VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-07-2015

Has anyone seen Shaun the Sheep yet? I heard it was pretty good.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 08-07-2015

Never heard of it. For some reason, when I read that title though, my first thought was Shaunic the Sheepdog.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 08-09-2015

Just got back from seeing Fant4stic (the Fantastic 4 Reboot).I have to say that it takes some time to build up the movie and there should have been 15 (give or take) more mintes to fight Doctor Doom at the end, but over all enjoyable.

The critics however.......
[Image: Excalibur_face_1.PNG]

You know you're in trouble when Pixels is beating you critic score wise.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-09-2015

(08-07-2015, 05:43 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Never heard of it. For some reason, when I read that title though, my first thought was Shaunic the Sheepdog.

The studio Aardman(Wallace and gromit, Chicken Run) made this movie. If you're familiar with their works, then you know this will be enjoyable. Here's the trailer for it

RE: At the Movies! - Boyobmas - 08-13-2015

(08-09-2015, 10:38 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 05:43 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Never heard of it. For some reason, when I read that title though, my first thought was Shaunic the Sheepdog.

The studio Aardman(Wallace and gromit, Chicken Run) made this movie. If you're familiar with their works, then you know this will be enjoyable. Here's the trailer for it

I saw it last week with my Grandpa and really liked it.
Makes me want more movies by Aardman.

I also saw Pixels. Yeah...

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 08-14-2015

I'm not even interested in seeing the new Fantastic Four. Not because it's getting bad reviews, I don't care about that in the slightest, I just don't care to watch a reboot of two films I liked that could've just have had a sequel. Same goes for Spiderman, I ain't watching yet another origin story, no matter how much I like the character.

RE: At the Movies! - G-Haven - 08-15-2015

(08-14-2015, 03:22 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Same goes for Spiderman, I ain't watching yet another origin story

Then good news, they're skipping that part it turns out;

Quote:"In Spider-Man's very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it's been - [thirteen] years - for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics," revealed Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, according to CraveOnline.

"It will not be an origin story. But, with great power comes great responsibility. It is inherent to who his character is. But we want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers," he went on to explain. "There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don't know it yet."

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 08-16-2015

Yeah I've read that but I don't trust them not to throw in at least some version of it.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-18-2015

Finally saw Antman. It was pretty awesome. I had a good time with it. It made me excited just watching it since I just found my new favorite Marvel movie.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 08-22-2015

I recently camed out of Misson Impossible:Rogue Nation, and it was quite fun. The action was great, the pace was great and surprisingly Simon Pegg was the only one that i could take seriously (Cruise is meh, Alec Baldwin was too like 30 Rock Alec Baldwin and the Villian sounded too goofy)

The lack of intense Tom Cruise hair critique in this thread saddens me,though.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-04-2015

Got around to seeing Shaun the Sheep. Fantastic movie. Aardman did it again on making a good animated film.

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 11:40 AM)CLXcool Wrote: Got around to seeing Shaun the Sheep. Fantastic movie. Aardman did it again on making a good animated film.

To be fair, you can never go wrong with anything from those guys.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 05:46 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 11:40 AM)CLXcool Wrote: Got around to seeing Shaun the Sheep. Fantastic movie. Aardman did it again on making a good animated film.

To be fair, you can never go wrong with anything from those guys.

So far the only Aardman movie that really made me feel disappointed was that Pirate movie from them. The idea of Aardman doing an animated feature about pirates sounded amazing, but in the end, the execution wasn't what I was hoping it would be. The characters were lifeless and the story was pathetic. Seriously, all the pirate wanted was to be 'pirate of the year' where's the likableness in a character like that if he just cared about a stupid trophy?

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-11-2015

We watched the Godfather two nights ago.

That film is absolutely sensational, and I can safely say that it's the only three-hour film where I haven't spent the last hour thinking "how long is this thing".

Next week, we're going to watch the second Godfather, which I've never seen. I hope it lives up to the first !

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-13-2015

(09-11-2015, 06:53 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: We watched the Godfather two nights ago.

That film is absolutely sensational, and I can safely say that it's the only three-hour film where I haven't spent the last hour thinking "how long is this thing".

Next week, we're going to watch the second Godfather, which I've never seen. I hope it lives up to the first !

Its Coppola's masterpiece. Plus he also got the author of the godfather to write the screenplay for this film. I should watch the film again soon, its been too long.