VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 10-15-2015

I'm unsure how new this is but I just saw the trailer for Ratchet & Clank: The Movie

I've never been the bigest fan of R&C, but I would be lieing if I said I was not hyped as shit for this movie. Having both villains (Chairman Drek and Dr. Nefarious) in the same movie is awsome. Plus they found away to put the Sheepinator into the movie is just plain cool. Now I just want them to add the R.Y.N.O. in as either the way to defeat Drek and/or Nefarious or as a one off gag.

That being said, the purest in me really doesn't like the fact that they changed Chairman Drek's voice. I know that they gave James Taylor the role of Ratchet in the movie and not Mikey Kelly (his original voice), but Taylor is better known for the role and does a better job. Drek just does not sound the same with out Kevin Michael Richardson. I'll just have to see if my opinion stays the same after seeing the movie. Also him having eyes bugs me as much as Sly and the gang having pants. It just looks wrong to a "fan" (or whatever I am). At lest Dr. Nefarious is in the movie with his original voice and I like the redesign for him.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 10-15-2015

I think it looks great. Hopefully it will come out before my birthday.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 10-16-2015

Looks fine.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-11-2015

I should have mentioned this earlier but time got in the way. I watched The Last Days Of Coney island. Even though its a short, it felt like a good movie to me. I'm only putting a spoiler for the trailer link since its R rated
 Its 22 minutes long. I've waited about ten years for this to be a reality. I heard about the project when I was in high-school, and Ralph was still looking for interest for funding. It wasn't until he turned to kickstarter to fund this project. In this day of age where we see nothing but CG animation that is all kids stuff, Ralph Bakshi goes back to his routes of cartooning with Coney Island, reminding people that animation can be more than a kids fare. It was worth waiting ten years to see this. It was beautiful. Simply beautiful. Its the kick in the pants that animation needed. I had to watch it a second time around to get things, but all and all, its a fantastic short film.

Here's a shot from the short that is a favorite shot of mine, there's a lot of emotion in this shot.
[Image: bakshi8.png]

RE: At the Movies! - RepentantSky - 11-15-2015

(10-15-2015, 05:55 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I'm unsure how new this is but I just saw the trailer for Ratchet & Clank: The Movie

I've never been the bigest fan of R&C, but I would be lieing if I said I was not hyped as shit for this movie. Having both villains (Chairman Drek and Dr. Nefarious) in the same movie is awsome. Plus they found away to put the Sheepinator into the movie is just plain cool. Now I just want them to add the R.Y.N.O. in as either the way to defeat Drek and/or Nefarious or as a one off gag.

That being said, the purest in me really doesn't like the fact that they changed Chairman Drek's voice. I know that they gave James Taylor the role of Ratchet in the movie and not Mikey Kelly (his original voice), but Taylor is better known for the role and does a better job. Drek just does not sound the same with out Kevin Michael Richardson. I'll just have to see if my opinion stays the same after seeing the movie. Also him having eyes bugs me as much as Sly and the gang having pants. It just looks wrong to a "fan" (or whatever I am). At lest Dr. Nefarious is in the movie with his original voice and I like the redesign for him.

You have no idea how excited I am for this. Not only to watch this movie, but play the reboot game. This is just, all too awesome for me as a fan from the start.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 12-17-2015

So I just went through every single DVD, Bluray and VHS I own. The total came to 442. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't more. I did include boxsets as just one item but I also have TV-shows on multiple DVDs and Blurays so I guess it balances out.

In case you are insane and want to see what I have, I made a list on this site: http://www.gameberry.net/user/kokoelma.php?1511281865=ELOKUVAT (In case you do, green text means tv-series, blue boxsets)

RE: At the Movies! - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-17-2015

I saw first showing of Star Wars Episode VII.
No spoilers, but better than the prequels.

RE: At the Movies! - Boyobmas - 12-19-2015

Just came back from seeing The Force Awakens. [No Spoilers]
In my opinion it was a really good and well made movie, but sets up the stage for even better sequels.

Though even though I really liked it, I have to admit it does rely a little to much on Episode 4 for plot devices. But I think that it fits, as like George Lucas said once said: "Star Wars is like poetry, it rhymes." 

What's new in this film works really well and hopefully Episodes 8 and 9 will focus more on a completely original story while still retaining it's nostalgic feel.

Also Kylo Ren is a really cool villain, he's basically what Anikan should have been in the prequels.

RE: At the Movies! - ClaudX - 12-30-2015

I made myself watch Mean Girls 2. I don't know why.

