VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 02-18-2015

(02-17-2015, 11:38 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

Related

I still haven't got around to playing The World End with You, I hear it's good but I still haven't got enough time to emulate it on a DS, same with Virtues Last Reward, 999, Hotel Dusk and Another Code. The latter being something I did own and probably still do but I couldn't play it was a kid.

That's Zetta good. I laughed.

If you are going to play it, remimber that it's very short for an RPG. I started it two days ago and I'm now on the last week (BTW theres more then one week), not counting the New Game+ or the bonus week. The partner system is also kinda stupid and takes away from my enjoyment.

Other then that (and the fact that Beat is way too stupid to survive one day in the Reaper Game), I see very little wrong with it. It's the only game that I had to turn off the music, not because it was bad but becuse I caught myself dancing to it more then playing the game (wish I was kidding). I'm surprised that people liked it as ir reminds me of Kingdom Hearts CoM (which was made by the same people who co-made this, Jupiter).

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 02-20-2015

Damn, the new 3DS's battery is really fucking good. I haven't had to charge it for being on low battery. I've played MM from like 4am till 7am, highest brightness, 3D on full, wireless on and it was still going strong. If that was the original 3DS I'd need to recharge it.

I have charged it overnight and stuff, but I haven't seen it flash red once yet.

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to talk about Silent Hill 3 before I forget to do so.

It feels really good to work out some long and difficult puzzle by yourself. I wanted to make sure I never used a guide for Silent Hill 3 and when I got to the hospital and had to work out a 4 digit code using the riddle.

"The first is larger than the second;
   the second twice the third;
   the third smaller than the fourth;
   the fourth is half the first.

Four of the numbers are not repeated
   Three are not in the top row
   Two are not in the right row
   One of the numbers is the final key"

Took me around 10 minutes to get the code, which was 8634. I did have to think quite a bit for this one, even got a pen and paper out to work it all out.

Also, the riddle after this one was the open a briefcase that had a 4 letter code, right next to it was a small clock that had it's alarm going off. I stopped it and looked at the time. It said it was 4:27. So I went to the briefcase and since there were 4 numbers I assumed it wanted me to put 16:27. I put it in, but for some reason the case didn't open. There was also a small mark on going down onto the 6, so I tried 16:30 and after that didn't work I attempted all the numbers from 16:00 to 17:00.

I was about to give up when I thought to put 4:27, just as the clock says. So I put the code 04:27 in, and bingo. It opened.

I mean, I get that Silent Hill is meant to have these kinds of puzzles but damn, this one just pissed me off quite a bit due to how it gave 4 digits when it was really 3.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 02-20-2015

^ That reminds me of this one case in the second Ace Attorney game. The one that involved a victum's sister dieing in a car crash. The game wants you to prove that the sister did not die. She was ment to the driver of the car. Me thinking logically, I know that the game was originally a Japainise game which meant that the car had the driver's side on the opposite side (opposite side to American's that is), but the car in the picture has the diver's side on the right. Turns out I was half right. In the Japanese version, the car was American made (a 69 Camaro if I remember correctly)but the translation turns it into some English brand car. So I was right but I had the wrong type of car in mind.

^

Yeah, that was a really stupid part of the game.

The car was British, even though it was a Camaro which is American. It was the fault of the translators and stuff, so it's understandable.

AA is full of stupid shit that you should be able to disprove with an explanation instead of just a pile of evidence.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 02-21-2015

I'm snowed in, and most of my day has consisted of Kingdom Hearts II. I've had it for three days now and have been hooked (even though my only PS2 controller is terrible and drops inputs 50 percent of the time.)
I'm still shocked that this wonderful series was ever made. Combining Disney and Square-Enix games is beautiful, but I would have loved to be in the board room meetings of the first game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 02-22-2015

(02-21-2015, 03:57 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I'm snowed in, and most of my day has consisted of Kingdom Hearts II.  I've had it for three days now and have been hooked (even though my only PS2 controller is terrible and drops inputs 50 percent of the time.)
I'm still shocked that this wonderful series was ever made.  Combining Disney and Square-Enix games is beautiful, but I would have loved to be in the board room meetings of the first game.

I spent a fair few hours playing KH2 also. I'm pretty far into the game, I think. I've decided to try and get more into the synthesizing this time around, because as a kid I rarely ever did it and hardly understood it. I'd really like to try and get the best weapons available, among the other items you can make. It's been great replaying it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 02-22-2015

^ I on the other hand have been trying to get into Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Emphasis on the word trying. The game is so boring and unfun that I find myself going to do other things, like playing a different game or folding the laundry or cleaning my room. It also does not help that the game is trying to "fix" what Kingdom Hearts 1, II, CoM, BbS, Final Fantasy, and most other RPGs "broke." Why is it necessary to have me equip my items, magic, Keyblade, and LEVELS all in the same cramped spot? It's something that I go from TWEwY (where you have the option of weakening yourself by lowering your level to get better items) to Days (where I have to weaken myself because I don't have the room in my equip slots for my levels). Why has this game gone so long without being torn apart? CoM may have had a maniac that only I liked, but at lest it didn't fuck up the already good macanics by making them complicated and stupid.

