VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-02-2015

I've never actually played a Persona.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 01-02-2015

I started playing Bastion today and I'm completely hooked. The narrator is great and the gameplay is pretty tight.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-03-2015

Playing through The Last of Us again, this time on the PS4 and on Grounded difficulty, the fact there is a 30fps option disgusts me but I guess it is still an option.

The camera option is pretty funny when you pause at a stupid moment, then increase the brightness, move the camera and put it in a polaroid and you've got a funny picture.

Still near the beginning of it, but it doesn't mean it isn't fun.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 01-04-2015

I've had Omega Ruby since launch and never bothered to play it because I didn't wanna level up my Pokemon, so I bought Pokebank and sent over perfect IV and fully EVd level 1 Alakazam, Blaziken and others to make the game a breeze to go through(using Powersaves 3DS for X). Now I can finally play the game...

....and I don't feel bad about it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 01-04-2015

(01-02-2015, 05:48 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I've never actually played a Persona.

Niter have I. I'm changing that though. I bought a brand new copy of P3F and I have to wait a week for it to show up. I have no Idea what the difrance between Persona 3 and PErsona 3 Fes is, but I really don't care.

I could have bought P4, but I was short a dollor.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-04-2015

DYKG donated $500 during the wario run.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-05-2015

So, going through The Last of Us on Grounded is an amazing look into how Naughty Dog can't program AI for shit and telling us their "dynamic unpredictable AI" was just them spawning more people if you took too long.

I've died to some of the most retarded things, some I thankfully recorded using the share button (thanks Sony).

One of these retarded things was that I was hitting an enemy with a brick 2 times (3 needed to kill) only to be countered (while he was on the floor) and my face slammed into a post.

Also another time I spent about an hour trying to silently take down 15 people (I fucking counted to make sure) in a building only for the game to spawn TWO more people at the top of a staircase one of which IMMEDIATELY slammed me in the fact with a Pipe.

Oh God, and don't get me started on the fucking checkpoints, sometimes they revert about 20 minutes of time just because you fucked up on little bit at the end.

The game also makes Joel seem like a fucking weak person who dies to two punches.

Incidentally, I just got off a 5 hour session but I'm actually not off the game yet. I'm making the AI fucking fight each other, right now I'm hiding behind boxes while the AI battle it out with hunting rifles from behind boxes.

Here's an accurate gif to show what the fights are like right now between the AI.

[Image: 95_chance_to_hit_in_fallout.gif]

(01-04-2015, 12:44 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(01-02-2015, 05:48 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I've never actually played a Persona.

Niter have I. I'm changing that though. I bought a brand new copy of P3F and I have to wait a week for it to show up. I have no Idea what the difrance between Persona 3 and PErsona 3 Fes is, but I really don't care.

I could have bought P4, but I was short a dollor.

Eh, you're better off. Some say that playing P4 first sort of ruins it for you since it's not a true persona game but I don't give a shit and played P4G first and take it as a huge slice of life comedy that I shouldn't take seriously and I'm having a blast.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-08-2015

Well, finished The Last of Us and it's DLC on Grounded.

The last part of The Last of Us was surprisingly easy, but still took dozens of tries. Once I worked out that you can run past 80% of the final bit doing precise stops and crouches along the way, the last part became a lot easier.

As for the DLC. From what I saw I thought it was going to be about Ellie and her friend before the infection and it was, but it also had a section that I really wanted from The Last of Us, and playing that bit was fucking fun, and I loved it.

The only problem was the game revolved around cute girls doing cute things and then Ellie going around fucking up zombies and people, which was just annoying. I cared about the latter and doing the former was just a drag.

Still, with all the flaws in the gameplay, ai, weapons and more. I'd still welcome a sequel as long as it was written on par with the first game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 01-08-2015

Yeah the AI was seriously stupid.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 01-09-2015

Just read on gamenesia that Nintendo opened orders for the GameCube controller adapter on the WiiU for Super Smash Bros and sold out in ten minutes.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-10-2015

So I finished Silent Hill, and I don't even know what I expected from the ending.

I thought Silent Hill was basically the opposite of Resident Evil on the "PS1 horror game" scale. I expected a game where I explore a town to find my daughter and in it I run away from the enemies and only fight them when I need to, and the game relies on a primitive system of making sure I don't get hit and keep my supplies plentiful and use them when I need to.

