VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - retrolinkx - 08-17-2016

(08-16-2016, 08:39 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Saw Sausage Party. I hated it. I'll let my tumblr review do the talking to spare you all the horrid details.

Honestly, I never understood why people thought it was going to be good?

It looked awful from the trailer, and the whole premise was just dumb "Hey, it's a kids film but actually it's not it's super dark and edgy ;^)"

Plus, The Simpsons already parodied it years before it was created.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-18-2016

(08-16-2016, 08:39 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Saw Sausage Party. I hated it. I'll let my tumblr review do the talking to spare you all the horrid details.

There's something about your review that is quite....intriguing.Basically, i'm talking about this sentece:

Quote:It really doesn’t help the fact that all of the animators who worked on this got treated badly. They’re human, but they don’t deserve to be treated like crap (as well as not being credited) especially working on something as crappy as this.

Could you please provide a source for that?

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-19-2016

This should answer your question Space
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/08/17/for-audiences-sausage-party-was-a-laugh-riot-for-some-animators-it-was-a-nightmare/

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 08-19-2016

I finally watched Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Not bad. I think Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Wonder Woman and Flash should have had their movies before this one, though. I guess it was set up to be different from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
I really, really enjoyed Jesse Eisenberg's performance.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-19-2016

(08-19-2016, 09:04 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I finally watched Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Not bad. I think Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Wonder Woman and Flash should have had their movies before this one, though. I guess it was set up to be different from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That's my main problem with the movie, it tries to be "Batman v Superman", "The Justice League", "Wonder Woman" and "The death of Superman", when Batman versus Superman would have been more than enough.

(08-19-2016, 09:04 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I really, really enjoyed Jesse Eisenberg's performance.

Really? Because to me, Lex Luthor in the movie was basically a bad Heath Ledger Joker copy.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 08-20-2016

(08-19-2016, 10:50 PM)Space Jockey Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 09:04 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I finally watched Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Not bad. I think Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Wonder Woman and Flash should have had their movies before this one, though. I guess it was set up to be different from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That's my main problem with the movie, it tries to be "Batman v Superman", "The Justice League", "Wonder Woman" and "The death of Superman", when Batman versus Superman would have been more than enough. And let's not talk about the fact that Lex Luthor is basically a bad Heath Ledger Joker copy in the BvS movie.

In other words: i agree with the Nostalgia Critic.

So you're saying that they should have taken their time and made a good Batman and Superman movie(s) insted of makeing 8 movies in one to catch up to the Avengers? Parish the thought. I just wanted a good Superman movie since there's been like one really good movie (two, but one that has help up to time).

As for Jesse Eisenberg, He wasn't a bad choice, he just played it the wrong way. He could have pulled off this silent businessman who schemed but was still charismatic. Just tell him to play it as Mark Zuckerberg but more personality. Hell, he didn't even have to shave his head like Gene Hackmen didn't.

RE: At the Movies! - The Table Destroyer - 08-20-2016

Don´t call me childish.
pogo pogo pogo pogo Bounce!ogo pogo pogo pogo pogo pogo pogo Bounce!and then again

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-20-2016

Wonder woman is going to be much MUCH better than Batman V Superman. You can count on it.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-20-2016

(08-20-2016, 10:53 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: So you're saying that they should have taken their time and made a good Batman and Superman movie(s) insted of makeing 8 movies in one to catch up to the Avengers? Parish the thought.

Don't really understand what are you trying to say by "Parish the thought".

(08-20-2016, 10:53 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I just wanted a good Superman movie since there's been like one really good movie (two, but one that has help up to time).

That's pretty much what I am saying, i wanted to see a batman vs superman movie, not some weird salad of 4 different ones.

(08-20-2016, 10:53 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: As for Jesse Eisenberg, He wasn't a bad choice, he just played it the wrong way. He could have pulled off this silent businessman who schemed but was still charismatic.

Couldn't say it better myself.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 08-20-2016

(08-20-2016, 03:00 PM)Space Jockey Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 10:53 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: So you're saying that they should have taken their time and made a good Batman and Superman movie(s) insted of makeing 8 movies in one to catch up to the Avengers? Parish the thought.

Don't really understand what are you trying to say by "Parish the thought".
Parish the thought, a way of saying "Do not even consider thinking of such a thing." A sarcastic "I would have never thought about it." Basically I was just being a smart ass.

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 08-20-2016

Oh well. It is what it is. Maybe when the other Supes get their movies, they will tie in or be a prequel- type to tie in with the footage Bruce Wayne watched.

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 08-21-2016

(08-20-2016, 12:23 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Wonder woman is going to be much MUCH better than Batman V Superman. You can count on it.

I dunno, I'm really not buying into any of these DC trailers until they prove me wrong at this point. I will say that WW certainly looks more interesting than anything in DC's latest binder, but I feel like that's more due to her having an intrinsically far more interesting backstory than Supes or Batman. Not to mention that the Justice League trailer looks like complete ass.

I didn't hate Sausage Party, went to see it with my dad and we had a good time. I'm not a huge Seth Rogan fan either (The Interview was 100% utter shit imo) but the movie itself had a few great moments mixed in with some terrible ones, and all in all, I'm glad I saw it. Not like I'll ever watch it again, but there are far worse "adult-animation" comedy flicks out there.

I just watched Kubo and the Two Strings earlier tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. The animation was fantastic and I'm really glad that I finally managed to see a Laika film on the big screen. The story itself was actually really well developed and had a lot of meta-commentary on stories and movie cliches in general. It doesn't beat you over the head with them, but it's incredibly well crafted and the entire thing was just a joy to watch unfold. My only problems are that a few elements are reaaaaly predictable, which wasn't horrifying or anything, just a little off-putting since the rest of the story has a really neatly carved narrative path, and that in a few scenes the animation was a lot less detailed than in the rest of the film. Just a couple of times near the beginning when an old lady is talking, you can tell that they sort of rushed her rig and the animation has a few less frames than desirable. Outside of those nitpicks, it was a truly fantastic film and I can't reccomend it highly enough.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-24-2016

I finally watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Really liked it. Brad Pitt did a good job with the part of "Benjamin Button", despite the fact that he didn't have to do much...Benjamin, fittingly, is a rather quiet character (I'd be willing to bet he narrates more than he actually talks in the film).

But the thing I like the most about this movie is the overall message: "It's never too late to learn something new/fulfill your dreams".

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-24-2016

Saw Kubo and the two strings last night. It was amazing. It was such a nice of air of good quality animation compared that washed away the horrids that I witnessed of cursing food.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 08-25-2016

(08-24-2016, 08:56 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Saw Kubo and the two strings last night. It was amazing. It was such a nice of air of good quality animation compared that washed away the horrids that I witnessed of cursing food.

This one I did plan to see! The review in the paper really fleshed in what I was in for more than the preview and got me excited to see it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!