I don't see how critics do it. How could somebody watch movies as bad as that?

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 12-31-2015

(12-30-2015, 05:27 PM)ClaudX Wrote: I made myself watch Mean Girls 2. I don't know why.

They made a second one ?!?!

Give us the ClaudX review !

RE: At the Movies! - ClaudX - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 02:58 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 05:27 PM)ClaudX Wrote: I made myself watch Mean Girls 2. I don't know why.

Okay, here we go.

Mean Girls 2 came out in 2011. The original came out in 2004. That long of a gap means one of two things. Either it's a series worthy to have such a large gap between movies, or it's a shitfest thrown together to capitalize on an old favorite. I'm here to tell you that the latter is true. For anyone who has seen the original Mean Girls, they know the ending gave closure to the story. The cliques matter no more. The social status of the school is no longer a heavy hierarchy, with the plastics on top. The movie ends with a scene showing "junior plastics" entering the school, and Cadie states, "And if any freshman tried to disturb that peace, well, let's just say we know how to take care of it."

Fast forward to 2011. Remember everything that happened in the original? Throw all of that out of the window, as it clearly doesn't matter anymore. The only similarities between the two movies are the facts that it's the same school and the principal is the same. None of the other character return and no events are ever referenced. The movie begins with the protagonist of the movie describing each of the cliques, something that was abolished in the original movie. How could that happen if the principal is the same exact one that had to take care of the entire burn book incident?

The plot harks back to the original, but with some twists. The protagonist is a new girl at the school, Jo Mitchell, who is a tomboy that is constantly ridiculed in shop class for being just that. The new plastics are unoriginal stereotypes. The leader, Mandi Weatherly, is the extremely popular rich girl. Hope Plotkin is the hypochondriac, who believes germs cause ugliness. And the last plastic is outrageous. Her name is Chastity. Chastity Meyer is the whore of the group, constantly hooking up with every guy. The protagonist's sidekick throughout the movie is Abby Hanover, a rich girl who happens to live directly across from the leader of the plastics. The plot is fueled by her hatred for Abby, as she always managed to one-up her when they were younger.

Like the original movie, the plastics try to recruit Jo, but she turns them down, as she prefers to hang out with Abby. This makes the leader of the plastics hate her, so she has it out for her. Long story short, Jo and Abby manage to do the same thing they did in the original movie and bring her "army of skanks" against her. However, Jo begins to become a plastic, as well. Unlike the original movie, it isn't a gradual thing, but rather an overnight change of Jo from tomboy to plastic. Once they think they've defeated the plastics, the leader manages to frame Jo, just like the original. For some reason, she challenges the leader to a game of football in order to prove that she's the best at everything. Jo has the team of underdogs, and the plastics leader doesn't. They eventually prove that the plastic was behind the incident that framed Jo, and she has to go off and do community service. They all live happily ever after and Chastity joins the abstinence club.

The end.

The tone of the movie is very strange. It feels like a Disney channel movie, with its stereotypes and horrible acting, but you are reminded that it isn't every time the movie throws in harsh language. It feels so out of place and unnecessary. It's predictable and trite. It's your average teen clique movie with a Mean Girls logo slapped onto it, making you think that you're going to get the funny experience that you had the last time.

Don't watch it. It's on Netflix, so if you wish to, you may. That would mean you're bad at taking orders.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 01-06-2016

Saw Force Awakens. Verdict? Go see it!

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 01-07-2016

(12-31-2015, 01:49 PM)ClaudX Wrote:
(12-31-2015, 02:58 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:

Okay, here we go.

Mean Girls 2 came out in 2011. The original came out in 2004. That long of a gap means one of two things. Either it's a series worthy to have such a large gap between movies, or it's a shitfest thrown together to capitalize on an old favorite. I'm here to tell you that the latter is true.
It could be worse. You could take an 8 year old film, make a sequel that has no conection to the preveous film, hit all the beats the first one but worse, make almost everyone unlikeable, and have Larry the Cable Guy act in it. Why we needed a Jingle All the Way 2 and why Larry thought he was good enough actor to hold a film I will never know.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 01-07-2016

Claudx, at least you didn't have sit through a tv movie called Disney Decedents. There's time I'm never gonna get back.

RE: At the Movies! - ClaudX - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 05:40 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Claudx, at least you didn't have sit through a tv movie called Disney Decedents. There's time I'm never gonna get back.

Hey, now. Don't assume anything.

I had to watch that more than once. Not only do I hate it more than I should, but I also memorized the songs. Cursed movie.