VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-25-2016

(08-25-2016, 02:34 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(08-24-2016, 08:56 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Saw Kubo and the two strings last night. It was amazing. It was such a nice of air of good quality animation compared that washed away the horrids that I witnessed of cursing food.

This one I did plan to see! The review in the paper really fleshed in what I was in for more than the preview and got me excited to see it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

The stop motion animation in this is really amazing Hex. Stay for the first few minutes of the credits, you'll be amazed about this movie.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-28-2016

Seth Rogen wants to do more cartoons

Find a better studio to do the job. And count me away from these since I hated Sausage Party. Leave the cartoons(film, short, or even a show) to ACTUAL cartoonists. Not idiots like this stoner twit who's known for only live-action comedies.

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 08-28-2016

Yeah, his movies are pretty shitty for me too, but they clearly have an audience.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-28-2016

If people like them. I'll let them, but still. If any of those other adult cartoons get approved then Seth better put some effort into the script for me to give a damn about it. If that doesn't happen. I have another Seth to blame for giving adult animation a bad name since Seth Macfarlane.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-28-2016

So the Russians are creating their (first) own superhero movie called "Guardians":

Your thoughs?

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 08-28-2016

I saw Sausage Party...needless to say, it sucked big time. Luckily, I plan on seeing Kubo next in order to recover from it.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 08-29-2016

(08-28-2016, 10:22 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: I saw Sausage Party...needless to say, it sucked big time. Luckily, I plan on seeing Kubo next in order to recover from it.

Did you demand your money back after how bad it was retr0? Also. Kubo is pretty good. It should do the trick to make it up from the crap that you witnessed. It worked on me.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 05:44 AM)CLXcool Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 10:22 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: I saw Sausage Party...needless to say, it sucked big time. Luckily, I plan on seeing Kubo next in order to recover from it.

Did you demand your money back after how bad it was retr0? Also. Kubo is pretty good. It should do the trick to make it up from the crap that you witnessed. It worked on me.

No, but now that you mention it, I probably should have.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 09-05-2016

Huh... I thought we had a thread for just horror movies, but I guess not.

Anyway! I wish they had a better selection, but Netflix still gives me a chance to see horror movies. With how I am sometimes I need a break during a movie to calm down if it's really got me scared/disturbed, which is something you can't do if you see it in a theater.

People really don't seem to like and it's got a low rating, but I very much enjoyed the movie Creep. Yes, it's very predictable, but still good fun watching (then again I'm a sucker for found footage movies). The less is more approach with only two actors works very well. The "creep" in this story is unsettling from beginning to end with how he toys with the fellow who just wanted a quick job filming.

American Mary was always one I was curious about but there were no many "Nope" things I'd heard about. The film revolves around body modification and yet there were only a few points where I looked away. All except one of the "patients" is voluntary, but he totally deserves it. Great to see a horror flick with a powerful female lead.

Netflix only had the sequel, so I had to look elsewhere to see the first Grave Encounters film. It made me super uncomfortable because what happens is a film crew gets trapped inside a sentient asylum. No food, water, and stuff that's out to kill them makes for an uneasy viewing experience.

Last is Housebound, which I LOVED. Not really a horror flick, just a little creepy, and has some dark humor as well. A young lady is sent back to live with her mother and her boyfriend after being placed under house arrest and some odd things start to occur, but it may not actually be a ghost with malicious intent.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-07-2016

I don't believe I ever gave my thoughts about The Killing Joke. I saw it on the big screen when it had the limited theatrical run and I personally loved it. I revisited the film after I found out about how people were sort of ticked off after they found out about one particular scene with Batgirl. Now. I will say that scene didn't actually bother me since I've seen worse things to complain about on film. But if you look at it more closely. Batgirl wanted a bigger piece of the action that Batman was getting when it came to fighting crime. In the end. She ended up getting the bite that she couldn't chew, and she turned in the cape. Now, the writing on that could've been a bit better. 

One thing that really made this movie for me was(you guessed it) Mark Hamhill's performance as the joker for this. He literally steals the show for it. I think it was better that they adapted this as an animated film rather than making it a live-action film. It wouldn't have the same feel of the shocking elements that happened in the comic. Now. I haven't read the comic but I do plan on reading it soon after watching this. I personally felt like this was the fresh air I needed, and this would've been the PERFECT way to kickstart the idea of bringing back adult animation to theaters rather than relying ona stoner comedy about food. But alas, it was only released for a limited release(which thankfully managed to make back its budget).

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 12:51 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I don't believe I ever gave my thoughts about The Killing Joke. I saw it on the big screen when it had the limited theatrical run and I personally loved it. I revisited the film after I found out about how people were sort of ticked off after they found out about one particular scene with Batgirl. Now. I will say that scene didn't actually bother me since I've seen worse things to complain about on film. But if you look at it more closely. Batgirl wanted a bigger piece of the action that Batman was getting when it came to fighting crime. In the end. She ended up getting the bite that she couldn't chew, and she turned in the cape. Now, the writing on that could've been a bit better. 

One thing that really made this movie for me was(you guessed it) Mark Hamhill's performance as the joker for this. He literally steals the show for it. I think it was better that they adapted this as an animated film rather than making it a live-action film. It wouldn't have the same feel of the shocking elements that happened in the comic. Now. I haven't read the comic but I do plan on reading it soon after watching this. I personally felt like this was the fresh air I needed, and this would've been the PERFECT way to kickstart the idea of bringing back adult animation to theaters rather than relying ona stoner comedy about food. But alas, it was only released for a limited release(which thankfully managed to make back its budget).

In my honest opinion, that are Batman stories that are much more worthy of a feature-length adaptation. I would do anything to see an adaptation of A Serious House on Serious Earth or No Man's Land.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-08-2016

It would be nice if DC comics just did something else for their animated and live-action line up of movies. I know I personally would like to see a Plasticman movie as well as a proper Catwoman movie. Rather than see another Batman film adapted to screen.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 09-10-2016

I'm not crazy super into Superhero movies(especially with DC) and these Summer Blockbusters have been mostly disappointments. The exception being films like Don't Breathe and Hell or High Water. I seriously hope these original movie trend flourishes and Franchise movies take the backseat*looking at Batman&Friends Universe*

RE: At the Movies! - BumblebeeCody - 09-13-2016

I saw Hell or High Water. It's a good film. Nothing super hype ultra amazing. If you wanna see just a good film that knows it's target audience and doesn't try to be anything better, then yeah, this is a film for you. Especially with all the crap we've had lately. I went to see this film just from seeing the poster and seeing the Rotten Tomatoes score. Very good

(09-07-2016, 12:51 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I don't believe I ever gave my thoughts about The Killing Joke. I saw it on the big screen when it had the limited theatrical run and I personally loved it. I revisited the film after I found out about how people were sort of ticked off after they found out about one particular scene with Batgirl. Now. I will say that scene didn't actually bother me since I've seen worse things to complain about on film. But if you look at it more closely. Batgirl wanted a bigger piece of the action that Batman was getting when it came to fighting crime. In the end. She ended up getting the bite that she couldn't chew, and she turned in the cape. Now, the writing on that could've been a bit better. 

Eh I hated it. The film didn't actually realise what made the comic so good. Also, also of the crap regarding Batgirl was hugely insulting to the character.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-15-2016

Margot Robbie co-producing Harley Quinn solo film