VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 08-04-2014

I thought I was just getting a cool F-1 style racing game for the gamecube...
Nobody EVER buy Driven. It turns out I picked up (for two bucks) an extremely boring and lousy video game based on one of the worst things to ever sadly be labeled as "film".
I REPEAT AS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT, NEVER DROP MONEY ON THIS GAME, EVEN IF IT'S A STINKING QUARTER.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 08-04-2014

(08-04-2014, 08:22 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I thought I was just getting a cool F-1 style racing game for the gamecube...
Nobody EVER buy Driven. It turns out I picked up (for two bucks) an extremely boring and lousy video game based on one of the worst things to ever sadly be labeled as "film".
I REPEAT AS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT, NEVER DROP MONEY ON THIS GAME, EVEN IF IT'S A STINKING QUARTER.

Make that double for the Shrek game on X-box and Gamecube. I thought I was buying a half desint game game based on the movie that no body liked becuse it was "a clone of a good game" or whatever BS people normally throw at "bad games." Turns out I was buying a slow, boring, uninteresting Mario 64 clone (and that's being fair to it). Coming from someone who could play and finish Drake of the 99 Dragons , Sonic 06 (both in multiple sittings mind you), and E.T. and say good things about all of them, I can not play this, I can not find ANYTHING redeemable about it, and I refuse to play it any more, which I have never said about anything. I would like to say I did not pay much for this but this was $5.44, which was $5.43 more than it needed to be. At lest I bought Shrek 2 for a cent and Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase for a dollar to make up for that. Now those two show you how to adapt a movie into a game and make it RIGHT.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-04-2014

http://chrono.neocities.org/

Man, I wish I finished Chrono Trigger.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 08-04-2014

The Hyrule Warriors Direct was awesome, check it out. Stay till the very end.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-05-2014

Wonderful 101 really is the Gurren Lagann of Video Games

Watch out for Spoilers, since it's the last boss.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 08-05-2014

Two new Mercedes models have been revealed for Mario Kart 8.
I'm not a huge fan of the SUV, but those other two models look amazing.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Carlos - 08-05-2014

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGM3LI_Tg
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlgdCaGuw
The hype is real.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 08-06-2014

(08-05-2014, 06:56 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Wonderful 101 really is the Gurren Lagann of Video Games

Watch out for Spoilers, since it's the last boss.

I don't watch Gurren Lagann but damn that fits.
Reminds me of this.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 08-06-2014

I started playing Fez today and it's probably the most charming game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. It's now one of my favorite indie games.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 08-06-2014

"Ah man I'm really enjoying Resonance of Fate. 60+ hours in over the last week(ish) and I'm now on chapter 16. But wait, I remember Retrolinkx saying something a few pages back. What was it?"

(07-20-2014, 11:11 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Ah man, Resonance of Fate is pissing me off right now.

Since, I have to level up one of my characters to level 100, but to do so I have to grind in a really annoying place, and it could take hours to do.

I'm so close to beating the final boss, even with my current leveled team, I can get him down to >10000 health, but I always die then.

*Get's to that part*
THIS EFFING GAME! >: (

Oh my days this game. This game is a true test of patience. I admit. this game is tough. It's a genuinely punishing game but this "now level yourself to 100" is really pushing it.
*Gets started on leveling*

Also, this part had me laughing. Giffed it:
[Image: Gq1mmSZ.gif]

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-06-2014

(08-06-2014, 03:51 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: "Ah man I'm really enjoying Resonance of Fate. 60+ hours in over the last week(ish) and I'm now on chapter 16. But wait, I remember Retrolinkx saying something a few pages back. What was it?"

(07-20-2014, 11:11 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Ah man, Resonance of Fate is pissing me off right now.

Since, I have to level up one of my characters to level 100, but to do so I have to grind in a really annoying place, and it could take hours to do.

I'm so close to beating the final boss, even with my current leveled team, I can get him down to >10000 health, but I always die then.

*Get's to that part*
THIS EFFING GAME! >: (

Oh my days this game. This game is a true test of patience. I admit. this game is tough. It's a genuinely punishing game but this "now level yourself to 100" is really pushing it.
*Gets started on leveling*

Also, this part had me laughing. Giffed it:
[Image: Gq1mmSZ.gif]

If you wanna know how I got Zephyr to level 105 before I beat the boss here's how.

