VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - fredavil - 06-09-2014

(06-08-2014, 01:59 PM)Wastelander Wrote: Saw "The Raid: Redemption" ... this is by far the best action movie I have ever before seen in my life. The movie literally starts with "we're here" and then goes full on action for the rest of the duration.

Loved it, heard there is a sequel to it "The Raid 2" hope it is as good as the first one.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 02:25 AM)fredavil Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 01:59 PM)Wastelander Wrote: Saw "The Raid: Redemption" ... this is by far the best action movie I have ever before seen in my life. The movie literally starts with "we're here" and then goes full on action for the rest of the duration.

Loved it, heard there is a sequel to it "The Raid 2" hope it is as good as the first one.

I was so confused for a second because there is a Finnish crime movie also called Raid.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 06-11-2014

Well this exists.....I actually don't know how to feel about this. Like the first one as a kid and find it okay as an adult but to know there is a sequel after all these years? Huh.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 06-12-2014

[Image: 5030370900339.jpg?ihtml=ABLIST20140611]

LOL! I didn't know this was the cover to the PAL version of The Brave Little Toaster! Now that is deceiving! This ain't no whimsical fun time adventure!

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 06-12-2014

(06-12-2014, 09:43 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [Image: 5030370900339.jpg?ihtml=ABLIST20140611]

LOL! I didn't know this was the cover to the PAL version of The Brave Little Toaster! Now that is deceiving! This ain't no whimsical fun time adventure!

Nope. Not even close. Good moments that are awesome, but nope.

RE: At the Movies! - retrolinkx - 06-17-2014

Just saw "A Million way to die in the West". It was your generic Macfarlane flick. Jokes that go on too long, pop culture references here and there and of course that one good joke once in a while.

The story was kind of meh, there was only one gun fight that actually matter, out of three/four shown. There was little action for a film like this, it was more focusing on The MC, the girl he wants to get back and the other girl who teaches him shit.

While it wasn't a bad film, most of the good stuff was shown in the trailer, and the only laughs you'll get will be the pop culture references and the deadpan jokes he'll make once in a while.

Overall 7/10.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-17-2014

Gonna see How to train your dragon 2 tonight. Don't spoil anything until I get back from it.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-17-2014

Alright. I just came back from seeing HTTYD 2, I will tell you guys no spoilers, but was it good? Hell freaking yes it was. There was a lot of action(a lot more of it than it was in the first one). Lot of surprises, and a bit of a backstory is told at one point in the film. Worth full price of admission? Yes it was. Now do yourself a favor and go see some dragons.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 06-18-2014

I'm a slightly bit more optimistic with the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, at least regarding how Shredder is portrayed. Before all they showed was the guy who plays him as a regular guy, you can see his face and now crazy ninja/samurai armor like he normally is depicted as in anything else.

Here though is what he will look like when he is decked to the 9's in the armor his character is famous for.....which looks like Wolverine on LSD/Acid with a few more knives and blades for kicks. Really badass looking. How well it plays on film is another question, but so far it looks cool. So I'm definitely gonna go see it at least. Whether or not I'll like it is another question.

[Image: shredder.png]

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-18-2014

First they change Shredder's race, now they give him a makeover that looks like a steampunked version of Edward Scissor-hands.

(06-18-2014, 06:09 PM)CLXcool Wrote: First they change Shredder's race, now they give him a makeover that looks like a steampunked version of Edward Scissor-hands.

I'm miffed about the first but I'm okay with the second. If he is only shown out of armor for a the beginning part of the film and always stays in it moving forward I'd be okay. If they make more movies (which they probably will) and have Shredder stay in his armor then I'd be okay.

Well if you are a Bayonetta fan this is pretty cool.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/18/bayonetta-bloody-fate-anime-film-coming-to-north-america.aspx

From the trailer in the article it looks like they took the story of the game and turned it into an anime. I'm okay with that. Would have been fine with a new story too. I pretty much just like the game so I'm fine with any new thing with this series.

RE: At the Movies! - G-Haven - 06-20-2014

Finally got around to watching Frozen Ground with Nicholas Cage and John Cusack. Oh and 50 cent. About the homicide committed by Robert Hansen in my home state.

My cousin was supposed to be in the movie, but apparently the scene she was in was cut.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-20-2014

(06-18-2014, 11:41 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: Well if you are a Bayonetta fan this is pretty cool.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/18/bayonetta-bloody-fate-anime-film-coming-to-north-america.aspx

From the trailer in the article it looks like they took the story of the game and turned it into an anime. I'm okay with that. Would have been fine with a new story too. I pretty much just like the game so I'm fine with any new thing with this series.

I just hope this can lead to a Bayonetta anime series(honestly, that would rule to the extreme). Glad to hear that Funimation is doing the dub.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 06-20-2014

I actually thought that Bloody Fate already was a series. Apparently it's just a one shot.