VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-24-2017

(04-23-2017, 11:45 PM)CLXcool Wrote: ^plan on watching Fury Road?

I already did. I specified on my previous post that "Fury Road" got me into the series.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 04-24-2017

Best part about Mad Max is that Max himself isn't the central character(besides the first movie) and he just stumbles into trouble and troubles stumbles to him. Plus, Max has very little dialogue and lines yet holds this powerful onscreen presence that he doesn't really have to say jack.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-26-2017

So today I finally watched Al Pacino's Scarface.

It was awesome. Al Pacino is simply brilliant as the angry Cuban refugee. I liked some of the songs, including 'Gina and Elvira's theme', 'Push it to the limit' and the title track instrumental. The supporting players are very good too, particularly Paul Shenar as the suave Alejandro Sosa.

After thinking about for a while, the movie is a criticism of the criminal life-style. The raw, sheer crude potrayal of the Mafia (and a rather realistic one while we are at it), the superficial characters, cheesy music and the dated fashions are there in order to fuel said criticism. In fact, I think it's fair to assume that the film practically borderlines satire!

NOTE: shortly after I watched "Carlitos Way" (I talked about it on the previous page), I found out a lot of compared Scarface with Carlito's Way... well, after I finally watched Scarface, all I have to say is that those comparisons are pretty much inevitable, considering both movies share the same genre, same lead actor, same protagonist type (a Latino Ganster) and even the same director.However, once you take those factors out of the ecuation, both movies are completely different. Scarface is about a man working his way to the top of the city's crime ranks while Carlito's Way is about a retired drug lord who wants to go straight and restart his life. Both of them are awesome movies in their own, unique ways.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 04-26-2017

Now that's a movie I outta watch.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 05-01-2017

Alright. Lets be a bit serious for a minute. This is getting a shitload of unexepected hate. And its a kids movie.

I know a few people who worked on this, so WB has been remaking some of the MGM movies with tom and jerry. This was bound to happen. But does it deserve a lot of hate? No. Its a kids movie. Sure. I'd like to see something else with Tom and Jerry(a movie with them teaming up with Tex avery's characters would be nice), but I dont work for WB.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-07-2017

So today I finally watched Mario Puzo's The Godfather.

To be completely honest, this is one of those films that actually made me wonder why I hadn't seen it earlier. The acting from everyone involved is great. The plot is excellent and it's far from predictable. The soundtrack by Nino Rota is also very memorable, too.

I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the trilogy.

RE: At the Movies! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 04:24 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: So today I finally watched Mario Puzo's The Godfather.

To be completely honest, this is one of those films that actually made me wonder why I hadn't seen it earlier. The acting from everyone involved is great. The plot is excellent and it's far from predictable. The soundtrack by Nino Rota is also very memorable, too.

I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the trilogy.

A rare series of movies where the latter ones are just as amazing as the first.

Kinda jealous you get to discover them for the first time !

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 05-09-2017

The godfather is a masterpiece among cinema work. I haven't seen part II or III, but I still enjoy the acting and how powerful of an impact it did when I saw it for the first time. If there should be a masterpiece in coppola's filmography. Its The Godfather.

Saw guardians of the galaxy 2. Awesome movie. Remember to stay for the credits. Next time. I'll be talking about the recent Beauty and the beast film.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-09-2017

^
Speaking of The Godfather Part II, I saw that same movie today.

SERIOUSLY was right, the second part is just as brilliant as the first one.

Without spoiling, I will simply say the Robert DeNiro as the young Vito is one of the best acting performances I've seen in my life. And that the soundtrack by Nino Rota is still pretty memorable.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-10-2017

The journey is over.... today I watched Mario Puzo's The Godfather Part III.

Vincent Mancini (Andy Garcia) is every bit as wild and hot tempered as Sonny was from The Godfather, and I'm saying this in a good way. Al Pacino's performance as an aging Michale Corleone that tries to come to terms with his life is great.

I recently found out that there were talks for a fourth movie based on the Corleone family many years ago. While it might be true that there is some potential for another movie, I think The Godfather: Part III is a fine film to end the saga, specially considering that the original author of the novel (who worked on the screenplay himself along with the director) has passed away, so... let's just say it wouldn't be the same without him.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-10-2017

So today I watched the 1990 Captain America film.

Oh boy, this is easily the "best" worst movie I've seen in a while. The best way to experience this movie is to laugh at how bad it is, rather than to laugh with it.

Spoiler:Seriously, gotta love how Captain America doesn't even finish one mission before being frozen in ice, LMAO.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 05-11-2017

(05-10-2017, 02:30 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: I recently found out that there were talks for a fourth movie based on the Corleone family many years ago. While it might be true that there is some potential for another movie, I think The Godfather: Part III is a fine film to end the saga, specially considering that the original author of the novel (who worked on the screenplay himself along with the director) has passed away, so... let's just say it wouldn't be the same without him.

I recall that the talks about the possibility of the 4th film of the corleone family was around 2003-2005(sometime after Marlin Brando's death). Coppola didn't have any idea where it could've gone if they even decided to went with the idea with the 4th film of the Godfather film. They actually made a book based off of the purposed idea of a said sequel(which would've taken place in the 1930s). A lawsuit went on for awhile between the Puzo estate and Paramount, which had paramount trying to adapt the book while the puzo estate was against it. Paramount won the case, but as of now. It seems paramount decided to let the idea of a new godfather film 'sleep with de fishes' so to speak.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-12-2017

So yesterday I watched the 2008 film John Rambo (aka Rambo 4).

Basically, the movie could be considered by some as a "80s-style action movie with modern sensibilities". The story is simple but solid, and works on several levels. The action scenes are unparalleled, more intense than the second and third movies (yes, I actually said that. Fight me). A word of caution though, this isn't for the light hearted, there are some serious instances of brutality and gore in this movie.

This film is easily better than Rambo II and III (especially III).

Oh, and while we are at it, today I finally watched Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" and Bruce Lee's "Enter The Dragon".

Pulp Fiction: This is the second Tarantino movie I watched in my whole life, the first one being "Django Unchained". Samuel L. Jackson's performance as the bible-quoting, godfearing hitman Jules Winnfield is a 10/10. There is not a line of wasted dialogue and the movie incorporates a number of complexities that are not immediately obvious. Without spoiling, I'll simply said that after thinking about it for a while, the overall story started to feel like a tale that didn't need to be told, but for whatever reason this movie tells it and does a better job than most films of its kind, or of any other kind.

Looking foward to the other works made by this madman.

Enter the Dragon: One of the best martial arts films I've ever watched. Many of the fights in this movie, more specially the ones where Lee is involved, have a surreal feeling to them; the final fight scene in the mirror room being my favorite.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-12-2017

Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams Set to Star in 'X-Men' Spinoff 'New Mutants'

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-15-2017

Powers Boothe, 'Sin City, 'The Avengers' actor, dies at 68