I really hope that Re:coded is a lot better because I'm going to have my brother bring it up next time he comes over. It can't get be worse then this....... thing. If you excuse me, I think I'll go watch paint dry. It's more interesting then Roxas at the moment.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 02-22-2015

Its gone so long because everyone got stuck in Agrabah.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Takahashi2212 - 02-22-2015

(02-22-2015, 02:43 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I really hope that Re:coded is a lot better because I'm going to have my brother bring it up next time he comes over.

As someone who has played Re:coded, it's pretty good. The chip system is refined. You put stat boosts and levels in the chip system, however, things like Keyblades and items are thankfully equipped like other Kingdom Hearts games. The game uses a deck-like system where you can set magic and items to a deck, that comes in a certain order everytime. You can cycle through it with the L & R buttons. There are also "cores" in the system, and connecting two cores via a set of chips will double the value of said chips, so if you had 5 level ups, they become 10. In terms of worlds, the game is essentially a re-tread of the first game, however, every world has a different gameplay style when you enter it's Keyhole, ranging from a 2D platformer, space shooter, Turn-based RPG, and even an RTS towards the end. The game also contains these weird digital dungeons that are used to progress. Every floor contains a challenge, and you can bet a certain amount of your currency if you complete it. This money can be used to buy items (usually stat chips).

Overall it's a pretty fun game. If you have a 3DS, I recommend you play on it, as the Circle Pad feels really good with this game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 02-22-2015

(02-22-2015, 02:25 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: Overall it's a pretty fun game. If you have a 3DS, I recommend you play on it, as the Circle Pad feels really good with this game.

Something that I've notice when going back to the DS after getting my 3DS is that the analog stick makes most of the games play better. The DS has way too many 3D games that you need the D-pad, face buttions, and/or the touch screen to move and non of those feel comfortable at all (a flaw in both Mario 64 DS and Kingdom Hearts Days). I wanted to play the games the way they were ment to be played, but I found myself going back to the control stick because it felt more natural.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 02-23-2015

I can't get that stupid 'Swim this way, we'll dance and we'll play" song from the Little Mermaid level from Kingdom Hearts II out of my head.
Somebody please send help, my sanity is running on empty.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 02-23-2015

Somebody write today's date down. My game-almost-hating-wife is playing Majora's Mask 3D. She is having me walk her through it and I plan on buying a gamer's guide for her. Might as well buy a guide for Skyward Sword since she made me pre-order it for her. Games normally get on her nerves but she'll play through them if she has a guide.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 08:42 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I can't get that stupid 'Swim this way, we'll dance and we'll play"  song from the Little Mermaid level from Kingdom Hearts II out of my head.
Somebody please send help, my sanity is running on empty.

Gotta get that ultima weapon, bro! It helps so much against Sephiroth.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 02-25-2015

Man, MM is actually really fucking annoying.

So, I spent around 2 days (in game and irl days) looking for all the fairies in the Great Bay Temple because they're scattered in such retarded places and you HAVE to keep switching masks constantly to get around the damn place. When I finally got all of them I went decided I'll use the last day to do some side missions, like reuniting the frog choir since I had already beaten one of the frogs in the Great Bay Temple place.

So I went to the Swamp Dungeon, defeated that frog and then reunited the other two and then I had to go and beat the boss of the Snowhead Temple so wasted my time doing that and when spring came back to the mountains I listened to the Frog's stupid song and got that piece of heart.

I remembered that there was also a Goron Racetrack as well, so I got the big ass bomb and blew up the rocks, and spent so fucking long winning that Goron Race and holy fucking shit these races are so fucking stupid. The amount of times they hit into me and made me lose all my momentum, or when they'd speed up on straights and overpass me JUST as I get to the finish line. I fucking came second once by an inch.

So I eventually beat the fucking race and got the Gold Dust and I'm like "HOLY SHIT, THE THING I NEED TO IMPROVE MY SWORD" so I rush off to the blacksmith and he's all like "lol no sorry we dont work on carnival day XD go bck 2 1st day now :DDDDDDDD"

This fucking game.

ALSO HOW MANY RUPEES DOES THAT FUCKING BANK NEED IN CLOCK TOWN? I'VE GIVEN HIM 3000 SO FAR AND I AIN'T GETTING SHIT.