VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 06-25-2014

Someone gave me a free copy of Payday 1 and I found out about something called the overdrill. A couple random people online and I did it and I leveled up 15+ times in that mission alone.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - PixelXenoKing - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 07:15 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Someone gave me a free copy of Payday 1 and I found out about something called the overdrill. A couple random people online and I did it and I leveled up 15+ times in that mission alone.

The method I used for leveling is to start FWB on overkill and do every objective up until you place the drill its fast leveling but not power leveling.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 09:18 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 07:15 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Someone gave me a free copy of Payday 1 and I found out about something called the overdrill. A couple random people online and I did it and I leveled up 15+ times in that mission alone.

The method I used for leveling is to start FWB on overkill and do every objective up until you place the drill its fast leveling but not power leveling.

I got to level 63 today.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - PixelXenoKing - 06-26-2014

(06-25-2014, 11:47 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

I got to level 63 today.

If you have the DLC that extends the level limit from 145-193 after level 145 levels start to take really long to level up.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 02:16 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 11:47 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

I got to level 63 today.

If you have the DLC that extends the level limit from 145-193 after level 145 levels start to take really long to level up.

Oh, I'm probably never gonna get that dlc. If I'm getting money to get stuff like that, even if its only $1 atm, I'd probably just get the sequel and see if you guys would be interested in a few games.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 06-26-2014

I got my old computer set up now in a location where I can stand and play Fallout 2, no internet though, so no Steam. And shoutout to gog.com for their awesome DRM free games.

And if you do get Payday 2, Psycho, I'd totally be down for playing.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - PixelXenoKing - 06-26-2014

I would not mind playing also. Im level I-64.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 06-27-2014

I would've posted this sooner but I'm recovering from a 20 minute laughing fit with friends.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 06-28-2014

I've started another game in New Vegas, but this time with a mod that makes me look Big Boss, and another that adds the ! sound effect if I'm seen by an enemy while sneaking. I'm going to continue looking for silly mods.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 06-28-2014

(06-27-2014, 02:58 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I would've posted this sooner but I'm recovering from a 20 minute laughing fit with friends.

Holy hell, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. That was just glorious.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - GameWizard001 - 06-28-2014

I've started Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker the other day. I tried playing it before when I first got the HD collection but stopped after a few missions. It is kind of a lengthy explanation of why I like and don't like this game so I will put in the spoiler tags.

I know there are other points to make on this but I'm starting to ramble in my head on what to say about this. The reason I'm even playing this is two fold;

1) I do like Metal Gear Solid as a series and really Metal Gear (although probably not Revengeance with Raiden just because it really isn't what Metal Gear is all about).

2) and this is the bigger reason of the two, Metal Gear Solid 5 takes place after Peace Walker. Ground Zeroes although short is a bridge between the two games and unless you play Peace Walker you can't really understand why characters react the way they do to other characters and they also gave some big ass spoilers in it so now I have to play it just to get a more complete and full context of the spoilers. That and characters that appear in MGS5 are introduced in Peace Walker so I need to play it for that as well.

You have to give it to Kojima, he knows how to create a very rich and complex narrative that has taken him a long time to tell. And by the looks of things not ready either to finish it anytime soon.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 06-28-2014

Doom DYKG video was cool.
But a small mistake (not related to Doom) is bugging me. The King James Bible is not a translation, it's a version. If anyone is really curious, a translation is made when you actually take the original language manuscripts and translate it to another version. The King James was made by taking other English Bibles and re-writing them (while actually adding in some words and a few extra verses) without looking at any Hebrew, Chaldi or Greek manuscripts. Therefore, it's proper name is The King James Version, NOT The King James Translation.

Ok, little rant over.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - TheTrueBoss997 - 06-28-2014

(06-28-2014, 08:51 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: I've started Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker the other day. I tried playing it before when I first got the HD collection but stopped after a few missions. It is kind of a lengthy explanation of why I like and don't like this game so I will put in the spoiler tags.

I know there are other points to make on this but I'm starting to ramble in my head on what to say about this. The reason I'm even playing this is two fold;

1) I do like Metal Gear Solid as a series and really Metal Gear (although probably not Revengeance with Raiden just because it really isn't what Metal Gear is all about).

2) and this is the bigger reason of the two, Metal Gear Solid 5 takes place after Peace Walker. Ground Zeroes although short is a bridge between the two games and unless you play Peace Walker you can't really understand why characters react the way they do to other characters and they also gave some big ass spoilers in it so now I have to play it just to get a more complete and full context of the spoilers. That and characters that appear in MGS5 are introduced in Peace Walker so I need to play it for that as well.

You have to give it to Kojima, he knows how to create a very rich and complex narrative that has taken him a long time to tell. And by the looks of things not ready either to finish it anytime soon.

I agree with what you said about Peace Walker. There were parts where I forgave it because it was a PSP title (and for a PSP title it was freaking amazing) and they probably didn't have enough space to work with. One thing though I must say was that co-op was freaking amazing. I played the original version on the PSP and I played with PixelXenoKing along with two other people on ad-hoc and it was a blast.
I personally think Peace Walker is better enjoyed with friends because it adds a whole new gameplay element. When I went on the HD version I actually found it boring because I was on my own and playing with online players didn't have that same feeling compared to playing with friends. So I kinda understand your reasoning to stop playing it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - GameWizard001 - 06-28-2014

^ Well to be fair, I stopped playing before playing MGS5:GZ. So now I'm playing it just so I know what happened that lead to the events of 5. I'm gonna play it like I did with Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Probably play it the one time and maybe some other time in the future if I'm bored, but only so I can see the game that bridges the gap between other games.

I really hate it though when games are made this way, I agree this game is good but I just not familiar this variation's mechanics, and I hate how they go about porting these games. Games that are canon, made for a handheld console, but you need to play it in order for the next bigger console version to make much sense is what I mean.

I do like that they eventually make them into ports or in the case of KH:CoM a remake of it as it was for the Gameboy Advanced to start and then they made a PS2 version with CGI cutscenes and voice acting so it helped.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Hexadecimal - 06-28-2014

Holy crap... This would totally be me if I were a game character!

I HAVE to find a way to play this game!