VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Zaliphone - 12-17-2014

It makes me angry that the movie is being pulled. The threats from North Korea are completely hollow and this sets an awful precedent that they can get what they want with their bullshit.

If the movie ever gets some kind of release, legitimate or not, you can be damn sure that I'll be there.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 10:32 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm more concerned about the lives on the innocent than some joker making a film that  has the term crossed the line written all over it

[Image: TEwaAme.png]

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 12-18-2014

I'm sure the movie will leak and will be available through internet, one way or another. And it should be. The irony would be sooooooo tasty if it had been one of the movies leaked when Sony got hacked, possibly by NK.

(12-17-2014, 10:32 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm more concerned about the lives on the innocent than some joker making a film that  has the term crossed the line written all over it

Crossed the line? North Korea is practically begging to be ridiculed. It's the stupid-kid-who-doesn't-know-he's-stupid of countries.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 12-18-2014

I'm all for ridiculing NK but it's one thing to ridicule but it's another when you make a movie about assassinating said dictator.

Also, didn't a familiar movie release call the great dictator and things didn't go well with Charlie Chaplin....

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 12-18-2014

We've had multiple movies about the assassination or death of a known leader. There are a ton of movies where the White House is destroyed with everyone inside. There is a movie about the death (and another one about the redeath) of Osama Bin Laden. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Chaplin himself said it the best: "I was determined to go ahead, for Hitler must be laughed at."

The same applies to North Korean leaders and their pure idiocy. The big difference is, though, that Hitler accomplished something, no matter how controversial it was. North Korea is just the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

Besides, it wasn't the controversy of the film itself that was the downfall of Chaplin, the movie made a ton of money and got multiple Oscar nominations. The part where it fell apart was the speech Chaplin concluded the film with. I doubt this movie would have had a ten-minute political speech at the end of it.

Quote:Chaplin himself said it the best: "I was determined to go ahead, for Hitler must be laughed at."

And determine he was, yet let us not forget that he also ridicule US too which is a big no-no during those time.

Quote:The same applies to North Korean leaders and their pure idiocy. The big difference is, though, that Hitler accomplished something, no matter how controversial it was. North Korea is just the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

This is where it falls apart, NK has EVERY right to be offended. Unlike the many individuals that ridicule NK on a daily basis, this ONE is a well known business and thus, EASY TARGETS.

Is NK action justify? Of course Fucking not.

Did Sony toke a risk? YES

Did Sony go through with the risk? NO because they give in to terrorism, which is beyond stupid that NK can cause 9/11 to happen

Honestly, if you want someone to blame,it's Sony. If you were going for a risk like THAT, you go all the way. Seriously, what does Sony have to lose now? They got hacked, what worse can NK do but give out a poorly made MS paint poster bitchin' about the movie.

Quote:Besides, it wasn't the controversy of the film itself that was the downfall of Chaplin, the movie made a ton of money and got multiple Oscar nominations. The part where it fell apart was the speech Chaplin concluded the film with. I doubt this movie would have had a ten-minute political speech at the end of it.

Contradictory statement :O

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-18-2014

Lets switch gears for a moment since this topic is taking a dangerous turn. If you guys want to sort this out about Korea and The Interview you're better off taking it off of a different topic. Now back on the movie subject.

What movies are you guys looking forward to that come out next year?

None, all the good ones are in 2016 :/

Probably Fantastic Four reboot but just for the audience reaction.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 12-18-2014

In 2015, I'd like to see:

Taken 3
The Spongebob Movie 2
Paul Blart 2
Age of Ultron
Jurassic World
Ant-Man
Pan
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Hitman
Jem and the Holograms
Star Wars VII
Mission: Impossible 5

And since Berry added 2016 movies:

Deadpool
Batman Vs Superman
Clifford, the Big Red Dog (It's live action? WHAT?!?)
Goosebumps
Captain America 3
Alice in Wonderland 2
X-Men: Apocalypse
Finding Dory
Independence Day 2
The Mummy
The Angry Birds movie
The BFG
Tarzan
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (F Yeah)

RE: At the Movies! - Zaliphone - 12-18-2014

I'm not sure when it comes out, but I'm so hyped for the next Captain America. He's by far my favorite superhero.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-18-2014

The only 2016 movie I can think of at the moment is Popeye. I'm looking forward to that one.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 12-19-2014

(12-18-2014, 07:50 PM)Berry Wrote:
Quote:Besides, it wasn't the controversy of the film itself that was the downfall of Chaplin, the movie made a ton of money and got multiple Oscar nominations. The part where it fell apart was the speech Chaplin concluded the film with. I doubt this movie would have had a ten-minute political speech at the end of it.

Contradictory statement :O

Wasn't even. The speech was not a part of the actual film, it was a speech added to the end of it. Had the movie been just that, a Hitler parody without a political speech at the end, it would've been fine.

I won't even bother with the rest because apparently that's "dangerous".

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 12-19-2014

Due to the event-that-shall-not-be-talked-about, an e-mail has been leaked that states Idris Elba (know for black Heimdall) is being considered for the next James Bond. Thoughts.

RE: At the Movies! - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-20-2014

Go for it. I've never seen a Bond film though, so don't take my thoughts too seriously.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 12-20-2014

So, apparently The Interview was leaked online. That's some special kind of irony right there.