VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-22-2020

Happy 35th anniversary to Jackie Chan's Police Story! (December 14th)

Happy 30th anniversary to Kindergarten Cop!

Happy 25th anniversary to Michael Mann's Heat! (December 15)

Happy 25th anniversary to Robin Williams' Jumanji! (December 15)

Happy 20th anniversary to Tom Hanks' Cast Away! WILSON!

Happy 15th anniversary to The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!

Happy 15th anniversary to Peter Jackson's King Kong!

Happy 10th anniversary to The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader!

Disney Wrote:Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness, debuts March 25, 2022. Starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Benedict Wong, Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, & Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez. Directed by Sam Raimi, the film ties to WandaVision & the next Spider-Man film.

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1337196091201253379

Ties to the next Spider-Man film? Holy shit, they are actually gonna do it.

Many other announcements and trailers were dropped.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-25-2020

So I watched the SHAZAM film and it was fun.

Spoiler:I liked how with the post-credits scene they are bringing the OG Shazam/Captain Marvel villians instead of just bringing Black Adam instantly (which makes sense since he is SUPPOSED to have a solo film). Mr. Mind is one of a kind.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-26-2020

I watched Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Nice tribute to Hollywood's golden age. I liked the old-school referceces, DiCaprio's acting, ect.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-21-2021

High School Musical is now 15 years old.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-28-2021

I know I'm four days late but they released the Godzila vs Kong movie trailer. The movie is coming in March 26.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 02-24-2021

Blue Beetle Getting His Own Movie with Jaime Reyes Incarnation

Spider-Man: No Way Home Is the Name for the MCU’s Spider-Man 3

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 03-30-2021

So WB released a trailer for the new Suicide Squad film. There's also this other firlm called The Unholy, featuring Evan Spiliotopoulos in his directorial debut and producer Sam Raimi.

Happy 5th anniversary, 10 Cloverfield Lane!

So I just found out that MGM (Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer) changed the roaring lion in their logo. They used real lions in their logo but now the lion has been changed to a CGI one.

NGL, the first time I watched this I didn't knew the lion was CGI. I had to watch it again in order to see it.

"Not the first time MGM uses CGI for their logo. Remenber the previous one that had a close-up of the lion's eye? That was CGI" - Yeah, but that was just the eye. Now the whole lion is CGI.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-03-2021

I watched Bong Joon-ho's Parasite and Ant-Man and the Wasp and I liked them.

I don't have much to say other than I enyoyed them. Parasite is an intriguing piece of social commentary while Ant-Man and the Wasp is... uh. I honestly found it to be a huge "meh".

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-04-2021

I watched Creed II and to be honest there were times were I didn't knew who to root for. I actually felt bad for Viktor Drago. I liked how they fleshed out Ivan Drago's character in this one.

I like Viktor. Hope we see more of him in furute films.

EDIT: Here's this video of Creed II that I liked. Might as well share it.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-06-2021

Remenber the novel Neanderthal by John Darnton?

Remenber how Steven Spielberg bought the movie rights to the book in 1997 and nothing came out of it?

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-20-2021

So the trailer for the upcoming Shang-Chi film was released. Movie is coming on September 3.

Movie is called Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

EDIT:

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-03-2021

Title is self-explinatory.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-04-2021

Marvel Studios released the Phase 4 trailer.

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-04-2021

Happy 80th anniversary, Citizen Kane!

RE: At the Movies! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-05-2021

So I recently found out this is a thing.

Even thought it's a commercial, it's also a great short film and a great sequel to the original ET film. This is awesome.