VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-11-2017

Speaking of, I would love to see Idris Elba as the next James Bond.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-12-2017

(04-11-2017, 06:41 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: ^I pretty much ignore anybody that complains about casting in a movie. Most people don't do research on a character before bitching about them. This guy is white, the movie is racist even though the move takes place in Iceland. You can complain about casting all you want, just remember that Heimdallr, the "Whitest of the Gods" in Asgard, was played by Idris Elba and he did a good job doing it.

The internet needs more people like you: people with common sense.

(04-11-2017, 08:33 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Another one of those 'debates' about people complaining about an actor playing a role regardless of their skin?

No offense, but what part of "she is wearing make-up in the picture above" is hard to understand?

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-14-2017

The trailer for the new Star Wars is out !

I don't watch'em, so I won't link it so as not even see a screenshot !

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-15-2017

For the first time I watched a movie Starring/featuring actor Al Pacino: Carlito's Way.

The story is very good and believable, the problems for Carlito (Al Pacino) are very typical for someone in his position and the relationships are all very convincing. The fact that Edwin Torres based his characters on real people and that events in the film are inspired by real life (yup, I actually did my research after watching the movie), really help Carlito's Way to be a credible film. Al Pacino's performance was really spot-on, along with that of Penelope Ann Miller and Sean Penn (his character "David Kleinfeld" is a good example about how character evolution doens't always has to be in a positive light).

And while is true that there are only two actions scenes in the movie (a bit short considering belongs to the ganster genre), the content is good enough to make up for this. Besides, the two shootouts are very good scenes anyway, especially the last one as the tension build up is so intense.

Fun Fact: In Spain the movie was named "Atrapado por su pasado" (Caught by his own past), which in a way describes the situation of the main character within the stoty.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 04-19-2017

Got around to watching the Grand Budapest Hotel. Wes Anderson is a force to be reckon with cause it was one of the best abstract film out there that is so good but so f-ing out there.

Seriously, go check it out.

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 04:40 PM)Berry Wrote: Got around to watching the Grand Budapest Hotel. Wes Anderson is a force to be reckon with cause it was one of the best abstract film out there that is so good but so f-ing out there.

Seriously, go check it out.

I already have, it was amazing.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 04-21-2017

i found some concept art for the live-action yogi bear and scooby-doo movies recently
[Image: C95bXG4XkAAAsjU.jpg:large]
[Image: C95sYoxXUAAeh1T.jpg]
[Image: C95wJhAW0AAj-Gs.jpg:large]
[Image: C98nszpXgAc45Ey.jpg:large]
i really, really, really wish i hadn't

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 04-21-2017

[Image: giphy.gif]

Good lord those are hideous.

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 12:12 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: i found some concept art for the live-action yogi bear and scooby-doo movies recently
[Image: C95bXG4XkAAAsjU.jpg:large]
[Image: C95sYoxXUAAeh1T.jpg]
[Image: C95wJhAW0AAj-Gs.jpg:large]
[Image: C98nszpXgAc45Ey.jpg:large]

How far we have strayed from the path of the Gods...

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 04-21-2017

Taking the first one with Yogi Bear as my avatar image on Discord.

Note: Also, eww.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 12:12 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: i found some concept art for the live-action yogi bear and scooby-doo movies recently

God is dead and we are the murderers.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 08:03 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote:

This sounds pretty intresting.

In simaler news,

I like that it's another Bruce Tim Batman movie with Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester reprising their roles. I'm not sure how I feel about Melissa Rauch's Harley since it sounds more like Cindy Robinson's Labys then Harley Quinn. I kinda like that Tera Strong isn't in this one since she always sounded like Twilight Sparkle doing an Arleen Sorkin impression, but I'm pretty sure that one is just me.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-21-2017

So today I watched Bridge of Spies.

It was really good. James B. Donovan (Tom Hanks) was a likable, solid and believable protagonist.  The cinematography and the special effects superb and the soundtrack, while nothing too great or spectacular, fits the tone of the scenes well.

My only complaints with the film would be that the economics student and Francis Gary Powers are devoid of characters, thus, being hard to sympathize with them.

Also, not really a complaint per see, but I would have liked to see more information regarding the captured soviet spy. Look, I know that it is better if sometimes certain characters are left in mistery, and that this movie is based on real events, but still... I guess we know very little about that specific Soviet spy (I mean, in real life).

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-22-2017

So today I finally watched the original Mad Max movie trilogy (before this my only previous expirience with the franchise was "Fury Road";which, of course, helped me to get into the series).

Mad Max: In some scenes you can clearly see Mel Gibson was only just getting into acting. For a rookie he was doing a good job nonetheless. Beautiful cinematography, fast paced action and awesome stunts make this movie a winner.

Mad Max 2: Mel Gibson's performance was better than in the previous film. The car chases are as excitingly pulse-pounding as ever. Miller's cinematography is decidedly Un-Hollywood. He gives us many breathtaking camera angles, some of which are sometimes a bit shaky, which serves to make the action even more involving. Easily the best of the trilogy.

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (a.k.a Mad Max III): While is true that this is probably the least good of the Mad Max films, It still is very creative, and the action has a wonderful momentum. I love the whole society that finds Max in the desert. I loved the recitation of their foundation, and I loved their dialect. I loved Masterblaster (mostly because they reminded me of Ferra/Torr from MKX. In fact, I wounld't be surprised if it turns out that the later was inspired by the former). And Tina Turner was actually cool, too.

Something worth noting out is that whilst the original Mad Max featured the crumbling of civilization and Max's loss of humanity all of the sequels feature him regaining his humanity and restoring what was lost.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 04-23-2017

^plan on watching Fury Road?