VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 11-12-2014

I... What. I don't even... Why?

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-12-2014

(11-09-2014, 11:58 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 05:21 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm looking forward more to Wreck it Ralph II to be completely honest. There are so many ideas that can be explored with that. I'm hoping that the Mario Bros do play an important part of the movie(considering the fact that despite being mentioned, they didn't get an appearance in it). Toy Story 4 is just a quick cash grab. Pixar is desperate for money, and what a better way to make more money than to give the golden shower treatment on a series that they ended off perfectly that screamed as 'the end' for the series. Its cars II all over again.

Oh speaking of Disney. Has anyone on here seen Big Hero Six yet? I plan on seeing it next week

I don't think we'll get to see the Mario Brothers. They wanted to use them in the first movie, but Nintendo wanted too much for them. 
Hex. Money wasn't the reason why the Mario brothers didn't appear in the movie. Disney stated that the real reason why neither Mario or Luigi are shown in Wreck it Ralph was because the people who were working on the movie couldn't figure out the right place and time for them to have their cameo appearance. Whenever the second movie gets around in development. They are going to get them to appear in the sequel(similar to how Barbie was supposed to be in the first toy story but was later in the sequel).

Came back from seeing Big hero Six a day ago. Before talking about the movie itself I want to comment that the short that played before it(Feast) was adorable. It was a great way to start off a movie(Although, my mom had to comment about how feeding those kinds of foods to a boston terrier would hurt its stomach, I say in reply 'mom, it's a cartoon. Just roll with it and enjoy the short film'). Kinda wish that they went with actual hand-drawn animation for the short instead of using the paperman technique. Its a good short none of the less. I can see this being running up for the Oscars for short films.

As for the film itself. It was a great action animated movie. I enjoyed the first two acts of the movie. While the third act of the film made me feel a bit mixed. It felt like something was 'missing' to make it a home-run out of the ballpark. But it works to make me feel entertained. Check it out. Its a good action movie from Disney. Still deciding if its as good as The Incredibles. Oh. And Stay at the end of the credits. I wont reveal anything. But be surprised who makes the appearance at the end of the film. I hope this leads to Disney to explore with adapting other lesser known Marvel characters to animation(Not holding my breathe on them doing a cartoon of howard the duck since they already got a duck to animate thank you)..

Edit: Hex, here's your source. I just had trouble linking it when I was writing this post Its in quotations.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/11/wreck-it-ralph-39-s-director-answers-our-questions.aspx

Where was Mario? He was referenced but we never actually saw him there. Is there a reason he didn’t show up?

"We established a really good relationship with Nintendo on this movie. In fact, all the game companies were really, really cool to work with. They were great partners for the scenes that their characters were in, and they really helped us elevate those scenes with their characters by giving us great notes and helping us out – the nuances of their characters. So, Nintendo was one of those companies that we kind of partnered up with for this film and when we pitched the idea of Bad-anon to them, and having Bowser in the scene, they were like, “Yes!” Almost immediately they were like, “If there is a group that is dedicated to helping the bad guy characters in video games then Bowser must be in that group!” and we're like, “absolutely, we feel exactly the same way. It’s good to know we’re on the same page here.” And then through a little bit of conversation, it came up and they said to us, because they knew we were interested in Mario, too, “If you can find an scene that is as appropriate to Mario as the Bad-anon scene is to Bowser, then we can definitely talk about Mario being in the film.” "Ok great!"

So we keep working on the story, and that was always in the back of my mind. We’re always kind of looking for a place to put him from that point on and it became really apparent that kind of scene was not coming up, that kind of centered around something that would make it important that Mario was there. It seemed like every time we would try to put him into a movie or into a scene, it felt like we were just kind of forcing him in there. It didn’t seem like, “Oh that’s totally appropriate that Mario be there.” So rather than going back to them and saying, “Well we tried to kind of shoe-horn him in here. What do you guys think?” because I really respected what they were saying, I totally got it. I had to make the tough decision as the director of holding off and taking kind of a leap of faith and hoping that, ok, if the movie does well, and it’s as good as we think, if it's well-received, and we’re lucky enough to do a sequel, then we definitely should really find a nice juicy role for Mario, and we’ll find it then. That’s kind of how it ended. That’s where we are now, as we wait and see, "will there be another film?" I would love to be able to go back to Nintendo and say, “We found that scene, we found that moment for Mario, what do you think?”"

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 11-12-2014

(11-12-2014, 04:29 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(11-09-2014, 11:58 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 05:21 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm looking forward more to Wreck it Ralph II to be completely honest. There are so many ideas that can be explored with that. I'm hoping that the Mario Bros do play an important part of the movie(considering the fact that despite being mentioned, they didn't get an appearance in it). Toy Story 4 is just a quick cash grab. Pixar is desperate for money, and what a better way to make more money than to give the golden shower treatment on a series that they ended off perfectly that screamed as 'the end' for the series. Its cars II all over again.

Oh speaking of Disney. Has anyone on here seen Big Hero Six yet? I plan on seeing it next week

I don't think we'll get to see the Mario Brothers. They wanted to use them in the first movie, but Nintendo wanted too much for them. 
Hex. Money wasn't the reason why the Mario brothers didn't appear in the movie. Disney stated that the real reason why neither Mario or Luigi are shown in Wreck it Ralph was because the people who were working on the movie couldn't figure out the right place and time for them to have their cameo appearance. Whenever the second movie gets around in development. They are going to get them to appear in the sequel(similar to how Barbie was supposed to be in the first toy story but was later in the sequel).

