VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-16-2017

So today I watched Captain America: Civil War.

Man... can we just talk about how this a movie like this could easily crumble under the weight of so many characters, and yet it doesn't? Most of them get plenty of plot and an arc. Enough time is also dedicated to the new characters that this movie introduces.

RE: At the Movies! - Arjahn - 05-17-2017

Yeah I really enjoyed Civil War, was done way better than in the comics imo. It was especially nice having such a smaller scale, character driven plot. I mean small for a marvel movie, like taking down a terrorist who blew some stuff up versus giant blue laser beam end of the world shenanigans. After the mess of Ultron, really glad I could enjoy an avengers movie again.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-20-2017

(05-17-2017, 01:49 AM)Arjahn Wrote: After the mess of Ultron, really glad I could enjoy an avengers movie again.

Captain America: Civil War is, as the name states, a Captain America movie. It is not an Avengers film. Avengers: Infinity Wars and an Untitled Avengers movie will be the 3rd and 4th (last) Avengers films.

So yesterday I watched a western featuring/starring actor Clint Eastwood for the first time: Unforgiven.

The ballads tune provides the story with a sad, introspective mood, within the opening and closing scenes. Gene Hackman's performance as the brutal sheriff Little Bill Daggett was the best in the whole movie, managing to eclipse Eastwood.

Another thing I liked is how this movie was not defined by the typical conventions of good guys and bad guys. Much like in the real world, things are rarely black and white, most of the time is just shades of gray.

Looking foward to watching the rest of his movies.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-21-2017

So today I watched Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider.

Eastwood cuts deep into the film's characters in what is a rather standard script. Particularly, in the scenes involving the preacher and a gold-mining family. Eastwood also succeeds in giving his film a dark atmosphere which only adds to its intensity.

Also, Richard Dysart creates an all-too-believable villain, and Western veteran John Russell is well-cast as a middle-aged mercenary who him and his hired guns has to face the hero of the story.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 05-22-2017

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/22/zack-snyder-is-stepping-away-from-justice-league-/

I may not like his movies(mostly for starting the 'dark and edgy' trend for Hollywood). I am sorry that his daughter took her own life.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-27-2017

So today I watched for the first time a movie featuring/starring actor Donnie Yen: Iceman.

It was a waste of my time. The fight scenes are bland; poorly constructed and filled with bad CGI, the acting is superficial and the comedy side is really low level.

But hey, I heard that the movies released before this one are pretty good (many of my friends liked Ip-Man, which apparently was the movie that skyrocket him into mainstream), so i might give this guy a second chance... in the not-so-near future.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-29-2017

Fun Fact: The original Spider-Man movie was released on cinemas 15 years ago.
[Image: 435.gif]
Feeling old yet?

Yes, I know I'm 25 days late to the party, but still.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-31-2017

So today I finally watched Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino.

Clint's performance and directing was a 10/10.  Without spoiling, I'll simply say that the story was compelling and, the drama was mixed just fine with a refined touch of humour.

Basically, this movie is the perfect combination for a pleasant evening.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 06-02-2017

So today I watched Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby.

This is all I'm going to say about the movie: It rightfully deserved all the 4 oscars it got back in the day.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 06-03-2017

So today I watched Clint Eastwood's White Hunter Black Heart.

Clint Eastwood's potrayal of aclaimed director John Hutson Wilson was -despite that he wans't really the best person for the role- pretty good on it's own right.

The movie touches upon certain themes, including conservation, obsession and movie-making theories. The themes aren't explored too well, which explains the muddled ending. But it still is an enjoyable film.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-03-2017

Gonna try to see Captain Underpants next week.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-04-2017

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/06/terry-gilliam-wraps-production-on-the-man-who-killed-don-quixote-1201836951/

He FINALLY did it

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 06-08-2017

So yesterday I watched Clint Eastwood's A Perfect World.

Kevin Costner's performance as a man who is "bad, but not the worst" of society was pretty good.  The movie a little bit slow at start, but soon we get too see a strong character development, specially during the scenes between Costner and his young costar, who are extremely interesting.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 06-09-2017

Marvel revealed a new promotional image for the upcoming Black Panther movie:
[Image: DB4dJePUQAEEAK-.jpg]
They also released a trailer too, but I'm not going to post it here.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 06-10-2017

Got around to seeing Captain Underpants. Do yourself a favor. SEE IT. I had a ton of fun seeing the movie. If you're a fan of the books, you'll love this movie. If you're going into the movie first time without reading the books, you're in for a fun adventure. I really hope that Dreamworks makes a sequel.