VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 07-27-2016

So I watched this movie called Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter. It's was pretty "okay-ish",really, nothing out of the ordinary. Just a fun little tale of a ramdon Japanese girl who took the ending of 1996' Fargo way too seriously. If you are bored and have nothing better to do them I guess you could give this movie a shot.

BTW, Kumiko is not an Anime movie.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 07-27-2016

I think I might see the suicide squad on a matinee night.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 07-31-2016

Saw the new Star Trek movie. Not a big fan of Star Trek but the movie is still enjoyable. Not really a spoiler: I like how they address the death of Dr. Leonard Nimoy. Hope it's not a spoiler: the use of Sabotage got me laughing.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-02-2016

Critics are complaining about Suicide squad being 'too violent' is like comparing it to 'The Dark Knight'....No shit its violent. Its rated PG13 for a reason.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 08-02-2016

I've heard the opposite complaint. People were saying it was hampered by pg13

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-02-2016

They should know that it wasn't going to be an R rated film like deadpool. Im pretty certain that the director confirmed that there isn't an R rated cut of the film.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-10-2016

So i watched this movie called Rango and...yeah, it was pretty good.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-10-2016

I enjoyed Suicide Squad a lot more than I should've.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 08-14-2016

Salty about the Pete's Dragon remake; really wish it didn't exist.

I know the original film is crazy dated, but it's my favorite Disney film of all time. This one only uses the names "Pete" and "Elliott" and changes everything else. No evil hillbillies, fake doctors, lighthouse, or musical numbers. Just another Fern Gully remake except this time with a dragon that looks more feline.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 08-16-2016

I was really hesitant to watch a movie from 1947 because I assumed it would be super boring, but I have to highly recommend The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

I have these stereotypes for how characters are going to act depending on the time period, so I was honestly shocked that the leading lady openly admits she didn't love her recently passed husband and that her daughter just sort of "happened" (you never see her really engaging with her daughter).

Instead of living with her in-laws, Mrs. Muir decides she wants her independence and moves with her daughter to a house that's haunted and people don't even last a week in. She ends up befriending the ghost of a sea captain who accidentally brought about his own demise. From there he helps her with money problems by telling her his life story to make into a book and she decides what to do with her life from there.

I honestly adored Mrs. Muir. She's the type who just wants to chill by herself and feels loneliest when she's amongst other people instead of when she's with herself.

There was a TV series based on the movie that keeps Mrs. Muir, the captain, her daughter, and the housekeeper, but also gives her a son for some reason. I guess Charles Nelson Riley is in it as well. I've sadly not been able to catch much of it, but I'm very interested. I found out someone has it on YouTube so I'll have to binge on it sometime.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-16-2016

Saw Sausage Party. I hated it. I'll let my tumblr review do the talking to spare you all the horrid details.

(08-16-2016, 08:39 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Saw Sausage Party. I hated it. I'll let my tumblr review do the talking to spare you all the horrid details.

Hahaha... Not surprised at all considering the folks who were involved.

The TV show is freaking amazing, so if they could think up a good idea to fill about an hour and half, I really hope that someday there's a Rick and Morty movie. Now that's something that needs to be on the big screen and could start giving R animated flicks a good rep.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-16-2016

Hex. Any R rated film that has a good written story that isn't just crammed with pop culture references and swearing is a good movie in my book. A rick and morty movie would be a warm welcome. Now since this is successful. I can imagine that The Goon(a CGI film based off of the comic by Eric Powell) may finally get some Hollywood funding.

(08-16-2016, 08:51 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Hex. Any R rated film that has a good written story that isn't just crammed with pop culture references and swearing is a good movie in my book. A rick and morty movie would be a warm welcome. Now since this is successful. I can imagine that The Goon(a CGI film based off of the comic by Eric Powell) may finally get some Hollywood funding.

Very true, but I was just thinking about something that could realistically make it to theaters. I actually just went through a list of above PG animated films to refresh my memory. Of course there's a ton of anime in there, but only Princess Mononoke from that hit my local theater.

The rest weren't all that memorable, IMO. The South Park movie was pretty good and I never saw Simpsons since I wasn't a fan, but I've heard that "Spider Pig" song. Other ones I liked were really niche films like The Triplets of Bellville, but not a lot of people are going to sit through a film with no dialog.

Ugh... Just makes me sad again that Don Bluth had such a hard time with his movies. Pair him up with a better storyteller and there would have been an older audience animated movie to see. 

But yeah... I was annoyed just seeing the Sausage Part trailer. That was really something awful you endured >< The immaturity alone drove me up a wall.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 08-17-2016

(08-16-2016, 08:39 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Saw Sausage Party. I hated it. I'll let my tumblr review do the talking to spare you all the horrid details.

I still can't believe that Sony Pictures didn't show any support for Genndy Tartakovsky's Popeye movie, yet they let THIS abomination go through barely any issue. But then again, it is Sony Pictures. It's kind of their thing to make the absolute worst film-making decisions humanly possible.