the shape of a Red Ranger head. I was with this show....but it's 20+ years later and seeing some of it off Netflix after so long, I don't want it to be the same as then.

I don't care if the characters are different. I think they should change the plot line of Rita and Lord Zedd as well as Zordon and Alpha 5. Throw those types of characters into a movie as they stand now and I guarantee a Razzie award will follow.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 05-09-2014

(05-07-2014, 06:56 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: I wouldn't be disappointed if they did replace them. I grew up with this show like a lot of people. I was 5 when it came out and even went and saw the first movie in theaters, got the McDonalds Happy Meal toy they were giving out. I think I might have had a walkie talkie in the shape of a Red Ranger head. I was with this show....but it's 20+ years later and seeing some of it off Netflix after so long, I don't want it to be the same as then.

I don't care if the characters are different. I think they should change the plot line of Rita and Lord Zedd as well as Zordon and Alpha 5. Throw those types of characters into a movie as they stand now and I guarantee a Razzie award will follow.

It's a Power Rangers movie, not the next Star Wars. It's going to get hate no matter what they do. Replace all the characters for updated, more stereotypical ones and remove the big head and the main villains, you have the fans upset and a bad movie. You keep what made the show "good," you have a bad movie. I don't mind a reboot of the classic story for the fans and younger people (but mostly fans) because this is what it's for. The people looking for the next Casablanca are not going to look at it and say "That sounds like a good idea." At most, it's going to be a way to get nostalgia to the older fans without going the way of Transformers.

Also, I don't want any of that sparkling Sh!t in the movie. The Disney version was just not worth it.

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 05-17-2014

Just watched Frozen with my daughter. I did see Rapunzel from Tangled in it. When Anna or her sister, one of them, sings on coronation day as she opens the castle doors. Bottom left corner.
Now, my brother in law has given me a few theories, that be has seen on the internet, that links several Disney movies.
I have not verified any of this, and who knows if any of this makes sense or how far fetched it may be.

RE: At the Movies! - tigerlily - 05-18-2014

Just went to see Godzilla. It was awesome. :D

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 05-23-2014

Saw X-Men: Days of Future Past this evening and it was awesome. The film combines both First Class characters with their Original X-Men alumni counterparts to not only bridge the gap between them, but also correct some errors the previous films made. In other words the sins of the past were corrected so that the future may have a brighter tomorrow...good god that was cheesy.

I'm gonna give the details of what that means in a Spoiler tag so don't read if you want to find out for yourself.

On another note, Stephen King's IT is still in the works to be rebooted and they are splitting the book into two films. First half dealing with the kids taking on Penny Wise the Clown and the second film with the adult versions of the kids taking on the clown and finishing him off.

If they can have this film be R rated and New Line not be douche bags about it, this could be a really good horror movie with the more cringing and horrific details of the book with a few alterations cause if you know anything about the book, and ask Hex herself who will tell you it is fucked up in both a good and bad way.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/23/stephen-kings-it-moves-from-warner-bros-to-new-line

RE: At the Movies! - G-Haven - 05-23-2014

GOJIRA was pretty neat.

RE: At the Movies! - Wastelander - 05-24-2014

(05-23-2014, 10:52 PM)G-Haven Wrote: GOJIRA was pretty neat.

I already got spoiled.

Apparently Bryan Cranston doesn't ride on Godzilla ....