VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 08-02-2014

I'm just waiting for it to be released on DVD. Now I really need to watch Howard the Duck :D

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 08-02-2014

(08-02-2014, 05:40 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote:
(08-02-2014, 04:21 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: "I like this knife. I will keep it."

"...That was my favorite knife..."

Guardians of the Galaxy is amazing and wonderful. It's got action, comedy, and a surprising amount of heart filled moment. I want a sequel already and I'm thinking about seeing it again. It's so rare that I actually like every single character in a team; I cared about them all.

I'm gonna see that tomorrow and they already greenlighted a sequel with the same writer/director doing that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/27/sdcc-2014-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-release-date-announced

2 years before another sequel though, MEH! I WANTS IT, MY PRECIOUS! I haven't even seen the first one and I wants a sequel already as well.

I looked at a list of upcoming Marvel movies and I found out I need to catch up on all the movies I have not seen becuse a Sinister Six movie is coming up. HOLY PSYCOSPACECOW! What did I miss in the Amazing Spiderman 2 that leads into this? I must know!!!!!! I'll reant the movie when I can.

Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch (two X-Men) are going to be in the next Avengers. Aren't X-Men owned by a different studio? How can they get away with this? They say that it's meant to be different characters but I think that's like adding Spider-Man and saying it's not Spider-Man.

Also upcoming Antman movie still sounds cool and funny at the same time, but I still want to see what they will do with it.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 08-02-2014

^The Sinister Six reference is towards the end
As to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, they are gonna be in both at one point. The reason they can do that is that both characters were at one time Avengers but also apart of the X-Men universe so it is a weird loophole. However the MCU movies can't make references to them being mutants as anything related to that is strictly within the X-Men comics. But they can make them Meta-humans. Humans who just so happen to have special powers for "reasons."

I know, it is stupid and should just be one or the other but it is one of those weird copyright scenarios where both can have their cake and eat it but no whip cream, that requires a different sort of contractual agreement on both parties part which would require someone to have a cherry and the other with out and could instead accept a strawberry substitute.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 08-03-2014

So I did some research on Antman and the Sinister Six (because I can and it's what I do when I'm board) and stumbled on a video that shows me two things.

1. I figured out how Quick Silver and The Scarlet Witch could be in a non-X-Men movie. (The reason that Game Wiz gave above and yes it's stupid.)
  2. I need to watch all the movies that I missed last year and this. ALL OF THEM.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 08-03-2014

^gamemaster1991 - Yeah you probably would need to watch most of them, however you could skip the origin films of the Avengers characters, watch The Avengers and the movies that take place after that because really The Avengers gives you exactly the character development you need for who the characters are and what they can do. Then the 3 films after; Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier will help you understand the current phase of films Marvel is releasing.

Although I would add watching the first Captain America film as that leads right into The Avengers and you can then have the sequel Captain America film make sense as far as the over arching consequences of events.

It is all like some weird history class with a film series isn't it. You can't really understand some actions without knowing what happened before, somewhere else. If you wait though and save up enough, there probably will be a big giant Phase 1 and Phase 2 film set released so people who still haven't seen all the films but don't want to hunt down all of them individual can get the box sets of all the relevant films together which usually culminate with a cross over film like The Avengers.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 08-05-2014

I AM GROOT!

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-06-2014

Guardians was fucking awesome

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 08-06-2014

Two weeks ago I saw Dawn of the Reboot of the Apes and I wanted to kill myself nearly the entire time.
A week ago I saw Boyhood and I wanted to kill myself nearly the entire time.

A few days ago I saw a movie about a talking space tree and I wanted to buy his action figure the entire time.

RE: At the Movies! - tigerlily - 08-07-2014

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy... I didn't really like it. The humour felt far too forced.

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 08-07-2014

(08-07-2014, 02:35 AM)tigerlily Wrote: Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy... I didn't really like it. The humour felt far too forced.

Yeah I got that vibe a few times as well, especially the Kevin Bacon bit that fell flat on its face. I think the reason I enjoyed it so much is that it was so much more fun and energetic than everything else thats been coming out lately.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 08-07-2014

(08-07-2014, 10:21 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 02:35 AM)tigerlily Wrote: Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy... I didn't really like it. The humour felt far too forced.

Yeah I got that vibe a few times as well, especially the Kevin Bacon bit that fell flat on its face. I think the reason I enjoyed it so much is that it was so much more fun and energetic than everything else thats been coming out lately.

That and you wanted to buy the Tree's action figure the whole time.

It's nice to hear some negative points for the greatest movie ever made. I get tried of people having the same opinion on EVERYTHING.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 08-07-2014

(08-07-2014, 10:49 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 10:21 AM)Arjahn Wrote:

That and you wanted to buy the Tree's action figure the whole time.

It's nice to hear some negative points for the greatest movie ever made. I get tried of people having the same opinion on EVERYTHING.

(08-05-2014, 11:06 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I AM GROOT!

Pelvic Sorcery.

I really liked it personally.

RE: At the Movies! - Shade - 08-07-2014

I also saw Guardians of the Galaxy a while back, I thought it rivaled the Avengers personally.

(I totally post on this forum, all the time.)

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-08-2014

So the critics are trashing the new TMNT movie. Gee. Why ain't I surprised? We all saw this coming.

RE: At the Movies! - G-Haven - 08-11-2014

Yeah, saw it a couple nights ago.

It's boring, of all things.