VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - retrolinkx - 06-21-2014

So, I'm going to watch all the Police Academies again, mostly because I have only ever watched bits of all seven movies and can't remember anything from a single movie since it's all just a blur.

Finished the first one yesterday, six more to go.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 06-21-2014

(06-21-2014, 02:40 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: So, I'm going to watch all the Police Academies again, mostly because I have only ever watched bits of all seven movies and can't remember anything from a single movie since it's all just a blur.

Finished the first one yesterday, six more to go.

I read that there's going to be an eight one this year. Then again, it has been in production hell since 2007 so who knows.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 07-02-2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_but_Trouble_%281991_film%29

I remembered a scene from this movie and asked Reddit folk to help me figure out where it was from. I had no idea John Candy was in it! Even though it's apparently a horrible movie I so have to see the whole thing now.

RE: At the Movies! - tigerlily - 07-03-2014

Just went to see Chef last night!! What an awesome feel good movie. Totally recommend it :D

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 07-03-2014

Came back a little while ago from seeing Transformers 4: Age of Extinction. It was really good. The story was a little spread out, too many bad guys not enough good guys. Mark Wahlberg was a welcome addition with Shia LaBeouf's subtraction. No Megan Fox once again, but then again she was probably filming Turtles anyway.

The rest of this bit is spoilers so don't read on if you don't want to know what happened:

This is a very 80's style story and plot but the action is cool, the fights are awesome and it is a good popcorn flick to see during the summer. I say don't go to see this if you are wanting a moving story and well rounded characters and such. There are other movies out there for that. This is a Micheal Bay film. If you want action, excitement and shit that blows up (which Bay must just masterbate everynight to his own movie's explosion scenes because you can't go 5 minutes with out something blowing up or breaking) then this movie is for you.

RE: At the Movies! - retrolinkx - 07-04-2014

Watched the 2nd Police Academy today. It was good, better than the first, but they're both great films.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 07-04-2014

Wooooah. I posted my Brave Little Toaster cels on Reddit just for the heck of it and got nearly 1,000 up votes while I napped.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 07-06-2014

Yesterday I watched one of the weirdest movies I'll have ever witnessed in my life up to this point. It is called Rubber. A friend of mine from work mentioned it to me, I saw the trailer and was a little intrigued. He then told me it is on Netflix.

So yesterday me and Hex were watching it, just the premise alone was enough to catch my interest with a killer tire with psychic powers that can blow stuff up with its mind. But then it got so much weirder. The whole movie right at the start basically tells you that it is all done for "No Reason." Now anything done in this film, no matter how random and bizarre, can be explained simply by the two words "No Reason."

After watching it, I was reminded of the guy from Billy Madison at the end during the trivia thing after Billy gave his answer and his response is how I would describe it after having watched Rubber:

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 07-06-2014

I'm surprised someone else here actually knows about the film :D

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 07-06-2014

I told some folks at work about that Rubber movie and they thought I was kidding. One then asked why I would watch something like that and I said "No reason" and started cracking up while they looked at me like I was insane.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 07-06-2014

(07-06-2014, 09:04 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I told some folks at work about that Rubber movie and they thought I was kidding. One then asked why I would watch something like that and I said "No reason" and started cracking up while they looked at me like I was insane.

Cackling like a mad witch is the correct response I would say, so bravo.

Here is the trailer to Rubber if anyone is curious:

RE: At the Movies! - Tobu_ - 07-08-2014

Favourite Movies:Edge of Tomorrow,all of the lord of the rings films
Least Favourite:Sharknado
Underrated:Transformers:Dark of the moon
Overrated:Halo Forward Onto Dawn

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 07-23-2014

I want my money back. I saw Earth to Echo and hated it from the very moment it started. It's one of those movies you see through various cameras the characters are holding. They explain the plot and every character's back story in the first few minutes and than zoom through everything else that happens. The kids don't deliver their dialog naturally or believably at all; it's like they're holding the script in front of them and trying to act like they're really having a conversation. There's zero friend chemistry between any of them, so nothing pulls at your emotions.

It was beyond stupid how they made the foster kid freak out when he got separated from everyone else and then flies into a rage, saying they abandoned him. YOU WERE GETTING CHASED YOU STUPID FUCK. IT HAPPENS.

RE: At the Movies! - Wastelander - 07-25-2014

(07-04-2014, 05:05 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Watched the 2nd Police Academy today. It was good, better than the first, but they're both great films.

You're in for a ride of disappointment , friend ...

RE: At the Movies! - BumblebeeCody - 07-26-2014

(06-18-2014, 11:41 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: Well if you are a Bayonetta fan this is pretty cool.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/18/bayonetta-bloody-fate-anime-film-coming-to-north-america.aspx

From the trailer in the article it looks like they took the story of the game and turned it into an anime. I'm okay with that. Would have been fine with a new story too. I pretty much just like the game so I'm fine with any new thing with this series.

So much hype!

One of the benefits of having friends who work in the cinema is free films. Take that as an opportunity to watch crap like Transformers 4.
So I watched and it lasted 2 and half hours. All I can say is:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know, I know it's Transformers and it's just for mindless eye candy but man. That film, yo.