VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-20-2017

(11-18-2017, 01:00 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: I'm just going to leave this here:

About FREAKING TIME Pixar!!!!

RE: At the Movies! - Psychospacecow - 11-20-2017

See, you say that, but this is probably why its coming out around this time. The Incredibles came out 13 years ago. A lot of people who saw it as kids are likely to be parents at this point. Its likely that this was a deliberate action. Same thing happened with Toy Story 3 and Finding Nemo 2.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 11-21-2017

(11-20-2017, 11:17 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: See, you say that, but this is probably why its coming out around this time. The Incredibles came out 13 years ago. A lot of people who saw it as kids are likely to be parents at this point. Its likely that this was a deliberate action. Same thing happened with Toy Story 3 and Finding Nemo 2.

To be perfectly fair. Brad Bird wanted to do a second incredibles movie, but Pixar didn't give him the approval to do so(even when he already had a good story planned out). They were busy with with other projects(Toy story 3 being one of them along with sequels to the car movies), but when they were looking to get Brad back to do another incredibles, Brad was busy directing live-action movies for Disney. It was just a question on when both pixar and brad were ready for the job.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 11-22-2017

Totally late to the party but I found out that there's two releases of Return of the Joker. I own, and have only seen, the censored version. I'm gonna buy the PG-13 version right now.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 11-25-2017

So I just finished watching the first "The Addams Family" movie.

The acting was spot on, specially that of Raul Julia, Anjelica Huston, and Christopher Lloyd. The music, ranging from the main theme to the booming organs during the heavier moments was all well done. The sets are all great as well, fitting for the eccentric atmosphere surrounding the family.

Overall, a great dark comedy. Looking foward to getting into anything else this franchise has to offer.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-02-2017

Movie theaters will remove Frozen short from Coco on December 8th.

I've seen Coco. But i'll give it a second go before giving you guys my thoughts on it. On the bright side. I dont have to wait 22 minutes outside the theater anymore!!!

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 04:45 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Movie theaters will remove Frozen short from Coco on December 8th.

I've seen Coco. But i'll give it a second go before giving you guys my thoughts on it. On the bright side. I dont have to wait 22 minutes outside the theater anymore!!!

LMAO. I've heard that Frozen short is awful xD

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 05:10 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 04:45 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Movie theaters will remove Frozen short from Coco on December 8th.

LMAO. I've heard that Frozen short is awful xD

So bad that the Mexicans themselves HATED it. Some of the children I saw in the theater were relived that the short was over, you know something is wrong when the kids don't like what you make when you're aiming for them.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-03-2017

So yesterday I watched "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" while today I watched "The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!"

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Let's face it, when this film was first announced (aka befoee the trailers were even up) EVERYONE was like "Really? Are they going to make a film out of a bloody encyclopedia? How does that even works?" and years later they proved that they made work.... by releasing a biography of the author of the book! I don't know about you but I think that's pretty clever. Basically, I liked how it tried to be it's own thing rather than another Harry Potter film.

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!: Personally I didn't find it as funny as seemingly everyone else did, but it was still up there. The cast did a really good job, especially protagonist Leslie Nielson (in his role of Frank Debrin) who simply was at his best during the film. The writing was really good as well.

RE: At the Movies! - tatochypz - 12-09-2017

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 02:20 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote:

Nice art style, but it looks like they used motion capture for some of the scenery here.

RE: At the Movies! - Hexadecimal - 12-09-2017

My German friend saw Cocoa and they're still running the Frozen short there. She said the audience was groaning and that a little kid even asked his mom when it was going to be over.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-10-2017

So yesterday I watched David Michôd's 'The Rover'.

I liked the gritty, dirty atmosphere of the film. Despite being settled in a world where people are desperate for surviving no matter the cost, there's still a palpable emotional layer of vulnerability and fear, which makes the characters more humane.

The writing, directing, and cinematography are all well executed, but the selling point of this movie is the bizarre relationship between the angry loner Eric (Guy Pearce) and the naive and dependent Rey (Robert Pattinson), by showing what causes each subtle change in their relationship that leads to a much larger shift in their feelings about each other.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-14-2017

Disney Completes Purchase of Fox TV and Movie Divisions

It should be noted that this deal was made so that Fox would keep its news, sports, and business content; thus avoiding current anti-trust laws. 

It doesn't make it any less concerning though. By the time I posted this Disney owns over half of Network Television and a majority of the film idustry. The monopoly they are creating is getting more and more ridiculous.

RE: At the Movies! - Berry - 12-14-2017

(12-14-2017, 03:03 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: Disney Completes Purchase of Fox TV and Movie Divisions

It should be noted that this deal was made so that Fox would keep its news, sports, and business content, thus avoiding current anti-trust laws. 

It doesn't make it any less concerning though. By the time I posted this Disney owns over half of Network Television and a majority of the film idustry. The monopoly they are creating is getting more and more ridiculous.

Could care less, Fox always had the intention of selling away their entertainment asset and it was always gonna be some bigwig conglomerate that was gonna purchase it. Quite frankly, the news only really affects Hollywood and with the treatment of movie theatre chains, which is much more alarming.