VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 06-19-2016

(06-18-2016, 10:43 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: Finding Dory. Every bit as good as Finding Nemo, if not better. That is all.

Also apparently not made for little kids. I think I saw twos kids all night and my friend said there were only 20-somethings at the theater he went to.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-19-2016

Someone I know who saw Finding Dory said that it was 'just old hat' from Pixar to have the finding home story done a few times.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-07-2016

So I ended up seeing Finding dory after all, the short film that played before it was cute(although it looked a bit too realistic coming from Pixar). If you look at the movie, it sort of explores that people have disabilities and they have to figure out how to cope with them with the rest of the world. But with animals. Its a better sequel I've seen since they actually worked with Dory here as a character rather than force something out for profits(cough Cars II cough).

Also saw a movie based off of the book The Picture of Dorian Grey but with the genders swapped called 'The Sins of Dorian Grey".

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-08-2016

George Takei Reacts To Recent 'Star Trek Beyond' News: "I Think It's Really Unfortunate"

And i agree with him. If you want more gay characters in media then make new gay characters instead of changing existing ones (a.k.a make a straight character gay).

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-11-2016

Submitted one minute ago, zero comments. What great and coincidental screenshot timing:

[Image: scr.png]

It's even funnier when you discover than the thread has been donwvoted into oblvion....LOL:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/comments/4s829p/ok_so_obviously_the_reviews_arent_as_bad_as_we/

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 07-11-2016

I don't get people. They show the best parts of the movie in the trailer: "I already know what this movie is going to show me. Better not watch it." They show next to nothing and show all the worst jokes: "What a horrable trailer. This movie is going to be shit. Better not watch it." We judged a movie on the cast and two trailers, and becuse it didn't have the best jokes in the movie, we deemed it bad months ago. Now we are being proven wrong. What a shock.

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-11-2016

Turns out the media got wind that CLXCool is in it -- instant box office success.

(07-11-2016, 01:36 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: We judged a movie on the cast and two trailers, and becuse it didn't have the best jokes in the movie, we deemed it bad months ago. Now we are being proven wrong. What a shock.

Uh? What are you even talking about? No one judge the movie because of the cast, they judge the movie because the trailer sucked and made the movie look stupid.

EDIT: did you even read the comments of the reddit thread? Like i said, they downvoted it into obvlivion.....

And the reason of why Ashley Lynch took the reddit screenshot despite the fact that the thread was submitted one minute ago with zero comments was because she wanted to make the Ghostbusters fanbase look like the bad guys, and THAT'S what the marketing of the movie was based on: make the fanbase look like mysogynists just because they didn't like a trailer of a all-female reboot.

In other words, Sony (or better say, the director of the film) should have reacted like this: "I understand people, but I don't control the marketing, I believe in the film, and I promise it's very different from what we see in the trailer."

But instead we got: "No the trailer doesn't suck, YOU SUCK."

This antagonism has kind of been weaved throughout all of Sony's interactions with fans, and it's been really disappointing to feel like alienating people who don't like the trailer is really the angle they have felt was the "winning"-side.

There hasn't really been an attempt to win over people that have been really disappointed by the marketing material, no attempt to say, "It's different from this, we promise, it's going to be great."

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 07-11-2016

I judged it because of the cast. I wasn't impressed by the trailers, but the cast was good. I still haven't seen the movie because I always wait, though.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 03:19 PM)Space Jockey Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 01:36 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: We judged a movie on the cast and two trailers, and becuse it didn't have the best jokes in the movie, we deemed it bad months ago. Now we are being proven wrong. What a shock.

Uh? What are you even talking about? No one judge the movie because of the cast, they judge the movie because the trailer sucked and made the movie look stupid.

EDIT: did you even read the comments of the reddit thread? Like i said, they downvoted it into obvlivion.....

And the reason of why Ashley Lynch took the reddit screenshot despite the fact that the thread was submitted one minute ago with zero comments was because she wanted to make the Ghostbusters fanbase look like the bad guys, and THAT'S what the marketing of the movie was based on: make the fanbase look like mysogynists just because they didn't like a trailer of a all-female reboot.

In other words, Sony (or better say, the director of the film) should have reacted like this: "I understand people, but I don't control the marketing, I believe in the film, and I promise it's very different from what we see in the trailer."

But instead we got: "No the trailer doesn't suck, YOU SUCK."

This antagonism has kind of been weaved throughout all of Sony's interactions with fans, and it's been really disappointing to feel like alienating people who don't like the trailer is really the angle they have felt was the "winning"-side.

There hasn't really been an attempt to win over people that have been really disappointed by the marketing material, no attempt to say, "It's different from this, we promise, it's going to be great."

No I read and I understood. The point I was making was for the people like me who didn't care about the cast being all female and seeing what they were going to do with the trailer. I've heard more people say that it sucked because it "wasn't very funny" i.e. didn't show any of the funny jokes. I was waiting for the movie to come out because I believe that (despite one of the actresses) the movie could be very funny.

Over all the point is that everyone pays way to much atition to the trailers. People saw Avatar and said "That shows too much, but it still looks good," but turned out pretty bad. While people saw Ghostbusters (which tried to show very little) and said "That going to suck," but now seem to like it. I know that when the Power Rangers trailer comes out, I'm going to bitch and moan, but I'm going to give it a shot because I love Power Rangers and a trailer is just going to show off what the makers want to.

(07-11-2016, 06:23 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: No I read and I understood. The point I was making was for the people like me who didn't care about the cast being all female and seeing what they were going to do with the trailer. I've heard more people say that it sucked because it "wasn't very funny" i.e. didn't show any of the funny jokes. I was waiting for the movie to come out because I believe that (despite one of the actresses) the movie could be very funny.

Over all the point is that everyone pays way to much atition to the trailers. People saw Avatar and said "That shows too much, but it still looks good," but turned out pretty bad. While people saw Ghostbusters (which tried to show very little) and said "That going to suck," but now seem to like it. I know that when the Power Rangers trailer comes out, I'm going to bitch and moan, but I'm going to give it a shot because I love Power Rangers and a trailer is just going to show off what the makers want to.

Even if people "care to much about trailers", it doens't justify Sony's attituted towards the Ghostbusters fanbase.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-12-2016

Saw the purge election year. Now I know what the world will be like once Donald or Hillary enters the white house.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-16-2016

[Image: uhKcnEK.jpg]

Empty theaters in Ghostbusters opening week, attacking your main audience with vile insults doesn't seem to be a good marketing strategy after all.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-16-2016

I saw Ghostbusters yesterday in the theater. The theater was half full. There were a few laughs in the film. And I enjoyed the movie. I even stayed after the credits(there's something big happening, and I won't say what it is). Haters can suck it. I enjoyed this movie.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-16-2016

(07-16-2016, 04:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I saw Ghostbusters yesterday in the theater. The theater was half full. There were a few laughs in the film. And I enjoyed the movie. I even stayed after the credits(there's something big happening, and I won't say what it is). Haters can suck it. I enjoyed this movie.

Good for you mate, but it doens't change the fact that the many people are angry becuase they were called "misogynists" or "sexist" by the people at Sony (including the film's director) because they talked trash about the movie and...well, the results are visible. :/

I mean, if you enyoyed the movie then it's cool and all but...do i really need to explain it?