VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 06-05-2014

Yeah, I didn't watch any of it.

RE: At the Movies! - Zaliphone - 06-06-2014

How is something like that even allowed on Youtube? I've seen some gifs from it and those were pretty...graphic.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 06-06-2014

(06-06-2014, 07:38 AM)Zaliphone Wrote: How is something like that even allowed on Youtube? I've seen some gifs from it and those were pretty...graphic.

I don't get it either. Someone said it's fine because it's "age restricted", so YouTube might have changed their policies. Last I knew was they'd take down your video if it had too much violence/nudity no matter what.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-06-2014

I question youtube's censorship. They allow somethings to be shown on there, but when it comes to something that is worse than what is on youtube(like say an X rated movie) they remove it.

(06-06-2014, 01:55 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I question youtube's censorship. They allow somethings to be shown on there, but when it comes to something that is worse than what is on youtube(like say an X rated movie) they remove it.

I'm thinking about flagging it just to see what happens.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 06-06-2014

(06-06-2014, 01:55 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I question youtube's censorship. They allow somethings to be shown on there, but when it comes to something that is worse than what is on youtube(like say an X rated movie) they remove it.

You're gonna have to elaborate on that man.

(06-06-2014, 01:58 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

You're gonna have to elaborate on that man.

Okay. Say if someone uploaded a clip from an R rated horror movie on youtube. The scene that the particular user uploaded in question has a scene where a character is killed off in a rather gruesome way. The clip remains on youtube despite having its side of negative criticism from certain users. Some consider horror scenes with gruesome detail 'offensive'. However. A different user uploads a scene from something that is in the NSFW category. Without any delay it gets removed and the user gets banned.

I don't really see the issue. That just kind of falls in line with how movies are treated.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 06-06-2014

Found a great deal off Amazon if you are a Short Circuit fan. They are selling 1 and 2 as a double bluray feature pack for close to $11.

http://www.amazon.com/Short-Circuit-Blu-ray/dp/B00DRQEU5A/ref=sr_1_203?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1402105513&sr=1-203

If you have prime membership you can get free shipping else have to get something else through amazon to have a $25 minimum before they ship for free.

Pretty good deal for two movies that have some decent special features on it too.

You wanted an explanation Psycho, and I gave you one. Getting back on topic. Has anyone seen Maleficent? Its getting a ton of reviews that are good surprisingly.

Took too long to see Godzilla so now they're only showing it at 9 PM at my local theater. Way too late.

(06-06-2014, 09:07 PM)CLXcool Wrote: You wanted an explanation Psycho, and I gave you one. Getting back on topic. Has anyone seen Maleficent? Its getting a ton of reviews that are good surprisingly.

Fair enough man, didn't mean to come off as something negative. I've heard its good and they've got a Beauty and The Beast one planned.

I know that Disney is planning on doing one for Cinderella and The Little Mermaid. Although. I heard Sophia Coppola(the daughter of Francis Coppola) is planning a live-action film of the little mermaid as well. Although. Hers isn't connected with Disney though.

RE: At the Movies! - Wastelander - 06-08-2014

Saw "The Raid: Redemption" ... this is by far the best action movie I have ever before seen in my life. The movie literally starts with "we're here" and then goes full on action for the rest of the duration.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 06-09-2014

I liked the new X-Men movie.