VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 05-04-2015

Retro, you should make videos on God Hand.

Started Xenoblade Chronicles 3D yesterday(After a week of owning a new3DSXL). Yeah...it's good.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 03:48 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Retro, you should make videos on God Hand.

Started Xenoblade Chronicles 3D yesterday(After a week of owning a new3DSXL). Yeah...it's good.

Haha, most of the fighting would be simple stuff though, and abusing the God Hand whenever a demon pops out cause I hate fighting those things.

I need to buy Xenoblade, but I'm still on the fence of...

1) Playing the Wii version which I own, maybe on the Wii U so I can play on a 480p screen to improve visuals. (Free)
2) Emulating the Wii version. (which would require a new graphics card so maybe £200~)
3) Buy the 3DS version. (£40~)

The second option would be a dream for me.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 05-05-2015

Battle of Gods outfits for Goku and Vegeta were added to Xenoverse, including a SSGSSJ wig. It looks great on my Namekian...

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 05-06-2015

Man, listening to the Metroid Fusion soundtrack really reminds me of how scary that game was.

It's atmosphere was pretty damn scary, and I couldn't play it as a kid due to how fucking scary the SA-X was, hell even when I could get past that the God damn alerts were just scarier, and the amount of new stuff you'd have to get through to turn it off.

The best bits of it were the Navigation Rooms as well, since you think you're safe in there and when you access the computer you're told something even scarier that just puts you on your toes. Hell, when you find out that are MULTIPLE SA-X's and they can all KEEP MULTIPLYING, you're just thinking "HOLY FUCK".

Seriously, even though you only fight one SA-X about 2/3 times, the idea that there are 10 or so is just too scary. Still, it's a shame the SA-X doesn't chase you like the Alien does in Isolation, NOW THAT would be a scary game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 05-07-2015

[Image: 4th_Stage.png]

Alright, 4th stage down. I love the final boss of this stage because he's just so easy.

As for Azel, I got pissed off fighting him on the 10th try so I just spammed Fist of Justice, Yes man Kamblam and Chain Yanker to finish him off in a few minutes.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 05-08-2015

I found myself unable to work with a lot of free time this week. Brought my ps2 and challenged random people to Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Good times.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 05-09-2015

Anyone else played Splatoon yet, I did at Eurogamer, but the demo is quite fun.

Roller's OP, Sniper is alright but once I saw how OP the roller was I just used that all the time.

Games fun, but it could get boring very quickly if there isn't a type of progression akin to CoD giving a reason to come back and play, plus five maps can be very stale.

Not willing to spend £40 on it, but I could get it for £24 and split it with my brother making it £12, that's a decent price for the game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 05-09-2015

Yeah I'm really no into it that much. My main reason is (yeah it's stupid) but it's because it's Nintendo. Splatoon is Nintendo's first attempt at making a serious competitive game that isn't Smash. Where the core mechanics are set (not turning items off and certain stage only etc) and we can play on those rules.
But instead, Nintendo have given us the most basic version of multiplayer that I personally can't stand. No voice chat, no customised friend list, poor Nintendo online service, bare functioning friends list funtions. It being on the Wii U doesn't help either since social gaming is something Nintendo seems to not even understand.

I'm sure it'll be fun but I really just don't care for how basic it is. At a cheaper price, perhaps.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 05-09-2015

^

The online was fine though? I didn't disconnect, and found games in 20 seconds or so, and even when playing with Japanese people there was no noticeable lag.

Unless you're talking about online as in Nintendo's take on online in general?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 05-09-2015

I've thought up a great trolly build in Xenoverse. When you're a majin, you can use a move that turns people into candy. You can also equip an item that does it too if you hit someone (% chance). Its a status effect that makes a character unable to attack/ move quickly, but also unable to take damage. So, get those two things, some healing/guard based moves, and a spammy energy attack and you can win by just having more health.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 03:57 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

The online was fine though? I didn't disconnect, and found games in 20 seconds or so, and even when playing with Japanese people there was no noticeable lag.

Unless you're talking about online as in Nintendo's take on online in general?

Funnily enough for a free online service, Nintendo is actually pretty good. Connectivity is generally fine. I mean the typical online gaming functionality that should be standard at this point.
Easy to use friends list, message integration, parties, voice chat, even customisable lobbies is something Nintendo are not including. Splatoon is Nintendo's first co-op competitive game/shooter game they've made and taken out all of the aspects that make online co-op as strong as it is. I was really hoping Nintendo would throw everything into this multiplayer. They still fear the online peados and hate mail.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 05-10-2015

I did a Pseudo Speedrun* of Resident Evil on Very Easy to get that under 3 hours achievement, got it in 2 hours and 6 minutes, plus the no saving and saving no one.

*Copying what some guy does on a Youtube video.

It's kind of annoying to replay Resident Evil around 8 times or so to get all the trophies.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 12:51 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: It's kind of annoying to replay Resident Evil around 8 times or so to get all the trophies.

It's anoying to replay any game multaple times. I haven't played Epic Mickey since I first played it just because the badges take like three or more replays to get everything and it burnt me out. Just because it's a short game doesn't give it the right to be annoying with collectables.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 05-10-2015

^

Eh, they can be fun sometimes. Take going through God Hand. If you're like me you'd probably play it mulitple times and still have fun with it, but for something like Resident Evil where the combat is very meh, there isn't much to do once you know exactly where to go and what will happen, you're just doing the same thing again and again.

Speaking of God Hand.

[Image: 5th_stage.png]

I hate Elvis so much, I think he's my least favourite boss, all of his forms. They're all about power so messing up a move can results in 75% of your health bar gone. I also fucked up once, I had him on about 1hp but wanted to get a crate so I ran past him and he just did some super punch towards me and I had to restart from the beginning. Such a shame, but I got him eventually.

[Image: Press_F_to_pay_respects.jpg]

Press F to pay respects.

I'm also on Tiger Joe right now, I'll see if I can record the fight, but it might mess up the frames.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 05-10-2015

[video=youtube]]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGmRYA-eV4[/video]