Came back from seeing Big hero Six a day ago. Before talking about the movie itself I want to comment that the short that played before it(Feast) was adorable. It was a great way to start off a movie(Although, my mom had to comment about how feeding those kinds of foods to a boston terrier would hurt its stomach, I say in reply 'mom, it's a cartoon. Just roll with it and enjoy the short film'). Kinda wish that they went with actual hand-drawn animation for the short instead of using the paperman technique. Its a good short none of the less. I can see this being running up for the Oscars for short films.

As for the film itself. It was a great action animated movie. I enjoyed the first two acts of the movie. While the third act of the film made me feel a bit mixed. It felt like something was 'missing' to make it a home-run out of the ballpark. But it works to make me feel entertained. Check it out. Its a good action movie from Disney. Still deciding if its as good as The Incredibles. Oh. And Stay at the end of the credits. I wont reveal anything. But be surprised who makes the appearance at the end of the film. I hope this leads to Disney to explore with adapting other lesser known Marvel characters to animation(Not holding my breathe on them doing a cartoon of howard the duck since they already got a duck to animate thank you)..

CLX: Since you didn't provide a source, I looked into it myself because I swear I heard someone involved with the film say it. It turns out it was a really stupid joke that was made. Saying something costs too much is, to me, believable. 

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 11-13-2014

I saw Nightcrawler last night, fantastic film. I don't want to spoil anything (Seriously don't even watch the trailer just go see it), but the last segment of the movie was one of the tensest theater experiences I've ever had.

Oh and awesome sig Hex.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 11-13-2014

(11-12-2014, 12:25 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I... What. I don't even... Why?

Just to make some points:

> Having a Job and having a backstory is two totally different things. Just because " Vic Domashev" is a Programmer doesn't mean that he isn't the same fella who had a weird-ass time in Latveria and after a major predicament, found himself being the ol'college frenemie(?) of Reed Richard.

> I assume knowing how to program is at least a huge factor on making your own robot suit. Just assuming.

> Concerning the Anti-Social: Lets be honest, Dr.Doom speaks in the third-person most of the time, thinks very highly of himself, will kill anyone at a moment notice if said person pisses him off, and rarely works will with others. How does that not scream Anti-Social? 

The only gripe I have with this is the blogger name, only because the Doc didn't spend years in evil medical school just so won't be able to use Dr. in his villain name.

If your issue was with The Aunt May spin-off then you can ignore this post.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 11-14-2014

(11-13-2014, 07:01 PM)Berry Wrote:
(11-12-2014, 12:25 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I... What. I don't even... Why?

Just to make some points:

> Having a Job and having a backstory is two totally different things. Just because " Vic Domashev" is a Programmer doesn't mean that he isn't the same fella who had a weird-ass time in Latveria and after a major predicament, found himself being the ol'college frenemie(?) of Reed Richard.

> I assume knowing how to program is at least a huge factor on making your own robot suit. Just assuming.

> Concerning the Anti-Social: Lets be honest, Dr.Doom speaks in the third-person most of the time, thinks very highly of himself, will kill anyone at a moment notice if said person pisses him off, and rarely works will with others. How does that not scream Anti-Social? 

The only gripe I have with this is the blogger name, only because the Doc didn't spend years in evil medical school just so won't be able to use Dr. in his villain name.

If your issue was with The Aunt May spin-off then you can ignore this post.

I get the point and I'm usually defending artistic freedom on movie portrayals since they ARE a different universe from the original stories but this one just ticks me off. They even said in an interview that their interpretation of Doom is going to be completely different from his original character.

The Aunt May spinoff still sounds retarded.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-14-2014

I'm just gonna say it right now. Sony doesn't know what the hell to do with Spiderman anymore. They are only cranking these things out just so Disney doesn't get their hands on spiderman out of Sony's.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 11-15-2014

Went to Big Hero Six. I went in with low hopes due to recent movie experiences, but it was fantastic. Not a single super annoying character I wanted to strangle; I even really liked the "stoner" dude.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-15-2014

Did you stay at the end of the credits Hex?

(11-15-2014, 09:07 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Did you stay at the end of the credits Hex?

Dammit. Of course I should've. I ended up getting really hungry during the middle of it, so I wanted to go home and eat. 

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-15-2014

You missed the cameo. I'm not gonna say who it is though. But it was a treat to see it.

I cheated and watched a poor quality YouTube vid of it. Funny, because I thought to myself that the man in the portrait looked like a certain someone.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 11-15-2014

(11-15-2014, 09:14 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I cheated and watched a poor quality YouTube vid of it. Funny, because I thought to myself that the man in the portrait looked like a certain someone.

Awwwww, my stupid poor theater doesn't have the movie yet. Upside though, they are bringing their Sunday Matinee back so I can watch a movie in the middle of the day without having to come home in the dark and the cold.....now it is just the cold. Oh well, worth it if the movie comes to town.

Only ones we have are St. Vincent w/Bill Murray and Gone Girl with Ben Affleck (which actually looks really good but not go to the theater to see it good). I usually only go to the movies these days if some really big blockbuster type movie is playing or something I've been really hoping to see. Big Hero Six is now one of them.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 11-17-2014

This was super easy: http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2014/11/08/quiz-match-the-obscure-character-to-the-disney-movie-pt-1/

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 11-18-2014

Warcraft movie news!