VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-09-2015

Holy hell, getting 175fps with everything maxed out in DMC4 for the PC is something else.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-10-2015

Okay well I'm super confused now.

I've had a new graphics card since April 2014 or so, it's so-so, but all I use my computer for is L4D2 pretty much.

Now, I usually play on servers with 25 people and when there are about 60 zombies on the screen along with tons of other stuff, so this usually fucks my frames good and I usually play at around 20-60fps. It's usually somewhere between 30-40 on many maps but it can go as low and as high as stated.

Anyhow, because of this I make sure I play on low, everything is put on low. I even downloaded some weird "performance enhancer" for L4D2 that helps low end machines run it well, anyhow no matter what I did I got the same 20-60fps so I just thought fuck it and left it as it is.

Today I downloaded some mods and wanted to check them out on a normal game (well actually a game without any bots or normal zombies, just me and the specials) and I maxed out everything since there would only be a few things on the screen and so I just wanted the game to look pretty, and by maxxed out we're talking 8X MSAA and 16X AA serious stuff  and it was fine, ran between 60-120fps, the usual. I played for a bit, quit and went to play some Resident Evil.

I came back later and joined the server, forgetting I had maxed everything out and when I joined I was greeted to a really good framerate, only ever dipping to 28fps in a large area and everything was fine, it looked great and ran really well, I was pretty damn shocked at all this and was wondering what the hell was going on, and just as I was getting into the game it fucking crashed to the desktop after a boomer exploded (well a few seconds after)

No freezing, no "hl2.exe has stopped working" just a straight crash to the desktop.

Man, I gotta say the Source Engine is something else. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I'm not making this into a thread since it's not a big problem (it worked fine at low) but I wouldn't mind playing with the game and it looking decent for once.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-11-2015

I got Project Brazil working on my laptop, and I've got to say. This is as difficult if not more so than Dead Money.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-11-2015

Well somehow I became friends with Hideki Naganuma on Facebook, so that's great I guess.

All he talks about is Jet Set Radio and it's kinda depressing; but hey, he's a cool guy.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 02:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Well somehow I became friends with Hideki...
*GAAAASP*

(04-11-2015, 02:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: ...Naganuma
Awww :/

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Furo - 04-11-2015

Talking about emulation and ROMs is fine...but not when you're openly expressing you don't own the game, or even the console.
But seriously,how do do you not have a PS1?
-BumblebeeCody.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-12-2015

(04-11-2015, 07:49 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 02:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Well somehow I became friends with Hideki...
*GAAAASP*

Nah, I assume Kamiya would block me.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 04-12-2015

(04-11-2015, 08:07 PM)Furo Wrote: So i tried Chrono Cross today...
[Image: KxhM4I4.png]
welp
I'm gonna make the assumption you own a physical or digital copy of the game? 
(If you get what I'm saying).

(04-12-2015, 04:21 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 07:49 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 02:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Well somehow I became friends with Hideki...
*GAAAASP*

Nah, I assume Kamiya would block me.

[Image: tumblr_nfapg8h8u11u1k1oyo4_1280.jpg]

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Furo - 04-12-2015

Quote:I'm gonna make the assumption you own a physical or digital copy of the game?
(If you get what I'm saying).
Well to be fair, I don't own a real Playstation or a copy of the game, so I'm stuck with a emu, really. But It's a ISO.
In other news, i got a copy of Ocarina of Time for the N64.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-12-2015

^

Don't use ePSXe, it's a crappy PS1 emulator.

I'd say try to use Retroarch or PCSX-R

Spoiler:Also, you totally missed what Bumble was going at...

Actually, how do you not own a PS1 in some shape or form? I own a PS1 mini, 3 PS1's, a backwards compatible PS2 and a backwards compatible PS3. Seriously, I just go to a flea market or something if you need your PS1 fix.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-12-2015

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2497646/Heroes-of-the-Dorm-%28Round-of-16%29

Its weird but awesome seeing Blizzard Games on ESPN.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 04-12-2015

I've been playing a ridiculous amount of Minecraft lately. I've had to do a ton of babysitting my younger cousins, aged 8 and 12, and all they want to do is play Minecraft. Thankfully, Spotify on the PS4 works beautifully and I've managed to not go mental after playing for hours on end.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 12:42 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Actually, how do you not own a PS1 in some shape or form? I own a PS1 mini, 3 PS1's, a backwards compatible PS2 and a backwards compatible PS3. Seriously, I just go to a flea market or something if you need your PS1 fix.

In fact I'm selling a PS1 right now. I could easily just sell you one with a memory card thrown in. Maybe. Your SOL for a copy of CC. I don't have one of those, but 2 out of three isn't bad.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-14-2015

Guys, Hearthstone is available on phones now! Android and I-Phone!

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 04-14-2015

MARIO KART 8 DLC TRAILER!!!!!!!!!