VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-16-2016

Not at the cinema, but I've seen Zootopia twice in three days. Zero regrets, would watch again.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-17-2016

(07-16-2016, 05:15 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Not at the cinema, but I've seen Zootopia twice in three days. Zero regrets, would watch again.

I still need to get the DVD of Zootopia.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-17-2016

The official numbers for the Ghostbusters reboot has been revealed by Box Offfice Mojo

Honestly? Anything but the #1 spot is a loss for a beloved franchise like Ghostbusters, second to a movie The Secret Life of Pets in its second week and with star trek beyond coming out next week.

And then Jason Bourne the following week and Suicide Squad the week after that. Any momentum this movie has is pretty much over. :/

$46 million wouldn't be too bad if the budget matched that of the original, which was about $10 million under the budget of Deadpool, as far as I've read. But that's not the case. Hell, Finding Dory and Deadpool both did better on opening weekend than this one. :S

And no, i'm not a hater who wants this movie to fail, i'm a Ghostbusters fan who is worried about the future of this movie, simple as that.

EDIT: thanks to Kakariko Kid for the fix.

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 07-17-2016

The Secret Life of Pets.

It's also a double date - my wife and me, my older daughter and her boyfriend (damn I'm getting old)

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 07-18-2016

Got to watch Terminator Genisys yesterday. Not that bad. A pretty humorous movie with some nice action in place. If I had to say anything bad, the new Sarah (Emilia Clarke) looks way too young to play the part, which I know sounds strange because I think she may be a few years older then Linda Hamilton when she first played the role. Nothing agenst her since she is really good in this and (from what little I've seen of) Game of Thrones.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-23-2016

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 05:47 PM)Space Jockey Wrote:

First off Wonder Woman. Looks better then BvS, but at this point you would have to put her in pants, give her a country acent and say she's a christian before you get close to BvS. Not really sure what to think about it at the moment. I would like to see more to better form an opinion.

Next Marvel's Justice League. What a mood whiplash. One trailer that's the same DC darkness and then one that has the same humor as Suicide Squad. I'm alittle confused at what DC is trying to do. Are we going to make the team ups Marvel movies and solo (and vs) movies DC? I think I like this a little more, but I want to see more

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-25-2016

I cannot wait to see the killing joke tonight. This is going to be a cinematic masterpiece among cinema(If anyone as has seen it. No spoilers please).

RE: At the Movies! - BumblebeeCody - 07-25-2016

I lost it when that Wonder Woman theme started. That's good.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-25-2016

The Killing Joke WAS AMAZING. Mark Hamhill stole the show. The theater was packed. Everyone was laughing and applauding when the movie was over.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-26-2016

Batman: The Killing Joke grossed over 3 Million dollars in theaters in its one-night release.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 09:34 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: Batman: The Killing Joke grossed over 3 Million dollars in theaters in its one-night release.

This calls for a celebration!!!

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-27-2016

So the other day I was watching this movie called Bigger Stronger Faster*, which is basically a documentary on performance enhancing drugs and how they affected American culture (you could also say that is the other way around but whatever)

It was fascinating. It cracks open on why many people are using said substances, exploring both sides of the argument and letting the audience decide whether or not steroids have been overly vilified up. The classic side effects of steroids (acne, uncontrollable anger, loss of fertility, etc.) are not only discussed but clearly displayed by the drug's defenders even as they argue against these afflictions.

Go see it if you haven't.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-27-2016

(07-24-2016, 05:59 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: but at this point you would have to put her in pants, give her a country acent and say she's a christian before you get close to BvS.

I don't get it, are you saying that Wonder Woman should be covered up in order to not offend SJW's? I'm missing something?

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 11:39 AM)Space Jockey Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 05:59 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: but at this point you would have to put her in pants, give her a country acent and say she's a christian before you get close to BvS.

I don't get it.....

To break it down:

Pants:
People don't like this design for Diana. I don't understand why they don't, but they don't. Personally, I like the pants, but to each their own.
[Image: newwwcostume.jpg?w=600]
Country Accent:

She would not be from Themyscira, a fictional GREEK island. While she probably sounds American (I'm not sure what that sounds like) in the movie, it probbly sounds better then if she was British or had a country accent, or any other accent other then Greek (which I'm not sure what that sounds like).

Christian:
As stated before, Diana is Greek and was given gifts from the Greek gods (Beauty from Aphrodite, Strength from Demeter, Wisdom from Athena, Speed (and Flight in later years) from Hermes, Eyes of the Hunter from Artemis, and Truth from Hestia). If you made Wonder Woman Christian or Atheist, you would take away the most important of her mithos.

BVS:
Don't think I have to explain this one. Not alot of people like Batman vs Superman.