VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-17-2017

So I recently found out that this one song that appears on the radio frequnetly is called "Don't You (Forget About Me)". I also found out that said song was also created specifically for this movie called The Breakfast Club.

The song is nice and all, but my question is.... is the movie worth watching?

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 05:10 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: So I recently found out that this one song that appears on the radio frequnetly is called "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was created specifically for this movie called The Breakfast Club.

I would say so. It's one of the more famous 80's coming of age movies and is still pretty funny IMO. Also my own opinion but it's the only Brat Pack movie that's still worth watching (though I've yet to see ST. Elmo's Fire).

RE: At the Movies! - Kakariko Kid - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 07:00 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 05:10 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: So I recently found out that this one song that appears on the radio frequnetly is called "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was created specifically for this movie called The Breakfast Club.

I would say so. It's one of the more famous 80's coming of age movies and is still pretty funny IMO. Also my own opinion but it's the only Brat Pack movie that's still worth watching (though I've yet to see ST. Elmo's Fire).

I second that. Now I want to watch it again.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-17-2017

So today I watched Luc Besson's "Léon: The Professional" and The Suicide Squad.

Léon: The Professional: That was incredible. The acting was award worthy, specially that of Matalie Portman in her role of the emotionally ravaged matildha, Jean Reno as a hitman who you can actually feel sympathy and sorrow for, and Gary Oldman as the psycothic and corrupt police officer; all of which have an unmatched on-screen chemistry. The actions sequences are fairly well done as well. 

Suicide Squad: This movie in not as 'hype' as the trailers make it out be.... but neither is as atrocious as some people make it out to be. Just watch it for what it is: a regular, cheesy action film to enjoy at home.

The CGI was crap, doe. And so it's Harley Quinn's character, they dropped the ball there

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-20-2017

So I just finished watching the second and third Austin Powers films.

Oh dear, this movies are the shining example of "so bad it's good". They have become a guilty pleasure of mine.

Also, 3 > 2. Looking foward to the original one.

The reason why I watched the second and third movies first was because I confused said movies with the first and the second, respectively.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 09-21-2017

sony animation's back at it yet again!

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-21-2017

Hollywood. Nobody wants live-action/CG movies anymore. They're fucking awful.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 09-21-2017

This is the same guy that made Fantastic Mr.Fox...f*#k yeah.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-22-2017

I will NEVER forgive Sony for canning this
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZTqmQtHDb9/?taken-by=scott.wills

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-22-2017

So today I watched Philip K. Dick's 'A Scanner Darkly'.

Well, that was dark (pun intended). This is one of the best roles I've seen of Keanu Reeves; his subtle and somewhat detached style is exactly what was needed for the complex and sympathetic character of Bob Arctor. The whole atmosphere of suspense, paranoia, perceptual distortions, and chaos of hallucinogenic overindulgence was done really well.  The rotoscoping animation was used perfectly to highlight the cinematography.

Before you watch this movie let me tell you that it was based on PKDs own experiences with drugs. He tells this story within the framework of a surreal science fiction thriller.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-23-2017

So today I watched Iko Uwais' Merantau (think of it as in the spiritual predecessor of The Raid movies).

The fighting sequences have some great coreohraphy, as well as really good intensity and pacing. The cast did a good job, specially Iko Uwais despite this was his first time acting. The technical side (lighting, sound effects and music) was spot on . The story itself has a balanced combination of action and drama, sometimes feeeling like a drama where the protagonist happens to be a martial artist. This movie also introduces a lesser know fighting style to international audiences which is always a plus.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-26-2017

So today I watched Danny De Vito's 'Twins' and Denzel Washington's 'Flight'.

Twins: Eh, it was entertaining, but it never made me laugh (this simply means the humor wasn't my thing). De Vito and Arnie have a really good chemistry as Julius and Vincent Benedict.

Flight: A great character character study. Denzel's performance as the pilot Whip Whitetaker was really good, you can tell he devoted himself to his character. Robert Zemeckis is also a effective director. The fact that despite Whip having many of the qualities of hateful character yet you still find yourself rooting for him (even if just a little) is simply something a skilled director like him could acomplish. The supporting roles weren't left behind when it comes to quality either, with actors like Don Cheadle and John Goodman, for example.
The musical score is really fitting for the overall atmosphere, a score that is both melodic and soothing.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-27-2017

So today I just finished watching Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.

What isn't there to like about this movie? Superb acting; a fascinating lead character (Norman Bates is one of the most famous fictional names for a reason); excellent photography, and a bizarre story make this movie a winner. Looking foward to the other works made by this man.

Seriously, if you haven't watched Psycho yet then just do it already.

And yes, Psycho is where this famous tune comes from:

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 09-27-2017

Saw the new film of It, it was surprisingly good. The only downside is that it felt a bit long, could've worked out more as an HBO show. But it was scary enough to be good. Now I know why Tim Curry and Stephen King gave their approval for this remake.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-29-2017

As someone who liked the first Kingsman movie I shall ask.... how good is the sequel called "Kingsman: The Golden Circle"?