Instead I got some weird B movie style horror game where it feels like Harry is a retard who can't even open a bag of Jelly Beans without them all falling on the floor. He somehow gets caught up in some weird cult and has to save Silent Hill to save his daughter.

To be honest, I left the game with more questions than answers. Hell, the game showed a comedic Jackie Chan style credits system where the people broke character and laughed while it told me who they played.

I mean, I get that the game had a UFO ending and shit, but damn I expected Silent Hill to be a lot different than it turned out to be. To be honest, I didn't hate Silent Hill (well mostly, gameplay was horrible PS1 tank controls which pisses me off) and I did find this credit sequence to be funny but I just don't get what the hell the game was even about.

I'm hoping Silent Hill 2 is better (I hear it's the best). All I know of Silent Hill 2 is this one flash animation I watched about 10 years ago on Youtube and that's about it.

I'm actually going to watch that again.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 10:45 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: SilentHill.txt

To be honest I think it's one of that games that gets the excuse of "for it's time". Silent Hill 1 is a great game....at the time. Admittedly the PS1 aged horribly so some games haven't really passed the time trial test, but I think Silent Hill 1 still has a lot of great moments.

Usually with the first in it's series it's still getting it's name down. This is obvious with the release of Silent Hill 2, a game that many people consider to be one of the greatest games ever made, ranking up there with FFVIII, Ocarina of Time etc etc. It really is a good game and I think Silent Hill 1 is more about setting the series up with the standards of what's to come.

If Silent Hill 1 wasn't really your thing, there is an updated version in the form of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the Nintendo Wii which is incredibly good. It uses the therapist system where what you do and say in the sessions reflects on how the game plays out. Well worth looking into.

If you do eventually play Silent Hill 2, I must stress that you play the PS2 version. The HD Remake really took away the little bits of detail that added to what made Silent Hill 2 great (fog, voice acting, minimal glitches etc).

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 01-10-2015

My daughter and I just spent 45 minutes laying tnt in cave systems on minecraft, trying to blow a mountain up. I thought I was recording it so I could put it up on fb and youtube, then share here. It didn't record. 45 minutes we won't get back...

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 02:41 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 10:45 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: SilentHill.txt

To be honest I think it's one of that games that gets the excuse of "for it's time". Silent Hill 1 is a great game....at the time. Admittedly the PS1 aged horribly so some games haven't really passed the time trial test, but I think Silent Hill 1 still has a lot of great moments.

Usually with the first in it's series it's still getting it's name down. This is obvious with the release of Silent Hill 2, a game that many people consider to be one of the greatest games ever made, ranking up there with FFVIII, Ocarina of Time etc etc. It really is a good game and I think Silent Hill 1 is more about setting the series up with the standards of what's to come.

If Silent Hill 1 wasn't really your thing, there is an updated version in the form of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the Nintendo Wii which is incredibly good. It uses the therapist system where what you do and say in the sessions reflects on how the game plays out. Well worth looking into.

If you do eventually play Silent Hill 2, I must stress that you play the PS2 version. The HD Remake really took away the little bits of detail that added to what made Silent Hill 2 great (fog, voice acting, minimal glitches etc).

I don't hate Silent Hill, but that excuse is perfect for describing the game. It's good for it's time and I can respect that, but playing it today felt wrong and it wouldn't hold up.

Yeah, I read about Shattered Memories once I finished the game and felt kind of annoyed since I could've played the original instead when I could've played a re imagining. I guess it's good in the long run since the original is usually the one SH fans talk about mostly.

As for Silent Hill 2, I own it on the PS2 but don't own a memory card for one reason or another so I can't save data. I tried to emulate it but it can't go above 30fps so it's horrible to play. I heard there was a PC port that seems interesting enough but I don't really know where to get it.

I'll see, one Silent Hill is down and I've got a couple more to go, so I'll have to see if this is a series I'll like.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 01-10-2015

I played some more of the Evil Within and it got legitimately spooky at some points. I'm still enjoying, but there are still some strange bugs. I couldn't figure out where to go, so I quit and I will probably play some more tomorrow.