VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 04-16-2015

So, I got a beta key for Heroes of the Storm given to me. It's fun. Way simpler than LoL or DOTA. I doubt I'd have ever paid $60 for it, but I do enjoy it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-16-2015

Cosmyk, mah man! We need to hero up. You're probably already better than me.

In unrelated news, I am now Will Smith in Fallout New Vegas.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-16-2015

Man, I'm actually kind of disappointed over the fact Resident Evil 2 and 3 are just direct ports from the PS1 on the Gamecube instead of being remade like the first game.

While this isn't bad in anyway, I am really disappointed that it's not remade.

Here's hoping 2 and 3 get a similar GC treatment for the PS4/Xbox One. I'm not sure if I should hold out on that though, since I could easily emulate/find Resident Evil 2 and 3 and go through them on whatever console is best for them.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 07:20 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Cosmyk, mah man! We need to hero up. You're probably already better than me.

In unrelated news, I am now Will Smith in Fallout New Vegas.
Well, my Battle.net account is CosmykDolfyn. Hit me up!

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 08:10 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Man, I'm actually kind of disappointed over the fact Resident Evil 2 and 3 are just direct ports from the PS1 on the Gamecube instead of being remade like the first game.

While this isn't bad in anyway, I am really disappointed that it's not remade.

Here's hoping 2 and 3 get a similar GC treatment for the PS4/Xbox One. I'm not sure if I should hold out on that though, since I could easily emulate/find Resident Evil 2 and 3 and go through them on whatever console is best for them.

The way that I see it, RE1 was a B-movie that just happened to be a game. While this can be a good thing (House of the Dead comes to mind), RE1 is just...... bad. The 2nd and 3rd were much better (from what I hear. I need to get around to playing 2 and buying 3). RE1 needed an update just to be as good as the sequls. That's why I think RE1 got a REmake and RE2 and 3 did not.

If you want, play Code: Veronica X. I hear it updates some of the graphics while still being a deract port of the Dreamcast game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 04-18-2015

I just found Fable: The Lost Chapters in a book store. I'm so excited.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-19-2015

^

It's the best one.

After that, it went downhill and now it's fallen off the cliff but it's still going, some say it will go so low it'll reach the bottom of the ocean.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-19-2015

I liked the second one quite a bit. The first Fable is great, but the controls are just so bad nowadays. That's reasonable as it is a 10 year old game though.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-19-2015

The second one is alright, but it's only about 60% as good as the original.

Seriously, you don't understand how depressing it is to be a Fable fan since the beginning and to see it become a terrible shell of a shell of what it was.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-19-2015

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58717/?
Forgot to add the link for the Will Smith mod. Also Rick Grimes, Mad Max, and some guy I'm not familiar with called Chakan.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 04-19-2015

(04-19-2015, 02:32 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58717/?
Forgot to add the link for the Will Smith mod. Also Rick Grimes, Mad Max, and some guy I'm not familiar with called Chakan.

Chakan was a comic book charicter..... I think. I just know him from his balls hard game on the Genesis.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 04-21-2015

(04-19-2015, 12:41 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

It's the best one.

After that, it went downhill and now it's fallen off the cliff but it's still going, some say it will go so low it'll reach the bottom of the ocean.

(04-19-2015, 12:52 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I liked the second one quite a bit. The first Fable is great, but the controls are just so bad nowadays. That's reasonable as it is a 10 year old game though.

(04-19-2015, 02:25 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: The second one is alright, but it's only about 60% as good as the original.

Seriously, you don't understand how depressing it is to be a Fable fan since the beginning and to see it become a terrible shell of a shell of what it was.

I played Lost Chapters a few years ago when a friend moved in for a short period of time. So, I got to pick right back up where I left off.
Fable 2 was alright. It improved on filling in the broken promises of what was going to be in the first one, but it was too short imo. Too bad the disk broke in two when I pulled it out of the case.
Fable Legends looks promising from what I've seen, but I haven't seen much.
I always wanted a Zelda game that had a Fable feel to it, with multiplayer online (Fable Legends?) There's only so much interaction with people and only so many quests before it gets boring.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-21-2015

(04-19-2015, 02:25 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Seriously, you don't understand how depressing it is to be a Fable fan since the beginning and to see it become a terrible shell of a shell of what it was.

But... I do. I used to love that series.

In other news, I've gone and purchased GTA V ! And now the million hours of game-file downloading can begin !

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Mass Distraction - 04-21-2015

(04-19-2015, 02:57 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 02:32 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58717/?

Chakan was a comic book charicter..... I think. I just know him from his balls hard game on the Genesis.

[Image: CHAKAN.jpg]

I'm sad that the person who made the video found in the link also says he doesn't know who Chakan is. It's called research and if you are going to make a showcase video you should propably do it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-21-2015

Ahhh yeah, just started my Hard God Hand run.

[Image: 7drHiqr.gif]

And in other news my brother bought Bloodborne, so eh. I guess I should play it.