VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 01-12-2015

Persona 3. The reason that I don't look up story or gameplay spoilers. Going into the game with little information about what it's about, you get images of your female lead putting a gun to her head, A large computer were your dormmates are watching you sleep, and the same female lead attempts to shot you. I don't know why but they make that all seem normal by the 4/9 and 4/18.

Really not what I was expecting, and that a good thing.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 01-12-2015

Yo we got a Nintendo Direct on the 14th, unfortunately for me it's at 6:00 in the morning. 

Nintendo's tweet about it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-13-2015

How come I remember Star Wars Pod Racer for the N64 being ultra hard when I play it again for the first time in years and start seeing new time records the first race I try?
Why?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 07:33 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: How come I remember Star Wars Pod Racer for the N64 being ultra hard when I play it again for the first time in years and start seeing new time records the first race I try?
Why?

because you drive like a sly fox.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 08:18 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 07:33 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: How come I remember Star Wars Pod Racer for the N64 being ultra hard when I play it again for the first time in years and start seeing new time records the first race I try?
Why?

because you drive like a sly fox.

[Image: hE77D64C8]
I seriously forgot about my avatar until you said that.  I guess it works here.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 01-14-2015

I guess that Direct was really exciting for 3DS owners, but as a Wii U owner that was lack luster as fuck. The only notable things for me on the Wii U were Mario Party 10 and new Amiibo styles that come with it and downloadable Wii titles on the e shop which really doesn't make sense to me, but hopefully this means we're closer to getting Gamecube titles for Wii U VC. Kind of disappointed I even got up this early to watch it live.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-14-2015

^

Yeah, the 3DS is doing fine. I don't get why they don't put some shit on the Wii U. Hell, all they need to do for it to be successful is somehow make a Pokémon MMO and you've won the generation right there Nintendo.

Actually, Splatoon was pretty good. You should get it.

Regardless, that Majora's Mask 3DS is ballin'. I was going to spend tons to get both but now they'll come in a bundle for I assume ~£180 so I'm going try to save up for it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 01-14-2015

Nintendo really seems to act like the WiiU is a failure in every regard when it really just hasn't had the chance to DO anything. Going back to older games last year (and part of this year), I notice that Nintendo pushes these big revolutions near the beginning and than allow them to take a backseat to good gameplay. The WiiU has not gotten to that point yet, and from the looks of the Nintendo Direct, it may not get the chance to do that. We might as well count the 3DS as the next console and handheld, since it's gotten more attention than the WiiU.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-15-2015

First hour and a half into Silent Hill 2 and it's pretty good.

The fog is annoying since it's actually more distracting than it was in 1 since it's being forced into 2.

Gameplay has seen a massive improvement and the small hints are really being helpful since in 1 I'd run around the same areas since they'd look the same having no idea where to go.

I also don't think that James is as much of a retard as Harry but we'll just have to see.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Arjahn - 01-15-2015

I'm playing some Prop hunt with some buddies, feel free to join. Just pm me on steam and I'll send you the server info.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 01-18-2015

So my love has persuaded me to play this little game. So far I've been having a roaring amoung fun :)

Here we are after my first dungeon run experience. She was healer and I was tank. Being tank was so much fun (though I imagine less so when you don't have a skilful healer to patch you up every two seconds).

[Image: Ln195Z0.jpg]

PS - I also started playing Saints Row IV, and never have I laughed out loud so much whilst playing a game on my own.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-18-2015

(01-18-2015, 12:11 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: So my love has persuaded me to play this little game. So far I've been having a roaring amoung fun :)

Here we are after my first dungeon run experience. She was healer and I was tank. Being tank was so much fun (though I imagine less so when you don't have a skilful healer to patch you up every two seconds).

[Image: Ln195Z0.jpg]

PS - I also started playing Saints Row IV, and never have I laughed out loud so much whilst playing a game on my own.

Seriously, this is important. What server, horde or alliance?

Edit: My two bros and I are probably gonna be signing back up very soon and this could affect decisions if you're alliance.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 01-18-2015

So, I finally got around to finishing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. I can mostly explain it as Phoenix Wright and Persona put together. I've talked about it before but if you didn't read that. The game is about 15 students in a school who are trapped there and have to escape by killing someone then getting away with it, a class trial is there held and then you have to work out "whodunnit" and if you do they're killed but if you don't everyone else but them is killed.

The game has a lot more action that Phoenix Wright, where instead of just pressing "Hold it" and "Objection" you actually need to shoot down statements with your "Truth Bullets" which act as evidence for you to hold, going as far as you having to use statements as evidences to disprove other statements (which could've been really useful for Phoenix Wright).

Along with these you had a small Rhythm Shooting minigame where you have to prove to someone they're wrong by shooting their statements in rhythm to the music. As well as a "Hangman's Gambit" where you have to find a certain word by shooting letters that come to mind.

Besides this, you've got your basic investigation stage and your "Free time" stage where you can run around talking to others to make the Class Trials easier and such.

Overall, the game is pretty great. The story is really good and surprised me when I really thought about it at the end. It did drag on a bit since it had to explain a lot and the character explaining it was really annoying and you were forced to do weird but humourous choice selections for that section. My only complaint was that I was oddly spoiled on the "bad guy" and made finding out who it was a lot more easier and less surprising than it could've been. (So I really hope I don't get spoiled for the second game)

The characters are good as well (my favourite probably being Hiro) but stand by certain stereotypes (Idiot, Tsundere, Generic Badass, Stuck up kid etc.) which can get annoying after a while but they do sometimes break them and act a bit different.

The gameplay itself can be really difficult to get a hold of since you have to do TONS of work to be able to successfully disprove points. Going as far as putting distractions over the text you need to object to and spinning some of the statements in a circle. I didn't actually understand the Rhythm Shooter part since it was badly explained and kept getting by through luck until the 4th case when I started to actually understand that you're not meant to tap the screen but use the buttons instead.

The music is pretty fucking amazing too. With "Heat Up" being my favourite so far. Still sending chills down my spine well into the final case.

If any of you love Persona or Phoenix Wright (mostly the latter) you'll love this game.

(01-18-2015, 12:11 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: - I also started playing Saints Row IV, and never have I laughed out loud so much whilst playing a game on my own.

Make sure you put some time in to play the first two. They're really great games that are overlooked by people who start with 3 onwards. They have more subtle humour similar to GTA and not as "in your face" as it is in 3 and 4. It's still pretty funny though. The story is also quite well done in the second game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-18-2015

http://steamleft.com/
Find out how much time it would take to beat all your steam games, and what else you could do in that time. This is kind of hilarious.
http://steamleft.com/span/76561198059909248

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 01-18-2015

(01-18-2015, 04:12 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(01-18-2015, 12:11 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: - I also started playing Saints Row IV, and never have I laughed out loud so much whilst playing a game on my own.

Make sure you put some time in to play the first two. They're really great games that are overlooked by people who start with 3 onwards. They have more subtle humour similar to GTA and not as "in your face" as it is in 3 and 4. It's still pretty funny though. The story is also quite well done in the second game.

That's what I had originally planned to do, then I got SR:IV free with my GPU so I decided to play it. Will definitely check out the first few.

(01-18-2015, 12:54 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Seriously, this is important. What server, horde or alliance?

Edit: My two bros and I are probably gonna be signing back up very soon and this could affect decisions if you're alliance.

We're Alliance on Wyrmrest Accord at the moment :) Yiss more players !