VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 10-26-2014

Went to see Saint Vincent's with my mom and uncle. Nothing like having a family outing and seeing a sex scene right when the movie opens.

It was OK. I was hoping for something kind of like Secondhand Lions; this was a much different movie from what I expected. They had a good idea, but it falls flat.

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 10-30-2014

(10-26-2014, 05:35 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Went to see Saint Vincent's with my mom and uncle. Nothing like having a family outing and seeing a sex scene right when the movie opens.

It was OK. I was hoping for something kind of like Secondhand Lions; this was a much different movie from what I expected. They had a good idea, but it falls flat.

Oh god I remember my parents rented Don Jon to watch as a family a while ago. I still don't know if it's a good movie or not because after the fifth time Joseph Gordon Leviosa started jerking it on screen, my mom had had enough. 

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 10-31-2014

I just realized there is a time paradox created in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. And by that, George Carlin never dies. I'll have to watch Bogus Journey again sometime soon. The only time I can do that is even I'm home alone. My wife hates Bill and Ted. And Napoleon Dynamite.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 11-01-2014

I still never saw all of the Witches of Eastwick like I always wanted to during an October. I think I might just buy it since it has Jack Nicholson, Susan Sarandon, and Cher. The little bits I have seen were pretty interesting.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 11-03-2014

(11-01-2014, 09:26 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I still never saw all of the Witches of Eastwick like I always wanted to during an October. I think I might just buy it since it has Jack Nicholson, Susan Sarandon, and Cher. The little bits I have seen were pretty interesting.

That was turned into a decent tv show back in 2009-2010. Only lasted a season or two but it wasn't bad. Would have liked to see where they went with it but oh well I guess.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 11-05-2014

I am strangely amused by this.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 11-06-2014

I don't know how to feel about this. They want to make a Toy Story 4. It is being directed by John Lasseter so it is in good hands but considering how 3 ended, I don't know exactly what more they can do. 3 pretty much brought everything full circle. Well it will be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/toy-story-4-coming-in-2017?watch=&utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 11-06-2014

(11-06-2014, 06:24 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: I don't know how to feel about this. They want to make a Toy Story 4. It is being directed by John Lasseter so it is in good hands but considering how 3 ended, I don't know exactly what more they can do. 3 pretty much brought everything full circle. Well it will be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/toy-story-4-coming-in-2017?watch=&utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

To be honest, I saw this coming. This franchise has netted Pixar big bucks and they did leave it wide open for a sequel by leaving them with a new little kid. Toy Story 3 was even better than the first (IMO), so I actually have faith that this will be a good one. Kinda kills the emotional impact of the 3rd, but we'll see if this movie is worth that.

I'm still real eager to see Wreck it Ralph 2. I think that was an official announcement I read awhile back.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 11-06-2014

They did announce a sequel for Wreck-It Ralph, and I think I heard they wanted to get more video game cameos too. Don't remember if they gave actually specifics or just speculation of what the author of the article wanted to see but still cool to know it is in the works.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 11-07-2014

I have no idea how I feel about TS4 and WIR2. On one side, I do like Toy Story and I love Wreck-It Ralph. Both of these movies are really good entertainment for kids and well writen for the most part. It would be nice to see where they go with these two movies.

On the other hand, I can't think of where it could go for either movie. Both are pretty well done that I don't think thhey need one. My fear is that Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be nothing but video game characters and references. The charm of the first movie is having a movie that gamers can enjoy for the jokes and the few cameos and refrances in the beginning (and whatever Q-Bert counts as) and parents and non-gaming kids can enjoy a movie thats still funny and interesting. I don't want them to mess that up.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-07-2014

I'm looking forward more to Wreck it Ralph II to be completely honest. There are so many ideas that can be explored with that. I'm hoping that the Mario Bros do play an important part of the movie(considering the fact that despite being mentioned, they didn't get an appearance in it). Toy Story 4 is just a quick cash grab. Pixar is desperate for money, and what a better way to make more money than to give the golden shower treatment on a series that they ended off perfectly that screamed as 'the end' for the series. Its cars II all over again.

Oh speaking of Disney. Has anyone on here seen Big Hero Six yet? I plan on seeing it next week

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 11-08-2014

I just finished watching the second Punisher movie (basically the first since it was the origin story) and I don't really know what to think of it. It was over 2 hours long and it still felt like nothing happened in between the lore establishment in the beginning and the final action scene. There was a forced potential love interest that never went anywhere, even more forced comic relief, a weird moral about friendship (in an R-rated Punisher movie), a cliché turncoat gambling addict cop friend with no real backstory, a couple of one-shot bad guys that were done and dealt with in one or two scenes despite the buildup given to them and instead of Castle's wife and child getting killed in a random act of violence thus creating the Punisher his whole extended family AND his wife's family get slaughtered.

I'm not that big of a Punisher fan and I don't really know much about him but all this just felt so unnecessary. The whole movie felt unnecessary. I've never seen the original film from the 80s, nor do I plan to, but I hope War Zone is at least better.

RE: At the Movies! - Pewable - 11-09-2014

Just watched Interstellar, eeeh it was ok. Didn't know how long it was before seeing it, I think it the longest movie I saw (I always feel asleep while watching LOTR). Understood the movie faster than I should have though. Not everything of course, but saw things coming.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 11-09-2014

My brother loved Interstellar. I'd thinking about watching it.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 11-09-2014

(11-07-2014, 05:21 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm looking forward more to Wreck it Ralph II to be completely honest. There are so many ideas that can be explored with that. I'm hoping that the Mario Bros do play an important part of the movie(considering the fact that despite being mentioned, they didn't get an appearance in it). Toy Story 4 is just a quick cash grab. Pixar is desperate for money, and what a better way to make more money than to give the golden shower treatment on a series that they ended off perfectly that screamed as 'the end' for the series. Its cars II all over again.

Oh speaking of Disney. Has anyone on here seen Big Hero Six yet? I plan on seeing it next week

I don't think we'll get to see the Mario Brothers. They wanted to use them in the first movie, but Nintendo wanted too much for them. 

I was going to see Big Hero Six this weekend, but a guy getting too sick to work ruined that. Maybe just as well... I haven't really enjoyed a movie since Guardian of the Galaxy anyway.