VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 08-30-2014

Question for any one who knows about Super Famicom things: Can a SNES Mouse work on Super Famicom games and vise versa? I ask becuse I have my eye on a copy of Mario & Wario and Mario Paint and was going to buy a mouse to play them, and I found both a Super Famicom and SNES mouse. Does it really matter?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Takahashi2212 - 08-30-2014

(08-30-2014, 07:17 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Question for any one who knows about Super Famicom things: Can a SNES Mouse work on Super Famicom games and vise versa? I ask becuse I have my eye on a copy of Mario & Wario and Mario Paint and was going to buy a mouse to play them, and I found both a Super Famicom and SNES mouse. Does it really matter?

Assuming it's like the Gamecube, if they have the same inputs, it should work.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Hexadecimal - 08-30-2014

Five Nights at Freddy's is sure popular now. The game is really fun when you first play it, but once you learn the patterns and have seen all the scares it get super dull (Foxxy scared the life out of me the first time he showed up). I have to give it credit for having such a good idea, though, and I hope a more innovative sequel comes out.

I'm still interested since fans are coming up with such neat artwork, theories, and even some voice acting.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 08-31-2014

August 30th, 2014.

Even though it's a bit late on reporting this.

;_;7

Interesting little thing I just found out.

It turned out that Sega wanted to have Digital Downloads of games way back in 2000/1 with the Dreamcast, something they called the "@barai system"

You would pay a small fee to download a trail of a game and if you liked it you could purchase the full game for a cheaper price than actually buying the Dreamcast game physically. I'm not sure if they implemented it in Skies of Arcadia like they said they would but it's very impressive they had an idea for this years before it came to fruition.

MAYBE IT'S STILL IN DEVELOPMENT HOLY SHIT GUYS 14 YEARS OF DEV TIME THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER RIGHT MOVE OVER HALF LIFE 3 THIS GAME HAS MORE WAITING TIME THAN YOU.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 08-31-2014

I always hear good things from people about the Dreamcast, but it seems like it failed. What happened to it?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 02:16 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I always hear good things from people abut the Dreamcast, but it seems like it failed. What happened to it?

So many things. One big part is the Saturn, which turned many people off of Sega products.

Really, the Dreamcast had the ability to be better than the 64 and PlayStation combined, but a ton of bad luck, the failure of the Saturn, releasing the system around the time of the launch of much improved PS2, and other factors only added up to the system dropping off fast.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - PixelXenoKing - 08-31-2014

(08-30-2014, 08:35 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Five Nights at Freddy's is sure popular now. The game is really fun when you first play it, but once you learn the patterns and have seen all the scares it get super dull (Foxxy scared the life out of me the first time he showed up). I have to give it credit for having such a good idea, though, and I hope a more innovative sequel comes out.

I'm still interested since fans are coming up with such neat artwork, theories, and even some voice acting.

The first two nights or three the game seems scary but after that it just feels like a game were you manage power not much else.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 08-31-2014

So, I've been playing Donkey Kong for the Game Boy a lot again recently. I managed to find a new glitch in it. If you kill a bat by dropping fruit from above on it in the same frame it attacks you, Mario will freeze in the attack animation as the bat dies. So, the timer, all of the other enemies, everything will keep moving as normal, but Mario will just be frozen in the middle of the screen a few feet above the ground doing nothing...
This is annoying when you're attempting to speedrun the said game.

(08-31-2014, 02:16 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I always hear good things from people abut the Dreamcast, but it seems like it failed. What happened to it?

Sega of Japan and Sega of America hated each other quite a lot and decisions to do things were usually met with hostility, so bad company relations was never good.

Then you had the whole Sega CD, 32X and Saturn mess where they basically wasted tons and tons of money on these products only for them to fail miserably.

Sega also kept supporting consoles too much, I believe they supported the Mega Drive and Master System till 1998 just because a small portion of people kept buying it.

Another huge problem was that no one trusted Sega anymore, so without a lot of trust a lot of people weren't going to buy the Dreamcast.

Then you had the games, while they were great the casuals didn't want them. EA basically said they're not going to support them with sports titles and so casuals didn't care for the console, games like Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 don't appeal the casuals similarly to how games like The Wonderful 101 doesn't appeal to casuals.

They also spent something like $14 billlion dollars on creating Shenmue 1 and 2 which only received around one fourth in revenue.

And last but not least, they were up against a DVD player and other upcoming consoles, they just didn't have the money to keep up with them and had to give up in 2001.

There's probably a lot more, including things you could link back to the Saturn and such, but those are the more important ones.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 10:46 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: They also spent something like $14 billlion dollars on creating Shenmue 1 and 2 which only received around one fourth in revenue.

The reson that we will not be getting a Shenmue 3 (sadly).

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Takahashi2212 - 09-01-2014

The PS2, lack of a DVD player, waning third party support, and lack of consumer trust after the 32X/CD/ Saturn. Oh, and the ability to burn Dreamcast games to ANY CD-R and play it without modding anything was also bad. The Dreamcast is, however, a great console with almost arcade perfect ports of games like MVC2 and Street Fighter 3:Third Strike, along with games like Jet Set Radio and Shenmue making it worth owning.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Raiden Blackwood - 09-01-2014

I finally began A Link Between Worlds. It is the first game I've played in almost two years due to my Ps3 breaking. My brother Makk is letting me use his 3ds until I can get my own. :D

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - TheTrueBoss997 - 09-01-2014

I was so bored yesterday I randomly thought it was a good idea to play a dating sim to make time fly by. After looking online many people suggested Katawa Shoujo. This is what people had to say "Oh this is a very good choose your adventure game" "SO MANY CHOICES" "Very well written and it made me want to play it again." So I assumed this was going to be a very good game. Now I expected it to be a visual novel (which I was fine with) but the "game" barely had choices. In the first act the choices felt like they were not important such as "Do you want to introduce yourself to the class?" Yes or why were the choices but in the end I ended up getting drunk and falling off a building in the first act. So I had to search a flowchart to see the choices I had to make taking any of my own freedom away and it just ended up being a visual novel I had to see for 8 hours. Oh yeah this game had NSFW scenes too, which I quote were "Special" "Magicial" but when I went through the NSFW scenes the character seemed like a goddamn rapist. The girl I was with showed her scars has a way of telling someone for the first time about her incident and then 5 minutes later the protagonist just ends up banging her. Overall though it was really well written and had a unique idea but it's just a visual novel and the people claiming that there are so many choices were wrong. Never again though I will decide to check out a dating sim.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 09-01-2014

^I'm confused. Isn't 95% of dateing sim visual novels, and isn't, like, 3/4 of them are NSFW?

Also, not best game to start out with. Since it's popular with the internet, it's most likly going to be a let down (Slinder, Freddy, the like).