VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Hexadecimal - 10-27-2014

[Image: u9fj1sC.jpg]

Mom: What's that?

Me: A severed foot.

Mom: Why?!

Me: He's being chased by cannibals.

Mom: In real life or in a game?! 

Newfangled fancy graphics; confusing the older generation xD

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-27-2014

^

One of my friends mothers used to cheer when my friend would score a goal in Fifa since she couldn't tell the difference between the game and real life.

It was pretty funny.

Also, according to my Halo MCC pre-order the estimated delivery date is the 30th October.

No idea what to think of that.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 10-27-2014

I'm having a fun time playing Metroid Prime. It may be the only game that I don't mind restarting when I find out I missed a one time scan at the beginning of the game..... Twice. Really, I think Metroid may be a lot better in 3D then in 2D.

And then I get to the Phazon Mines. I can see why I stopped playing (you know besides losing the game for five years). I don't really like the Super Soldiers that they introduce there. I'm starting to think that every game has that "No Fun Zone" part in it.

I wish they would make a new Metroid game in the style of the Prime games and in a way that will make fans happy (that's not remaking the over rated Super Metroid). That way my decision to buy a WiiU in the near future would be justified a little more.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-28-2014

Just beat both Wolfenstein: The New Order and Devil May Cry 4 today.

I ain't some causal gamer.

Those two boosted my 210 games compelted to 212, wondering if I could complete something else today as well.

I'd post the list, but spoilers didn't allow it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 10-28-2014

(10-27-2014, 09:18 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [Image: u9fj1sC.jpg]

Mom: What's that?

Me: A severed foot.

Mom: Why?!

Me: He's being chased by cannibals.

Mom: In real life or in a game?! 

Newfangled fancy graphics; confusing the older generation xD

Me in 2005:
(My Mum in the room on the desktop)
Me: "Hey Mum"
Mother: "Yeah"?
Me "Watch this"
*Turns around*
[Image: tumblr_lt571eXEBb1qmuqqao1_500-1.gif]
Looks away in disgust. That being said, she's seen the whole of RE4 so...eh.

Hey Retro, game one before they're gone. Insanely good price!
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-limited-edition-zavvi-uk-exclusive/10647081.html

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Hexadecimal - 10-28-2014

[Image: Oyamatsumi1414514166.jpeg]

BWAHAHA! OMG, F4F Figures strikes again! Look at that terrible face! And they want $500 for this! 

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 03:12 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Hey Retro, game one before they're gone. Insanely good price!
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-limited-edition-zavvi-uk-exclusive/10647081.html

HO-LE-SHIT I'm gonna have to jump on that deal soon, hopefully now if my brother can spare £20. Thanks man.

Incidentally completed Devil May Cry 4 today, I was getting rekted by the final boss a few days ago and left it for a bit. I went back and I actually understood when to attack him and beat him in one go, very good I gotta say.

Also you're going to love this bit Bumblee, but I never bought Tablehopper until I noticed I had 13000 proud souls in reserve for some reason and thought I'd spend them and actually fucking read what Tablehopper was, fuck me I was so stupid when I saw what it was and how useful it was for continuing some combos.

I'm onto DMC: dmc now, not liking how all the fucking buttons are wrong and a dedicated evade button took away the lock on and the fact I have to tap forward twice and triangle to do my lunge move. The 30FPS is sickening to see for a game like this and Dante is just edgy, not much else to say to that.

And in Bayonetta 2 news I'm actually getting pissed at how many times I'm getting hit, every fucking time it's Platinum on Time, Platinum on Combo and fucking Gold on damage because I got hit by something that was out of frame or last second before I dodge. It's fucking up a lot of my end results so I'm always getting Gold's and Platinum's instead of just Pure Platinum's. Any tips Bumblee?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 10-29-2014

(10-28-2014, 07:56 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: HO-LE-SHIT I'm gonna have to jump on that deal soon, hopefully now if my brother can spare £20. Thanks man.
Well be quick because the price just increased to £26

(10-28-2014, 07:56 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Also you're going to love this bit Bumblee, but I never bought Tablehopper until I noticed I had 13000 proud souls in reserve for some reason and thought I'd spend them and actually fucking read what Tablehopper was, fuck me I was so stupid when I saw what it was and how useful it was for continuing some combos.
http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-1657-post-44396.html#pid44396
[Image: TWMEXhR.gif]
I'm gonna start using this more.

