VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - CzarDragon - 03-18-2013

So Who Framed Roger Rabbit? came out on bluray.

And I just picked that up... so... I'm gonna watch that now.

After Back to the Future, I think it's my favorite Robert Zemeckis picture.

RE: At the Movies! - ThePlainGamer - 03-19-2013

If any one is looking for an awesome short online show there is one on youtube about 2 guys who watch a movie that one of them has never seen and discuss it, I think its interesting, check it out if you want. Oh wait it's called Welcome to the Basement.

Here's the first episode:

I'll talk about movies later.

(03-17-2013, 05:04 AM)lividd3ad Wrote: I guess since someone else posted their DVD collection, I might as well post mine. Prepare to judge me.

Depending on the version, I would recommend Phantom of the Opera 25thy anniversary edition 2011

RE: At the Movies! - A Zombie Riot - 03-19-2013

I have The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo DVR'd so I will probably watch that Friday night.

RE: At the Movies! - ThePlainGamer - 03-19-2013

(03-19-2013, 08:23 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: I have The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo DVR'd so I will probably watch that Friday night.

Which one, American remake or original?
Either way they're pretty good I must say.

RE: At the Movies! - Wardenclyffe - 03-19-2013

I watched the American Dragon Tattoo and no clue what was going on, and I'm usually not one to get lost during movies. I must've missed something that made everything make sense. I wanted to rewatch it, but I've been told by many people I should just stick with the original movies instead.

RE: At the Movies! - A Zombie Riot - 03-19-2013

(03-19-2013, 08:53 PM)ThePlainGamer Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 08:23 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: I have The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo DVR'd so I will probably watch that Friday night.

Which one, American remake or original?
Either way they're pretty good I must say.

Remake.

RE: At the Movies! - Ryan - 03-20-2013

So my $5 bin adventures continue, adding two more!

RE: At the Movies! - ThePlainGamer - 03-21-2013

Watching Totoro right now!

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 03-21-2013

For my fellow animation fans I have to strongly recommend The Secret of the Kells. It's an Irish film that didn't get a wide release since it's unrated. It's maybe a PG film due to slightly scary segments, but it's just so beautifully animated and fun to watch.

Here be a trailer:

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 03-22-2013

So, anyone else excited for the Evil Dead remake?

RE: At the Movies! - A Zombie Riot - 03-22-2013

(03-22-2013, 07:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: So, anyone else excited for the Evil Dead remake?

NO

I mean yes. Very yes!

RE: At the Movies! - Wardenclyffe - 03-22-2013

(03-22-2013, 07:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: So, anyone else excited for the Evil Dead remake?

I wasn't until Bruce Campbell started praising it. I'm on board now and it actually looks way better than I thought it would.

(03-22-2013, 11:27 AM)Wardenclyffe Wrote:

I wasn't until Bruce Campbell started praising it. I'm on board now and it actually looks way better than I thought it would.

Well, Bruce and Sam are the ones behind the remake, actually (not directing, but at least producing).

RE: At the Movies! - Wardenclyffe - 03-22-2013

(03-22-2013, 11:32 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 11:27 AM)Wardenclyffe Wrote:

Well, Bruce and Sam are the ones behind the remake, actually (not directing, but at least producing).

I didn't know that at first and was all "AW HELL NO, AINT NO ONE GUNNA TOUCH MY EVIL DEAD". But like I said, I was totally on board after I learned Campbell was

It's also rumored that he's making a cameo. Don't know how that would work exactly... but yeah.