VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-11-2016

Hugh Jackman Took a Paycut to Ensure Logan Could Be Rated R

It's going to be sad watching Hugh Jackman hang up his claws after this film (unless those Deadpool/Wolverine rumors amount to anything). But I'm really glad he's doing everything in his power to make sure it's the best Wolverine film possible.

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 06:05 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: Hugh Jackman Took a Paycut to Ensure Logan Could Be Rated R

It's going to be sad watching Hugh Jackman hang up his claws after this film (unless those Deadpool/Wolverine rumors amount to anything). But I'm really glad he's doing everything in his power to make sure it's the best Wolverine film possible.

I thought to myself "I swear I've read those exact words not 20 minutes ago"
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5hs6f4/hugh_jackman_took_a_paycut_to_ensure_logan_could/

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-12-2016

(12-11-2016, 07:13 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(12-11-2016, 06:05 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: Hugh Jackman Took a Paycut to Ensure Logan Could Be Rated R

I thought to myself "I swear I've read those exact words not 20 minutes ago"
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5hs6f4/hugh_jackman_took_a_paycut_to_ensure_logan_could/

Oh snap, someone figured out my shameless copypasta!!

*Goes back into hiding*

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-14-2016

Well, looks like a new Christopher Nolan movie is coming out soon!

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 12-14-2016

Ugh. Saw that there's a trailer for Despicable Me 3. The first films wasn't too bad, and I liked the dark humor in some spots (Plus I'm a sucker for stories about a villain type character warming up to and taking care of someone else), but my god is Lucy super annoying. There was nothing that great about the second film and I'll be giving this one a huge pass.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-14-2016

^Trey Parker(Yes, the Trey Parker from South Park) is voicing the new bad guy for this. The trailer didn't look too bad, but judging how the bad guy sounded. Trey was using his impersonation of Michael Jackson for this.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 08:33 PM)CLXcool Wrote: ^Trey Parker(Yes, the Trey Parker from South Park) is voicing the new bad guy for this. The trailer didn't look too bad, but judging how the bad guy sounded. Trey was using his impersonation of Michael Jackson for this.

I actually liked the trailer for the second movie and enjoyed how it started; Gru dressing up as a princess for his kid was sweet and hilarious. However it went downhill from there. Kids gotta have a mother and father, of course, so have to throw in a love interest. Like I said, I can't stand Lucy, so that killed how already "meh" the film was.

There were some good bits in this trailer as well but I'm not paying to go see it.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 12-18-2016

I just saw The Deadshot and Harley Quinn Movie ft the Suicide Squad. I can't say I hated it. I would have rather have had a movie that focused on every member instead of the most known villan (Harley) and Will Smith (Deadshot). Also I don't know much about Deadshot, but I don't really like his character. All this talk about Harley Quinn being ruined (which I don't really think so, not compared to the Enchantress) and all I can think about is how Deadshot is basically a hero that does bad things instead of being a bad guy. It's Will Smith playing Will Smith, the good hearted assassin.

Other then that, I liked it. I'm in the base that says it's good, but I'm also in the camp that says that it could have been better. If I had to give it a score, 6/10. Better then SvB and most likely going to be better then Justice League.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-19-2016

So yesterday I watched Keanu Reeves's Man of Tai-Chi. It was a great movie. If you enjoy "Ip Man" or you are one of those guys who watches Chinese movies with English subtitles, then you will enjoy this movie. There a clear progressiveness to the movie, nothing too cheesy or corny. Actions scenes were great! Decent story line. The main actor was good. Overall good flick to watch at home. I would recommend this movie if you like Donnie Yen or Jet li.

Fun fact: "Man of Tai-Chi" was Keanu Reeves's directorial debut.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 12-20-2016

This trailer melted my mind.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 12-20-2016

Rogue One is a good movie. It's amazing how well they could make it look new but also like it came from the original trilogy. I'll always say that a good practical effect can make a movie look amazing.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 12-20-2016

Sony Pictures Executive: *coughs from inhaling weed* Hey...what if there was an animated movie...about EMOJIS???

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-20-2016

My thoughts of the emoji movie. 
[Image: tumblr_oiigarCr0I1uvty2ho1_1280.jpg]

We could've had Popeye(From Genndy Tartavosky) and Medusa(from Lauren Faust) but instead. Sony focuses on current trends over artistic talent. I hope this bombs, terribly.

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 12-20-2016

Aww, I kinda like the little chap; he's just chilling out.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-20-2016

This looks like a pure executive move. No animator could think of something THIS bad.