(10-28-2014, 07:56 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I'm onto DMC: dmc now, not liking how all the fucking buttons are wrong and a dedicated evade button took away the lock on and the fact I have to tap forward twice and triangle to do my lunge move. The 30FPS is sickening to see for a game like this and Dante is just edgy, not much else to say to that.
You can change the controls to any layout you want y'know. 30FPS sucks yeah.

(10-28-2014, 07:56 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: And in Bayonetta 2 news I'm actually getting pissed at how many times I'm getting hit, every fucking time it's Platinum on Time, Platinum on Combo and fucking Gold on damage because I got hit by something that was out of frame or last second before I dodge. It's fucking up a lot of my end results so I'm always getting Gold's and Platinum's instead of just Pure Platinum's. Any tips Bumblee?
1) Play through a level, complete it. Re-play it. Re-play it. Re-play it. Repeat forever because there's always room for improvement.
2) Make sure you have all of Bayonetta's abilities unlocked(just to let you be creative with combos)
3) YoshesqueSA video on obtaining Pure Platinum is well worth watching:

4) Have fun. The more frustrated you get, the worse these games get.
5) You have to be good both in mental and physical as you can't really assume you're doing good. You have to know you're doing good. This goes for any game like this. Fighting games, Hack and Slash, PVP etc, you have to have good execution and frame of mind. You have to be confident in being able to play the game. It's cringeworthy I know, but games that require these high level execution really are about spending months and months in the lab(training room) and working on tech. It gets to a point where you're actually too good at the game and will end up restarting the same area(Speedrunners know this feeling).
That's not to sound off-putting either but I'm gonna be honest. The best part is that once you've had fun with the game and can play them to a high level, the rewards(beating Bloody Palace, Pure Platinums, doing a cool combo, beating a speedrun time etc) comes very natural and you'll find that the game is now a lot easier.

If you wanna get started, I recommend playing the game on an easy difficulty and having fun with Bayonettas abilities.
Also, do the challenges (Alfheim in Bayonetta 1) and (Muspelheim in Bayonetta 2).
Practice early chapters in Bayonetta
Use that training room in the loading screens. T'is there for a raison.

(10-28-2014, 07:54 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [Image: Oyamatsumi1414514166.jpeg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
^ My reaction
Also, is it me or does his body look really small?

[Image: gxIEWYr.png]

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-29-2014

^

Thanks, I may check it out but while I would love to git gud at Bayonetta and DMC. I feel as if I really can't just keep playing the same game and same level again and again. If I was a kid then I probably would, I mean I got good at Halo because I played the game constantly back when I was a kid then played the multiplayer constantly while I was a teenager.

I'm doing okay as far as I can see, Bayonetta 2 is easier than 1, since I've died for the first time today at Chapter 10 which got me a Bronze Trophy when I've been getting Golds throughout.

Also, a lot of the moves are pretty OP. That blocking move is pretty good to use for when I can't tell when to dodge since I can just push on the stick and initiate witch time, and then you've got the moves that turn damage into witch time and blocking moves and such.

The only time I ever seem to get his is just when I dodge at the completely wrong time or I get hit by another enemy JUST as Witch time ends.

The game is very fun though, but I wish I could use another controller since the Wii U pad doesn't feel right for it.

In other news, Battlefield 4 is one horrible game and everyone who plays it seems to be an idiot who never uses their Defibrillator even thought they're assault.

