VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 09:43 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 09:37 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 12:10 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Cabin in the Woods was on TV. I get why it was given 2 stars now.

It's a real bummer because I like the idea behind it a lot; the execution was just not great. I was eager to watch it since I liked Cube Zero so much but this fell flat on the victim side while being fairly entertaining on the observer side. I can't really come up with an example of how the film could have been improved. It's one of those things where you know a film is missing something but can't exactly put your finger on what.

I thoroughly enjoyed Cabin in the Woods, and although usually I despise this defense with a burning passion, the shitty victim characters were sorta the point, especially when they get into how the observers were screwing with their brain chemistry and hormones the entire time. It's not a perfect movie or anything, the CG especially is god awful in a few places, but it definitely felt like a well crafted love/hate letter to horror films.

Oh, I don't disagree with that. I think that what kind of ruined it for me is that the film was so unique in a lot of areas and then when it came to the victims being terrorized/killed I wish it had been a bit more creative instead of the monsters just being bland zombie/hillbillies that used sharp instruments to attack.

Every scene in the lab I enjoyed. I guess with all the monsters at their disposal I didn't expect all the cabin stuff to happen so fast and in such typical ways. 

I hope that makes more sense.
 OH yeah for sure, sorry thought you were dumping on the characters (He's a sociology major!), your complaint is 400% on point. Except for the motorcycle scene, that was fantastic.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 10-10-2016

The trailer for Power Rangers looks like Chronicle(only found footage movie I genuinely liked) morphed with The Breakfast Club(the only movie example taking place in Detention,apparently) and I'm not sure if that's a good thing, especially if this takes away the action scenes and tries to be something else beside being Power Rangers. Especially because it looks inspired by a certain shitty fanfilm.

At least there is John Wick 2 look forward if the other is bad. 

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 10-10-2016

http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/get-a-first-look-at-the-emoji-movie-emojimovie.html
Sony Pictures...for the love of all things great in the film industry, get some proper, competent upper management.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 10:48 AM)Berry Wrote: The trailer for Power Rangers looks like Chronicle(only found footage movie I genuinely liked) morphed with The Breakfast Club(the only movie example taking place in Detention,apparently) and I'm not sure if that's a good thing, especially if this takes away the action scenes and tries to be something else beside being Power Rangers. Especially because it looks inspired by a certain shitty fanfilm.

I really have no idea how to feel about the movie. On one hand, it looks nothing like a Power Rangers movie (so far), instead going for a dramatic teen sci-fi movie. IMO it looks like it wants to be an Animorphs movie instead of a Power Ranger movie. NO WAIT! I know what this reminds me of! Shin Kamen Rider. The gritty Kamen Rider remake that took the idea of "Mutated human with a grasshopper theme" to the worst extreme.

On the other hand.... I kinda like the idea of what they are trying to do. I mean they are suppose to be "teenagers with attitude" right? I can kinda see that in the teaser. Rita is scary and it does suit this version of her. I want to see more of this movie because I want to be proven wrong about it looking shitty.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 10-11-2016

They've already released a poster for the emoji movie. So Sony animation canned Genndy's take on Popeye, as well as Lauren Faust's take on the greek myth of Medusa...to produce an animated film of Emojis? No wonder why the industry of animation is considered as a joke.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 10-11-2016

(10-11-2016, 09:49 PM)CLXcool Wrote: They've already released a poster for the emoji movie. So Sony animation canned Genndy's take on Popeye, as well as Lauren Faust's take on the greek myth of Medusa...to produce an animated film of Emojis? No wonder why the industry of animation is considered as a joke.

At this point, I don't know why Sony even bothers making movies anymore. Their current line-up is absolutely pitiful, they have practically no franchises of their own to rely on, they're constantly at odds with their employees, and they can't even make a good film without having to rely on someone else to make sure that they don't fuck it up.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 10-12-2016

Polish film director Andrzej Wajda dies

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 10-14-2016

Am I the only one who thinks that Marvel will be the only company who truly got the "shared movie universe" thing down years from now?

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 10-14-2016

That's quite possible. DC better get on the ball.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 10-16-2016

So...is anyone going to see that Max Steel movie?

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 10-17-2016

(10-16-2016, 12:31 AM)retr0pia75 Wrote: So...is anyone going to see that Max Steel movie?

Not me. That's for sure.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 10-18-2016

So there's an actual Captain Planet movie in the works, and it's being produced by LEONARDO DICAPRIO of all people. Apparently it's going to be something along the lines of a parody.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-planet-movie-leonardo-dicaprio-938852

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 12:45 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: So there's an actual Captain Planet movie in the works, and it's being produced by LEONARDO DICAPRIO of all people. Apparently it's going to be something along the lines of a parody.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-planet-movie-leonardo-dicaprio-938852

I wonder if he saw those Captain Planet parodies from Robot chicken to do this.

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 10-18-2016

Maybe he saw this fan-made trailer on YouTube?

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 10-18-2016

As far as I know. Ted Turner was trying to get a live-action film based off of the ground ever since the cartoon of Captain planet ended. I really can't believe that he really sucked up to liking that mess of a show.