VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - TheTrueBoss997 - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 12:35 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: ^I'm confused. Isn't 95% of dateing sim visual novels, and isn't, like, 3/4 of them are NSFW?

Also, not best game to start out with. Since it's popular with the internet, it's most likly going to be a let down (Slinder, Freddy, the like).

Yeah I expected it to be a visual novel, which I didn't mind but the way I saw all these forum discussion of the amount of choices you had and how much you make your own adventure it was interested me the most. I really thought I go in this dating sim with a wide variety of choices. I also knew it was going to be NSFW and at the beginning of the scene it had a powerful message but then it just went to an awkward sex scene in which the protagonist goes in lots of detail of how he was having sex.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 01:07 AM)Takahashi2212 Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 02:16 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I always hear good things from people abut the Dreamcast, but it seems like it failed. What happened to it?
The PS2, lack of a DVD player, waning third party support, and lack of consumer trust after the 32X/CD/ Saturn. Oh, and the ability to burn Dreamcast games to ANY CD-R and play it without modding anything was also bad. The Dreamcast is, however, a great console with almost arcade perfect ports of games like MVC2 and Street Fighter 3:Third Strike, along with games like Jet Set Radio and Shenmue making it worth owning.

The thing is I agree, but then they got ported to GameCube and Xbox with even more content and better looking graphics. Shame about the Dreamcast but at least the games got attention.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 09:12 AM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I was so bored yesterday I randomly thought it was a good idea to play a dating sim to make time fly by. After looking online many people suggested Katawa Shoujo. This is what people had to say "Oh this is a very good choose your adventure game" "SO MANY CHOICES" "Very well written and it made me want to play it again." So I assumed this was going to be a very good game. Now I expected it to be a visual novel (which I was fine with) but the "game" barely had choices. In the first act the choices felt like they were not important such as "Do you want to introduce yourself to the class?" Yes or why were the choices but in the end I ended up getting drunk and falling off a building in the first act. So I had to search a flowchart to see the choices I had to make taking any of my own freedom away and it just ended up being a visual novel I had to see for 8 hours. Oh yeah this game had NSFW scenes too, which I quote were "Special" "Magicial" but when I went through the NSFW scenes the character seemed like a goddamn rapist. The girl I was with showed her scars has a way of telling someone for the first time about her incident and then 5 minutes later the protagonist just ends up banging her. Overall though it was really well written and had a unique idea but it's just a visual novel and the people claiming that there are so many choices were wrong. Never again though I will decide to check out a dating sim.

You just played the wrong kind of dating sim.

I never play them myself, but even I know that KS isn't exactly a kind of dating sim you should play for the first time.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - TheTrueBoss997 - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 03:06 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: You just played the wrong kind of dating sim.

I never play them myself, but even I know that KS isn't exactly a kind of dating sim you should play for the first time.

Yeah it was already too late but I ended up learning my lesson.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 09-01-2014

http://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/2f5vn9/a_case_of_hyperinflation_in_a_virtual_economy/

So, apparently Gaia Online is going through Zimbabwe level hyperinflation.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Raiden Blackwood - 09-01-2014

ALBW is amazing so far. Hnnnnnnng.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - PixelXenoKing - 09-01-2014

Don't starve comes out for PS VITA tomorrow Im really happy its going on VITA and I already own it, the only problem is I never get to play because my PS4 is always occupied and when I do go on I get around 2 hours to play so I normally dont play the game. I already got the money on my account so I just play the waiting game and wait until the Playstation Store updates.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 09-03-2014

It's days like today that I have to remind myself that not everyone knows everything that I know. I came across a buyer review for Super Puyo Puyo. They were saying really good things about the game with the only complaint they had was that it was just a clone of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine but for the SNES.
Well for one, that would be Kirby's Avalanche/Ghost Trap. Second both Kirby and Robotnik are ports of Super Puyo Puyo.
I REALLY wanted to "inform" the person on where they made a mistake, but I thought I would let 'em be since they gave the game a good review that I agree with.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 09-05-2014

Haha, DMC2 is so horrible, and I don't mean that in how I meant DMC1 was bad, I mean that everything just feels so wrong and weird.

Not sure if I'll finish it. Might jump to DMC4 and then DMC:dmc

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - TheTrueBoss997 - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 09:37 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Haha, DMC2 is so horrible, and I don't mean that in how I meant DMC1 was bad, I mean that everything just feels so wrong and weird.

Not sure if I'll finish it. Might jump to DMC4 and then DMC:dmc

I completed the first mission of DMC2 and just stopped. There was no way I was going to finish that.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 09-05-2014

I somehow played till the 5th level, looking at it compared to DMC3 is a joke.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 01:24 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I somehow played till the 5th level, looking at it compared to DMC3 is a joke.

It didn't feel that bad to me because I went to through the DMC games in order. Going from DMC3 to DMC2 would easily put anyone off. Heck, I wouldn't even bother to play through it at that point. But for the sake of understanding the DMC games, I had to go through 2.

You aren't missing out by not playing through 2 though.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 02:18 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 01:24 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I somehow played till the 5th level, looking at it compared to DMC3 is a joke.

It didn't feel that bad to me because I went to through the DMC games in order. Going from DMC3 to DMC2 would easily put anyone off. Heck, I wouldn't even bother to play through it at that point. But for the sake of understanding the DMC games, I had to go through 2.

Isn't 2 not canon anymore? Why would you have to play it if it's not canon?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 09-06-2014

(09-05-2014, 03:41 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 02:18 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

Isn't 2 not canon anymore? Why would you have to play it if it's not canon?

Marvel vs Capcom isn't canon but it's still fun.

In the case of DMC2...eh. I had a couple of hours to waste and again, I had to(sorta).

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-06-2014

I took my 3DS downtown for the first time today whilst I was running an errand to try this StreetPass thing (yes I'm a few years late to the party). It's so exciting ! I got home and five people appeared in my Plaza :D
Two of them had recently played New Leaf, so I also received their towns or whatever it is it sends.

This pleases me greatly :D