VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 06:08 PM)ClaudX Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 05:40 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Claudx, at least you didn't have sit through a tv movie called Disney Decedents. There's time I'm never gonna get back.

Hey, now. Don't assume anything.

I had to watch that more than once. Not only do I hate it more than I should, but I also memorized the songs. Cursed movie.

Crud, I didn't think you had to sit through it as well. Welp. I guess I better spare the details then on why its bad, or should you do the honors then?

RE: At the Movies! - ClaudX - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 06:13 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:08 PM)ClaudX Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 05:40 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Claudx, at least you didn't have sit through a tv movie called Disney Decedents. There's time I'm never gonna get back.

Hey, now. Don't assume anything.

I had to watch that more than once. Not only do I hate it more than I should, but I also memorized the songs. Cursed movie.

Crud, I didn't think you had to sit through it as well. Welp. I guess I better spare the details then on why its bad, or should you do the honors then?

What can be said? It's a stale, predictable, and uneventful answer to the question, "What if Disney villains had children?" The story is boring, the characters are boring, the songs, which for a musical there was a strange lack of songs in numbers, are boring. There are better Disney channel movies to watch, like Let It Shine.

(01-07-2016, 06:45 PM)ClaudX Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:13 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:08 PM)ClaudX Wrote: Hey, now. Don't assume anything.

What can be said? It's a stale, predictable, and uneventful answer to the question, "What if Disney villains had children?" The story is boring, the characters are boring, the songs, which for a musical there was a strange lack of songs in numbers, are boring. There are better Disney channel movies to watch, like Let It Shine.

One of the things that bothered me was Cruella's race was changed for this. I know its supposed to be an alternate universe, but still that ain't no excuse(surprised the sjw's haven't complained to Disney about that). And for that cover of 'Be our guest' that was in this movie. Howard Ashman will be spinning in his grave to know that Disney butchered a song that he wrote for a mess like this. The only thing I can say anything good about this movie was the costuming and props. Disney is just trying too hard to get the money that Mattel is making with Ever After High, it doesn't help the fact that there is a sequel hook at the end of this movie.

RE: At the Movies! - ClaudX - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 07:09 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:45 PM)ClaudX Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:13 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Crud, I didn't think you had to sit through it as well. Welp. I guess I better spare the details then on why its bad, or should you do the honors then?

One of the things that bothered me was Cruella's race was changed for this. I know its supposed to be an alternate universe, but still that ain't no excuse(surprised the sjw's haven't complained to Disney about that). And for that cover of 'Be our guest' that was in this movie. Howard Ashman will be spinning in his grave to know that Disney butchered a song that he wrote for a mess like this. The only thing I can say anything good about this movie was the costuming and props. Disney is just trying too hard to get the money that Mattel is making with Ever After High, it doesn't help the fact that there is a sequel hook at the end of this movie.
They completed ruined the villains for this movie. I understand that they had to keep them alive for the sake of this movie, but they changed completely from their original movies. You already mentioned Cruella, Maleficent is a whiny bitch, Jafar became an idiot, and the Evil Queen became an obsessed mother. They dumbed them down and removed all traces of evil from them, which goes against the concept of the movie.

(01-07-2016, 07:19 PM)ClaudX Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 07:09 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:45 PM)ClaudX Wrote: What can be said? It's a stale, predictable, and uneventful answer to the question, "What if Disney villains had children?" The story is boring, the characters are boring, the songs, which for a musical there was a strange lack of songs in numbers, are boring. There are better Disney channel movies to watch, like Let It Shine.

They completed ruined the villains for this movie. I understand that they had to keep them alive for the sake of this movie, but they changed completely from their original movies. You already mentioned Cruella, Maleficent is a whiny bitch, Jafar became an idiot, and the Evil Queen became an obsessed mother. They dumbed them down and removed all traces of evil from them, which goes against the concept of the movie.
Let alone that they took out EVERYTHING on what made them good in the first place. I hate to be the one to say it but, if the movie had decent writing along with villains being like themselves(along with them teaching to be like them when they get older) maybe the movie wouldn't have sucked so much. Then again. I'm probably going to have to be forced to watch the sequel with my niece by the time the sequel comes on tv.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 01-15-2016

Earlier today. I watched a movie about the late Bettie page called The Notorious Bettie Page. What's interesting about this movie is that it felt like watching a biography about Bettie without the interviews. Along with the movie being shot completely in black and white(with some parts having color). The person who acted as Bettie Page fit the role on her like a glove(or in this case a tall pair of leather high heels).

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 01-15-2016

Independent Film Channel? I think that's where I watched it once.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 09:15 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: Independent Film Channel? I think that's where I watched it once.
HBO. And it came out around my birthday around 10 years ago. Now I'm know what I'm going to find on DVD then.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 02-14-2016

I enjoyed Deadpool. Its one of those movies I can't recommend to you unless you're of voting age, but I enjoyed it.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-14-2016

Gonna see Deadpool tomorrow. So no spoilers please.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 02-16-2016

Saw Deadpool yesterday with my older brother. I was so pumped for this movie. I came out of the movie very satifised and entertained on what I had witnessed. Deadpool does its own thing compared to most comic book based movies. Instead of being all 'dark and edgy'(looking at you Dark Knight) Deadpool reminds people that you can have fun with a comic book based movie that doesn't need to have dark and edgy themes as its main element. Most of the thing that is focused on here is its black comedy. How its written is what made the movie work for me. Ryan reynolds was born to play deadpool. Someone compared Deadpool as a homicidal version of Bugs Bunny, and that's what I can say to sum up Deadpool's character. He's a more violent version of Bugs Bunny, and I like it. If you haven't seen it. Go see it. You're in for one helluva ride with Deadpool.

Remember to stay after the credits too for a little surprise, and there's a cameo of Stan Lee(I won't say where he is though, but he did say he had a blast being in that one small scene).

RE: At the Movies! - Boyobmas - 04-01-2016

Might start a riot by saying this but...I actually thought Batman v Superman was okay. Not great and definitely flawed but still by no means a bad film. I would say I enjoyed large portions of it and I really don't see how it has a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes. I would give at least a 6/10, a solid starting place for the DC Film Expanded Universe.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 07:44 PM)Boyobmas Wrote: Might start a riot by saying this but...I actually thought Batman v Superman was okay. Not great and definitely flawed but still by no means a bad film. I would say I enjoyed large portions of it and I really don't see how it has a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes. I would give at least a 6/10, a solid starting place for the DC Film Expanded Universe.

I would go see it but I really think I saw everything from the trailers. What more can they throw at you? More fighting? More build up to the big fight? The death of a charicter everyone knows is going to die if they know who the monster is? Teaser for the next five movies? I'm pretty sure I know how the movie is going to play out.

If I did call it, this would be the second movie plot that I guessed without seeing the movie in the last year. The first was Star Wars.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 04-06-2016

So I saw Zootopia the other day. It was pretty cool. I don't plan on seeing Batman V Superman anytime soon since I heard that it makes Batman and Robin(the live-action movie) look like a masterpiece by comparison.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 04-09-2016

Guess what I just watched.