Also I bought the MGR Special Edition. It'll come on Saturday or so, I'll be playing it again to see if it's better on the 360. I may even play it on hard.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 10-30-2014

(10-29-2014, 09:33 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Thanks, I may check it out but while I would love to git gud at Bayonetta and DMC. I feel as if I really can't just keep playing the same game and same level again and again. If I was a kid then I probably would, I mean I got good at Halo because I played the game constantly back when I was a kid then played the multiplayer constantly while I was a teenager.
It doesn't necessarily have to be the same level, just a level that you enjoy playing.
The reason for this is that you are able to learn how the game works. I've clocked in roughly 200+ hours on DMC4 alone. I can recite you the first 30 stages and tell you what enemies spawn, when they spawn and how they spawn. But that's because of how much I've played. I personally enjoy doing Bloody Palace over and over. If you find a chapter(s) in Bayonetta that you enjoy going through, then it's a good way to understand how these types of games work. The worst part about playing games like Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, DMC, Metal Gear Rising etc is when the enemies the ones controlling how the playing field works. If you repeat a stage you can tell what's coming next and then adjust to the incoming threat. This puts your incharge of the flow of the battle. This then allows for you to be creative with the system mechanics. The Bayonetta challenges are a probably the best method of learning.

(10-29-2014, 09:33 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I'm doing okay as far as I can see, Bayonetta 2 is easier than 1, since I've died for the first time today at Chapter 10 which got me a Bronze Trophy when I've been getting Golds throughout.

Also, a lot of the moves are pretty OP. That blocking move is pretty good to use for when I can't tell when to dodge since I can just push on the stick and initiate witch time, and then you've got the moves that turn damage into witch time and blocking moves and such.

The only time I ever seem to get his is just when I dodge at the completely wrong time or I get hit by another enemy JUST as Witch time ends.
You're in luck. 3 prominent Hack and Slash tournament players just started a school series on YouTube.
XLHGladiator and Ha0KuaiDeJian are very skilled players so I can tell you now, the guides are written by very capable players.
Check out the trailer:

First episode is already out:

(10-29-2014, 09:33 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: The game is very fun though, but I wish I could use another controller since the Wii U pad doesn't feel right for it.

Another key point is obviously your controller. Like playing Street Fighter on a pad. For me personally I wouldn't be able to maximise my potential playing a 360 pad, so I invest in arcade sticks. I don't mind playing Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U gamepad, but I know I can play a lot better on a Game Pro controller.

(10-29-2014, 09:33 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Also I bought the MGR Special Edition. It'll come on Saturday or so, I'll be playing it again to see if it's better on the 360. I may even play it on hard.
Mine came today. Oh man it's awesome! I can't believe how good the price was.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 10-30-2014

So, none of my runs got accepted to be in AGDQ...
But, I got accepted as couch commentary for at least one game so far, so that's pretty cool. Time to learn to commentate a game I don't actually run myself, yahoo.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 04:12 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: So, none of my runs got accepted to be in AGDQ...
But, I got accepted as couch commentary for at least one game so far, so that's pretty cool.  Time to learn to commentate a game I don't actually run myself, yahoo.

So...will YSG now be running EccoCosmykTheDolfyn?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 04:27 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(10-30-2014, 04:12 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: So, none of my runs got accepted to be in AGDQ...
But, I got accepted as couch commentary for at least one game so far, so that's pretty cool.  Time to learn to commentate a game I don't actually run myself, yahoo.

So...will YSG now be running EccoCosmykTheDolfyn?
No, although Dolfihn will be running Ecco The Dolphin: THe Tides of Time this year.  I'm kind of sad about that.  Dolfihn is amazing at both genesis Ecco games (WR holder in both, I beleive), and blueglass can't play at near his level...  But it's YSG hype!!!   I'll be commentating Shinobi III, since I am a runner of Shadow Dancer: Secret of Shinobi.  Ninjas are cool.  There is another game I might be commentating during the Awful Games Done Quick block, but not sure yet.  Since I don't have any runs myself, my plan is just to pop in for a day or two, commentate and help with set up during that time and then leave.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-31-2014

So just finished Bayonetta 2. Moon River is a better theme than Tomorrow is mine. I'd rather that be the main theme.

Also I got one Bronze Statue and the entire thing fucked over my total ranking and got me a silver while the majority of trophies were Gold and some Platinum's.

I think I'll go back to the first one on the 360 and net some more achievements by replaying it again.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Hexadecimal - 10-31-2014

FINALLY! I'M SO EXCITED!

The 5 disc super special edition of The Cat Lady is available, and one of the discs is actually the game Downfall! It was only supposed to be 3 discs, but I guess they felt generous.

There was a code on Facebook to get 66% off shipping, so that was really nice! Once the currency was converted I only paid about $30 total! I think that's a super good deal!