VGFacts
Create A story - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Playground (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Create A story (/thread-1544.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Create A story - CosmykTheDolfyn - 05-03-2014

New Game, not dissimilar to the Cuccos lore in a mass of writing. Got this idea from from DYKG forums. We are all writing a new story now.
Rules are:
You get no more than paragraphs at a time
Throw in bizarre plot twists and new characters all you want, as long as you relate it back to the story
No More than 100 words.
Please display your best grammar
Wait until two others have made a post until you take your next turn

I'll start:

It is not your everyday man that sets fire to his own hut and then stares at with proudly. But, Ypine was not you common man. In fact, he wasn't a man, nor a woman, but a resident of Glatak 3 from the year 4000 B.C.E, crash landed in the African Saharah, attempting to clean his new home; per his old custom. But, he was using the wrong materials. He was too distracted to notice the shadowy figure that was...

RE: Create A story - ClaudX - 05-03-2014

Your seemingly average man. He wasn't that noticeable and you wouldn't bat an eye at him if you saw him on normal circumstances. He was Wei Kwon, a Japanese man who was obviously lost in the wrong time period. You could tell this by his clothing, a black suit with a white suit shirt underneath. He had a confused look in his eye. He slowly walked up to Ypine and tapped on his shoulder...

RE: Create A story - CLXcool - 05-03-2014

The shadowy figure that was watching him was a hideous demon from the underworlds of hell. Jealous by the fact that Ypine was wildly known by the village he resides in. Seeing both Ypine and Wei Kwon. He lurked outside of the shadow alley and into a far dark looking bush. Using his long distance hearing. The demon listens in the conversation between Ypine and Wei Kwon.

RE: Create A story - Psychospacecow - 05-03-2014

Ypine turned around in disgust and confusion only to see it was Kwon and calmed down. "We're not going to get out of this mess like that," the human said. "It is a custom of my people to burn the homes of demons before commencing in an operation," Ypine replied. "Why are we speaking English?" Ypine wondered as the ember flared.

RE: Create A story - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-03-2014

Unbeknownst to the both of them, the eldritch creature sank back into the ground as they turned around.
"I did not like that hut," said Ypine, as he walked away.
"You never like the things I build," replied Kwon. "This is why we cannot have nice things."
"You should stop building demon gates in them, then. Just... At our next stop, just let me build our lodging."

The pair were on the hunt for...

"We need iron." Ypine told Wei.
"We're in the middle of a desert, where are we going to get said iron?" Wei replied. "And I keep telling you, I don't build those gates, they just-appear."
"It doesn't matter right now. Night will be dawning soon and we have no shelter." Ypine told Wei.
"We would have a shelter if you didn't-" Wei yelled at Ypine, but was was cut off by him.
"Ssshhh, Wei. Do you hear that?" Ypine asked Wei.
Ypine turned around to see..

RE: Create A story - Psychospacecow - 05-03-2014

the figments of a demon in stride across the dunes, reflecting moon light off of its ivory horns marinated in blood.
Ypine cast down to the ground, holding Wei by the collar and bolted for the nearby rock formation. "What the, what are you doing?" Wei shouted, alerting the demon to their fear. Ypine stood him up upon the rocks and told him to look at the dunes, but there was nothing.

RE: Create A story - CLXcool - 05-03-2014

Wei lowered his eyebrows with annoyance as Ypine was just stalling. "Its just the wind'' Wei said with annoyance. "Lets get moving before the others wonder where we went off to''. As Wei and Ypine continue to travel in the dessert. The creature then slowly revealed itself from the ground and slowly followed our two travelers.

"What is our next stop," asked Kwon.
"You're the one with the map," came the reply from Ypine who had stooped to tie his shoe lace, allowing the poison horn shot from the demon to fly over him. "Now can you please handle the mess you created? We can't just leave a demon roaming around the Sahara."

Wei pulled out a pocket watch from his suit pocket and glanced at. He set it on the ground and the hands moved so that it read 12:00. Wei picked it up again and sighed, "It looks like we have a level 3 demon on our case. My guess is that he's a scout."
"Or an assassin." Ypine added. "We can't fight him here, though. Where's the nearest town?" Wei stared off into the distance as his eyes glowed blue.
"About 5 miles due east." Wei told Ypine.

RE: Create A story - CosmykTheDolfyn - 05-03-2014

That town, Frapcious, was no longer there.
Or it was. Depends on your understanding of timey-wimey mishy-mashy space stuff. You see, Ypine and Wei were attempting to find the Demon Portal, spawning point of all demons across time and space. However, their crash landing and some stray embers caused the portal and Frapcious to merge into one entity, and half men half demons were soon going to be...
Edit (This is working out 10x better than originally planned.)

"Frapcious it is," replied Kwon.

The pair started off towards the East, disregarding the demon chasing after them. They sporadically ducked as the hapless monster shot horn after horn at them.

"Do you ever think that this is getting too easy?" asked Ypine, nonchalantly shifting his head to the left as a projectile whistled past his ear.
"Just wait until we get to Frapcious. Then we'll revise your definition of easy," came the reply.

RE: Create A story - DeerBoarDude - 05-04-2014

Kwon was going to say something, but was immediately cut short by a beastly screech. When they looked to see what it was, they saw a mech attacking the demon.

RE: Create A story - Psychospacecow - 05-04-2014

(Getting some land of the lost meets survivorman meets Hellboy feeling)(I got nothing.)

RE: Create A story - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-04-2014

Ypine's hands were twisting and turning, as if trying to make a puppet dance.

"Stop wasting your powers on something so trivial," said Kwon. "This planet has very little magic and you will have trouble recharging."
"Oh relax," replied Ypine. He thrust forth his right hand, the mech emulating the motion. With a crunch, the demon crumpled to the ground. "If Frapcious is as full of half-demons as we think it is, we'll have more than enough to recharge."

Kwon acquiesced and turned once more towards the East. The spires of Frapcious were now discernable through the sand-heavy air.