1) Go to Arena
2) Rank up to Rank 20-3 (depending on where you are, and character levels this could take more than an hour)
3) Try and equip any EXP items to Zephyr (or whoever you main submachine gun guy is)
4) There will be three blobs, kill the Silver and Bronze ones first
5) As for the Gold One, attack it with Zephyr and never use direct damage
6) Get his health down 60% or so and wait
7) If you do this right, during the periods where you're charging up your shots he should regain all his health
8) Level up to your hearts desires.

If I remember right, it took me about an hour and a half to get from 70 to 105 which was more than enough. Overall, this should probably take you around 2-3 hours to do, but it's worth it.

Also, try and link some terminals if you can. OH, and if you're running low on Bezel shards, go to the lowest floor of Basel (I think floor 12) and open all the tiles, they should give you 6 shards, which account to one full jewel and a half.

Also, remember to equip Zephyr with double submachine guns and keep on doing tri attacks on the boss.

Also, guys, you don't have to use my full name for everything haha. Retro is fine.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 08-07-2014

It's astounding how salty Mario Kart can make me. Someone could punch me in the face and I wouldn't be as angry as I am when I lose at Mario Kart.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 08-07-2014

(08-06-2014, 11:43 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: If you wanna know how I got Zephyr to level 105 before I beat the boss here's how.

1) Go to Arena
2) Rank up to Rank 20-3 (depending on where you are, and character levels this could take more than an hour)
3) Try and equip any EXP items to Zephyr (or whoever you main submachine gun guy is)
4) There will be three blobs, kill the Silver and Bronze ones first
5) As for the Gold One, attack it with Zephyr and never use direct damage
6) Get his health down 60% or so and wait
7) If you do this right, during the periods where you're charging up your shots he should regain all his health
8) Level up to your hearts desires.

If I remember right, it took me about an hour and a half to get from 70 to 105 which was more than enough. Overall, this should probably take you around 2-3 hours to do, but it's worth it.

Also, try and link some terminals if you can. OH, and if you're running low on Bezel shards, go to the lowest floor of Basel (I think floor 12) and open all the tiles, they should give you 6 shards, which account to one full jewel and a half.

Also, remember to equip Zephyr with double submachine guns and keep on doing tri attacks on the boss.

Also, guys, you don't have to use my full name for everything haha. Retro is fine.

It's so much effort though :(

Also it's mainly because Zephyr is a low level scrub with machine guns. I started levelling Vashyron based on what other people said on forums and at level 23 he completely destroys the game. At level 50 I'd consider him borderline game breaking. After 50 well...WELL. Vashyron is ridiculous with the sub machine guns. I'll probably grind him to a higher level.
If it only takes around 2ish hours then I'll do it today. I was expecting it to be another 10+ but this doesn't seem so bad.

(08-07-2014, 02:09 AM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: It's astounding how salty Mario Kart can make me. Someone could punch me in the face and I wouldn't be as angry as I am when I lose at Mario Kart.

The salt you say?
[Image: tumblr_n94ga3zL3c1r3kmkso1_400.gif]

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-07-2014

^

Eh, it's not that bad. Just make sure for the final battle you use all your characters, since you'll want to be breaking the gauge of the final guy every time you jump with your Handgun guy so he doesn't move for a while.

So it'd go like this. Scratch Damage, to Direct Damage then Gauge Break hopefully, Tri Attack, then repeat.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 08-08-2014

(08-07-2014, 02:09 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

Eh, it's not that bad. Just make sure for the final battle you use all your characters, since you'll want to be breaking the gauge of the final guy every time you jump with your Handgun guy so he doesn't move for a while.

So it'd go like this. Scratch Damage, to Direct Damage then Gauge Break hopefully, Tri Attack, then repeat.

Yeah I managed to do it yesterday. Very hard but a fun challenging game. Going to clean up the remaining achievements over the weekend now. I wanted to complete it quickly because I bought the Doom 3 BFG edition. So eager to play Doom 3(I never played it on it's initial release).
Resonance of Fate is definitely a stand out RPG. I found the story to be actually interesting and the characters to be pretty likeable. Good graphics and soundtrack too.