VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 08-18-2014

"Ninja Assault with Guncon2*" *Does not include Guncon2
"Odama with Gamecube Microphone*" *Does not include Gamecube Microphone
"Taiko Drum Master with Taiko Drum*" *Does not include Taiko Drum

I'm starting to think that people understand what the "with" in the name stands for. Without the means to play the game, I think I'll pass on the cheep offer.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - PixelXenoKing - 08-18-2014

I ended up asking Steam support for a refund because of that whole thing with Max Payne. Steam send me an email saying they will view the question within 24 hours and its been 3 days so assuming they dont care anymore and I just have to deal with an unplayable game on my steam games.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-19-2014

^

How is it unplayable?

It could be a random problem with the computer, not the game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 02:58 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

How is it unplayable?

It could be a random problem with the computer, not the game.

It's the problem with older games (even though Max Payne is not all that old) and the reason I don't like PC gaming. The older the game and the newer the computer, the more likley it's not going to work.

It's the same reason I don't like the fact that Hitman 1 never got a console release (to my knowledge) and the reason I'm getting the MP games on Xbox.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Takahashi2212 - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 03:13 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: It's the problem with older games (even though Max Payne is not all that old) and the reason I don't like PC gaming. The older the game and the newer the computer, the more likley it's not going to work.
This is why I'm wary of buying old games on PC. For exampleKnights of the Old Republic has a bunch of issues on Vista/7/8. I luckily got it to work on my Windows 8 machine on the first try (I had to disable movies, so none of those fancy CGI cutscenes for me. I probably would have skipped them anyway, so no huge loss).

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 08-19-2014

(08-18-2014, 09:37 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: I ended up asking Steam support for a refund because of that whole thing with Max Payne. Steam send me an email saying they will view the question within 24 hours and its been 3 days so assuming they dont care anymore and I just have to deal with an unplayable game on my steam games.

Just my two cents here.

If you are attempting to purchase an older game through an online distributor, then you will most likely want to go with GoG, Good Ol' Gaming.

http://www.gog.com/

I cannot say with certainty that all games on their site will work, but they include compatibility mods in downloads so games like the original Fallouts can run on Windows 7 and 8.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 08-19-2014

Yeah, I love PC gaming and all, fancy graphics settings and mods and whatnot, but older games are a pain in the ass. The original Hitman game looks like it's constantly on an acid trip, I really want to play it but it's just unplayable because of technical issues. I also had issues with the original Deus Ex having strange colors, and that seemed to randomly fix itself. Max Payne 1 and 2 both needed some fan-made patch to work properly.

At least there's almost always sometimes a fix that might work most of the time.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 08-19-2014

http://kotaku.com/my-my-zelda-how-you-have-grown-1623691527/all

So, Kotaku posted how some of the LoZ designs have evolved. Impa is a spiral of change.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Carlos - 08-19-2014

Well, I was playing Scribblenauts Unlimited on Steam yesterday. While I was doing junk with the Steam Workshop, I got an error come up and the end of the message... Oh man.
"The game will now Terminate."
Me: "Great, my game turned into a fricking Vinesauce Editor."

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 08-19-2014

(08-18-2014, 04:40 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I submitted four games for AGDQ 2015: Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, Trackmania: Build To Race, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Barney's Hide and Seek Game. My fingers are crossed and I'm nervous. We'll see if any get accepted!

No joke. I had a friend over just for late night Monday gaming sessions when I decided to put YouTube on my Xbone. I then flicked through my subscriptions which ended up as us watching a dude head desk his through Barneys Adventure. Man, it was unintentionally funny. 3Am joy.
Cosmo better watch out. Though, dem strats.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 03:23 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(08-18-2014, 04:40 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I submitted four games for AGDQ 2015: Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, Trackmania: Build To Race, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Barney's Hide and Seek Game. My fingers are crossed and I'm nervous. We'll see if any get accepted!

No joke. I had a friend over just for late night Monday gaming sessions when I decided to put YouTube on my Xbone. I then flicked through my subscriptions which ended up as us watching a dude head desk his through Barneys Adventure. Man, it was unintentionally funny. 3Am joy.
Cosmo better watch out. Though, dem strats.
... That might have been my poorly and quickly made video to prove to the GDQ organizers that I could play through the game with my nose while also blindfolded... Just possibly... It is very sloppy and unintentionally funny, isn't it?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-19-2014

Holy shit, that fucking lift room statue in DMC3.

Finally got SSS on it, fuck me I don't know how I would've done it without Swordmaster, I was using Trickster and always got to SS before I fucked up.

Man, that blue shard was worth it though.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Carlos - 08-20-2014

Why do I feel like playing Punch Out for all of today?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 08-20-2014

So, my Sega CD came in. I had bought it off Ebay. The guy also sent me a game and two controllers, which was NOT in the description. So that's really awesome. The thing also works great.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-22-2014

Anyone here love Rhythm Heaven as much as I do?

have fun!